Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style Part 3: July 2021 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 3 of the thread for Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2012 - June 2021 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Queen Sonja at a memorial service 10 years after the terrorist attacks on 22 July 2011 at Oslo Cathedral today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And at the national memorial ceremony at Oslo Spektrum this evening:

** Full view **

Last edited:
I just noticed the black bow on her hair a nice touch to todays funeral outfit.

Queen Sonja at the 200th anniversary of the Norwegian Church Endowment at Vestre Aker episcopal residence today:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen Sonja looks nice and that semi-formality is correct for these times.

Queen Sonja disembarking the Royal Yacht Norge this afternoon, August 23:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Queen Sonja attended the official opening of the new Veterinary Building at Campus Ås today, September 1:

** Full view **

Queen Sonja attended the presentation of the Anders Jahre Cultural Awards 2020 and 2021 in Oslo today, September 9:

** Pic **

Queen Sonja received the jury members of the Queen Sonja School Award today, September 30:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I know that she's "irrelevant" there, unfortunately, but why is it Harald and Haakon have to wear dress uniform and collars and Sonja pretty much shows up in ordinary clothes? Would there really be outrage if she wore something fancier?

I know that she's "irrelevant" there, unfortunately, but why is it Harald and Haakon have to wear dress uniform and collars and Sonja pretty much shows up in ordinary clothes? Would there really be outrage if she wore something fancier?
Queen Sonja was the first Queen for many years to acconmpany a King to the Opeining of Parliament so my guess is that she made her own choice for what to wear when she started to attend after the King's accession in 1991.

What might you expect Sonja to wear?

What might you expect Sonja to wear?

Long dress? Something to make it look like she is the consort and belongs with her husband and son rather than the inconspicuous observer? Sonja is plenty fashion-savvy and could have probably adjusted her own outfit by now. It feels like an unfortunate case of sticking to a "tradition" that wasn't exactly well-thought-out.

The queen has recicle her clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long dress? Something to make it look like she is the consort and belongs with her husband and son rather than the inconspicuous observer? Sonja is plenty fashion-savvy and could have probably adjusted her own outfit by now. It feels like an unfortunate case of sticking to a "tradition" that wasn't exactly well-thought-out.

I do not see anything incongrous the way the King and Queen are dressed. She is dressed formally, with a hat. It is a style of dressing that is contemperory. Not sure why she might wear a long dress for what is actually quite a simple event compared with, say, the British state opening of PArliament.

I have a question…..the European men seem to really like the dress shirts with the wide split collar. Is their a name for this style of shirt? Has it been popular in the past?

Nice picture of the Royal Family!

Queen Sonja at a gala dinner for the Members of Parliament this evening, October 28:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
A very regal look on the queen and the jewels/tiara are just perfect too.

Queen Sonja in red at an official dinner for the Norwegian Olympians and Paralympians in Tokyo this evening:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Last edited:
The queen looked really lovely in red this evening.

Back
Top Bottom