Royal House of Fashion: Who is the Designer and Help Topic

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GlitteringTiaras

Heir Apparent
City
.a
Country
United States
If you are looking for a specific ensemble, designer, or whatever this is the place where you can ask your fellow members for help. Please try and be as detailed as you can, for example, the event in question or the name of the royal.

Please remember this a HELP and Who Designed This? topic where members can find quick answers to their questions such as: Who designed Princess Mabel's wedding gown? Therefore, it is not a discussion thread where members can start posting how beautiful or how ugly they think Mabel's bridal gown was.

I hope this new topic will be helpful for everyone!

Mandy, Kwanfan, TheTruth, Dazzling, and GT:flowers:
Royal House of Fashion Mods.

Thanks GT - I'll kick off, I have many questions for this topic but here is the first: Who designed the dress, coat and accessories which HRH Crown Princess Mary wore at the announcement of her engagement to Frederik?
I have checked out Mary's original daytime fashion thread, which suggests Chanel, Celli Freifeldt and (perhaps with most certainty) Kenth Fredin

Pictures: One Two Three

EDIT: Looks like I can answer my own question, to an extent, this article refers to the dress, but not the rest...

Freifeldt noted the dress Mary wore on the day of her engagement, 8 October, when the Danish people got their first glimpse of the future King and Queen as they waved from the balcony of Amalienborg. The man responsible for Mary's clean-cut, classic look, tailor Kenth Fredin, told Ritzau that Mary's style and image were becoming increasingly classic.

Last edited:
Mary's engagement shoes are by Valentino :flowers: Love 'em!

Do hats count??
I was wondering who designs Queen Beatrix's hats.

I don't know where you could find a better photo now as that was taken while attending a wedding with Frederik when they were dating. I do think that she wore the top again at a pre-wedding dinner or some evening event before her wedding but it is all so long ago now I can't be sure. :flowers:

I am looking for a better picture of this outfit - I hope someone can help :flowers:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/malthc/Denmark/TummyShot2002.jpg?t=1185399043

I am sure Mary would love to get her hands on this photo and burn it. Like it was said, she wore this while they were still dating. She has been transformed into a true elegant princess since those days.
One could wonder what Eva Sannum would look like now if she had married CP Felipe. Everyone was all over her for that blue dress she wore at Haakon's and MM wedding with open toe sandals and no hose........(but I digress)

marmi - that is ok :flowers: I will wait :whistling:

The black and white flower dress is by diane von Furstenberg

I have some more outfits I'd appreciate help with...

1. leaving hospital after Christian's birth
2. Christian's christening and 2008 new years patronages meeting
3. king carl gustaf's 60th and (identically) the recent summer cruise (day 3)
4. this event (its an old one - maybe 'little brother'??? little something anyway...)
5. the Danish service for Dagmar

Many thanks to anyone who can help me!!!

1. This is a Hugo Boss teal multi-tweed coat. It was selling on Ebay for about $350. Not sure about the black dress underneath.
3. The jacket is from Strenesse and the red dress is from Prada.

Thanks Ayvee!

Ok, now this may be an unusual way of looking at it, but I was wondering if perhaps those who follow designers/brands would be able to tell me the 5 (or so) ones which they most associate princess Mary as wearing?

I know that this is a big ask, I appreciate that, but I'm trying to research a little for my (& JessRulz!!!!) article about Mary's style, and I figured that this is one of the best places to get a feel for what people think - its the most targeted place.

I am looking for an Outfit of Princess Mary's that is similar to the silver/grey jacket and skirt with fedora/trilby hat that Princess Marie wore a few weeks ago...

From what I recall of Mary's was that her jacket was blue-ish and her skirt was white...and can someone photoshop those two images (of Mary's and Marie's) together for me...and if this outfit of Mary's doesn't exist, I truly am going insane ;)

I am looking for an Outfit of Princess Mary's that is similar to the silver/grey jacket and skirt with fedora/trilby hat that Princess Marie wore a few weeks ago...

From what I recall of Mary's was that her jacket was blue-ish and her skirt was white...and can someone photoshop those two images (of Mary's and Marie's) together for me...and if this outfit of Mary's doesn't exist, I truly am going insane ;)

The outfit you're describing on Princess Mary seems to be the one she wore for a pre-wedding event. Check May 5 Military Parade of this link:
Danish Royal Watchers: Two years ago...let the wedding festival begin!
Silver/grey jacket with a white skirt and a hat.

Princess Marie's outfit certainly reminded me of the one Princess Mary wore at this 2004 event.

I know that there is a more appropriate place for this question but I cannot find it! Does anyone know if designers or their representatives give for free or loan clothes to Princess Mary? It seems as if I have read that before.

any idea on who may have designed this gorgeous outfit for letizia?
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02Fsdml0q2eHE/610x.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm25/myforum/79319941.jpg Does anyone knows where letizia bougth this top? It doesn't seam like a Massimo Dutti top, but I will go later to the store to see more closely the new collection.

massimo dutti had some colourful blouses this summer, and i remember an article at the beginning of the palma holiday mentioning (letizia herself) that her summer designers were armand bassi and massimo dutti.

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/troonopvolgers/images/2008/06/10/mary1.jpg anyone knows where Mary's bought this babydoll black and white flowered dress?

i think this one is by marlene birger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom