The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 10: November 2019 - October 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see the dress get used again, a very early example of the style that we came to see on Catherine over the years. I wish she had worn a serious bejewelled bracelet to add a little excitement to the look.

She looks lovely, "just this old simple thing I had from 10 years ago". It would have been nice to have more exciting jewellery but I suppose the focus is firmly on the awards themselves for this one.

The duchess looks stunning and a really beautiful dress.

She looks lovely, "just this old simple thing I had from 10 years ago". It would have been nice to have more exciting jewellery but I suppose the focus is firmly on the awards themselves for this one.

As you say HEAVS, the focus on the awards, not the night to be the story.

Last edited:
I am so happy to see this dress. 10 years of waiting for the repeat!

I’ve always liked this dress. Love seeing it again.

Kate looks beautiful, I like that she wears her clothing more than once!

I liked this dress the first time around, and it’s stood the test of time. I can’t believe it’s been ten years since she first wore it. Time flies!

It's wonderful that the Duchess of Cambridge has worn a gown that is ten years old. I wonder if she'll eventually wear clothes as old as some of Princess Anne's.

The dress iz beautiful, look better adjusted this time though...maybe it's the belt,anyway i like it very much

She looks amazing from head to toe. I absolutely love her hair and makeup!

This is the benefit from wearing dresses like these. Yes they maybe quite expensive but 10 years later these dresses will retain their value and still look amazing!!

I agree. I love this dress but a sparkly clutch and bracelet would have made the outfit complete.

I really like Catherine's hair.

For some reason I thought she has repeated this dress before, but I guess not.

I agree with others that a nice, substantial bracelet would have finished the look.

I think that the dress / ensemble is more of a thumbs up than thumbs down, but it looks out of season. It would work better for an event in a warmer month, plus it does not complement William's look.

It may just be the light but her belt looked more gold than the original silver/crystal worn originally. It balanced so discretely with the diamond bracelet and clutch bag. This time around the bodice does not seem quite so feminine and "blouson" as it did in 2011 which gave it a softer line.

However, it looked very out of place with an ethereal pastel placed next to a fine black wool turtleneck and velvet jacket worn by her husband. She looked Spring and he looked distinctly Autumnal.

It's wonderful that the Duchess of Cambridge has worn a gown that is ten years old. I wonder if she'll eventually wear clothes as old as some of Princess Anne's.

She will have a very different job from Anne’s by the time her clothes get to be 40 years old! (Horse farm owner v. Queen)

:previous: Oh, I don't know. It's not as if she will be feeding the horses in an evening gown. I think that Princess Beatrice's wedding dress and Princess Madeline's evening wedding reception gown have shown that in royal circles, fashion for evening or gala gowns rarely dates. :flowers:

Princess Anne is recycling dresses that she wore to perform royal duties/attend royal events 30+ years ago to perform royal duties/attend royal events present day.

Besides, for some of the ensembles that Catherine has sported, wearing them when she is in her sixties or seventies will fit her age. :hiding:

Last edited:
Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom