The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 29: October 2020 - July 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my favourite colour or style on her but I suppose it was pink for IWD.

Lovely colour and look on the duchess today.

Knew her amazing run of stylish age appropriate would end. Sad so soon. :sad:

Back to the themes and bows.

International woman's day? What better then baby nursery pink.

And those frumpy juvenile bows I have not missed.

I like the cut of the coat and the top, but I'm not a fan of bubblegum pink. Still I like that Catherine has been wearing more slacks in recent years during her daytime events especially those that take place at nurseries and schools.

I like the colour, it’s cheerful and suits her giving a younger,but still business like, vibe. I agree that wearing trousers to an engagement is a plus.

I love that pink!! I think the pants are a great idea when interacting with children. It allows you to sit down without worrying about your skirt.

The color is very pretty and spring like. Nice look!

I like the cut of the coat and the top, but I'm not a fan of bubblegum pink. Still I like that Catherine has been wearing more slacks in recent years during her daytime events especially those that take place at nurseries and schools.
I agree completely, the coat and top are very very nice, but the pink just... is something :lol:

The Duchess looked nice but maybe a different coloured top, a bit too much pink in my opinion.

I don't mind that both the coat and the top are pink, but it does bother me that they look like different shades of pink.

She looks lovely. Beautiful shade of pink.

The Daily Telegraph, which is supposed to be a serious newspaper, one of the heavyweight broadsheets, has proclaimed that the reason Kate wore a pink coat today and a pink blouse on Monday is that it's a colour of peace and reconciliation, and shows that she wants to extend an olive branch to Harry and Meghan.

I think it was a character in The Da Vinci Code who said that some people would look in the phone directory and find hidden meanings in the words! It's just a nice pink coat. I don't think it's meant to be sending out a message to the world :) !

It couldn't possibly have had anything to do with International Women's Day on Monday!

I've never heard of pink being the colour of peace and reconciliation. That's more white and IIRC possibly blue.

I'm surprised The Telegraph of all publications decided to try and decipher hidden meanings in fashion choices.

How come she never (or rarely) wore pink before ? It suits her perfectly. What a beautiful outfit, it makes me want to go out and wore pink myself !

Kate has plenty of pink looks. Maybe not bubblegum pink, but she does.

It couldn't possibly have had anything to do with International Women's Day on Monday!

I've never heard of pink being the colour of peace and reconciliation. That's more white and IIRC possibly blue.

I'm surprised The Telegraph of all publications decided to try and decipher hidden meanings in fashion choices.

Its not that its a color for reconcilliation.

The suggestion was that pink is often seen as a color for anti-bullying. At least in North America it is. We have pink shirt day in February, as a sign of unity against bullying. The implication reporters are making is that Kate wore pink as a sign of 'I am supporting Meghan against the bullying'.

Really its just another 'Miss Frizzle' moment at most. The whole wear a theme. Navy stripes for sea events, military shoulder pads and buttons for Trooping. Now baby nursery pink on Monday and bubblegum pink as the embodiment of the Old fashioned idea girls wear pink for women's day. A great miss here, for a great way to celebrate women in the 21st century is not to be a walking posterboard for the 'stereotypical woman' wearing the barbie pink.

I love the look, theme aside. Its sleek and professional. :flowers:

I am happy the coat is slightly different shade then the top. If it was the same bright shade as the top, it would have been over kill. It breaks it up.

Was worried after Monday she reverted to Nana's closet. Glad to see this look.

She has many pink looks (from coats, to dresses and a suit). Didn't she wore a bubblegum pink outfit at Trooping the Color 2017?

There was possibly no hidden meaning she just fancied wearing a pink coat.

Kate looks lovely in the pink and I like that she wore a top from Boden.
She proves that it doesn't all have to be designer clothes.

The Duchess of Cambridge in a green Zara jacket during a St Patrick's Day video message:

** Pic **

Last edited:
I really like that shade of green on her.

The duchess looks lovely for St Patrick's day and green always looks good on HRH.

I really like Catherine hair, it looks amazing
I love the colour of the jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom