The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 - October 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 28 of the thread for the Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 27: September 2019 - January 2020 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I think she has several upcoming daytime events after their BAFTA ...will be interesting to see if she recycles some of her day looks..would love to see some she's not worn in several years.

LaRae

I think she has several upcoming daytime events after their BAFTA ...will be interesting to see if she recycles some of her day looks..would love to see some she's not worn in several years.

LaRae

Well said. I have always thought that Catherine could reuse a lot of her clothes a lot more than she actually does.

I think we will see more of her recycling her clothes. It’s only relatively recently she has upped the number of her engagements -certainly evening ones have been very few since the birth of her third child. I don’t see her as being someone who would be ostentatious about clothes and I think she would be sensitive to criticism if this was being picked up in any significant way by the media.

I think she has accumulated enough of a wardrobe at this point that it would be appropriate for her to recycle even more than she does. She does recycle, but I'd like to see fewer additional blue coat dresses, for example, and more reuse of the ones she has. It's time to emulate the Duchess of Cornwall a bit more, I think.

I think she has accumulated enough of a wardrobe at this point that it would be appropriate for her to recycle even more than she does. She does recycle, but I'd like to see fewer additional blue coat dresses, for example, and more reuse of the ones she has. It's time to emulate the Duchess of Cornwall a bit more, I think.

This is more or less a reply for three of you, Muriel and Elly C too:

Yes after almost 9 years married..although less as a full time royal she should have a good many daytime looks to work with. I need to go look around and see some of her old ensembles.

I would like to see more of the print skirt/black sweater type of look and less of the coat dress uniform. She can look so chic at times. I do love some of her coat dresses but I do get tired of seeing blue, blue, blue, oh a green, blue etc.

I will also be glad with the 70's high neck long sleeve with the neck bow disappears. I'm hoping that starts fading out this year!

LaRae

Well said. I have always thought that Catherine could reuse a lot of her clothes a lot more than she actually does.
I agree. It's true that some of her clothes have had several outings but there's tons of stuff we've only seen once (I don't mean casual things that she might wear 'off duty').

I will also be glad with the 70's high neck long sleeve with the neck bow disappears. I'm hoping that starts fading out this year!

I'd rather see those items again but with alterations - she's done that with a couple of things.

Last edited:
Yes I'd be okay with some of them if they had alterations to the bodice and removal of the bow.

LaRae

Really nice and dignified look today at the UK Holocaust Memorial event in London.

Speaking of recycling...

This is a lovely and very appropriate dress for the occasion. Catherine looks wonderful, dress and jewelry are perfect.

Speaking of recycling...

This is a lovely and very appropriate dress for the occasion. Catherine looks wonderful, dress and jewelry are perfect.

I agree. Perfect all round.

Catherine looks gorgeous - sophisticated and appropriate for the event whilst also being stylish.

She looks fantastic! I love her hair tied back!

Quite an elegant and fashionable look today.

The whole look are recycled pieces.

This is one of my favourite coat dresses of hers. Overall elegant style. :flowers:

The only thing not huge fan of is the black collar.

Her hair looks lovely pulled back a bit, not usual curls. Even like the grannie pearl earrings for the event.

https://whatkatewore.com/2020/01/27...e-the-duchesss-survivor-portraits/#more-62974

Photos of her outfit for the holocaust photo shoot. Plaid skirt by Guci and black top. Love that she is using more separates finally.

Love the skirt. But like a recent one, length is off.

They pick on her weight but I think she looks slim and pretty in all her clothes. She looks like Princess Mary to me.

This is more or less a reply for three of you, Muriel and Elly C too:

Yes after almost 9 years married..although less as a full time royal she should have a good many daytime looks to work with. I need to go look around and see some of her old ensembles.

I would like to see more of the print skirt/black sweater type of look and less of the coat dress uniform. She can look so chic at times. I do love some of her coat dresses but I do get tired of seeing blue, blue, blue, oh a green, blue etc.

LaRae

She has also spent 3 of those years pregnant or post partum.

Catherine is at Evelina London Children's Hospital today she's wearing Dolce and Gabbana, a repeat outfit from February 2019.

February 2019 Outing

January 2020 Outing

I love the material, I love the jacket/bodice ...but I am not at all a fan of that short skirt on her. It throws her porportions all off.

I like her choice of shoe better this time around as well...at least from this one angle it looks like a different shoe!

LaRae

Last edited:
I love the material, I love the jacket/bodice ...but I am not at all a fan of that short skirt on her. It throws her porportions all off.

LaRae

I prefer the shorter skirts to that mid-length she is so fond of.

Catherine is at Evelina London Children's Hospital today she's wearing Dolce and Gabbana, a repeat outfit from February 2019.

February 2019 Outing

January 2020 Outing

I enjoy when she wears something a bit more kicky and fun. I get it that she has decided to dress like a future queen, but she's not that age or station yet. This frankly made me smile because it is updated. I need smiles these days. It may be unfair of me to rely on royalty to amuse me, but it is PART of the reason I bother to follow. A small lift is a boon. JMO.

I like this suit, and I like the shorter skirt in this case. However, I think we are also seeing why shorter, flippy skirts are not necessarily a wise decision, and why perhaps Catherine wears them so seldom. She had a close call, handled it perfectly, but there is a reason why we don't see them often, and my guess is today was a perfect demonstration of that.

She has also spent 3 of those years pregnant or post partum.

I'm not holding that against her.

LaRae

No, but that is three years of clothing that she won't wear much or at all, so really it is fewer than 9 years of clothing. And even those first couple years they did limited engagements while William was still full time military in Anglesey.

I prefer the shorter skirts to that mid-length she is so fond of.

There can be a happy medium. Her skirt lengths look best at the knee or mid calf IMO

LaRae

No, but that is three years of clothing that she won't wear much or at all, so really it is fewer than 9 years of clothing. And even those first couple years they did limited engagements while William was still full time military in Anglesey.

Even so that is still at least about 4 to 5 years total of daytime looks that we have seen and who knows what we haven't seen that was worn on private engagements.

I don't mind it when she wears new items...I just like to see the older ones from several years ago too. Although I do get bored with coat dresses.

LaRae

I like this suit and agree it has a younger spirit to it. The shape of the skirt suits the length . I think it would have looked a little dowdy if it had been lengthened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom