Queen Rania's Daytime Fashion Part 3: October 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Queen Rania's Daytime Fashion Part 3
The previous can be found here

Here are some important

TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Mandy, TheTruth, Glitteringtiaras & dazzling

Rania's Dior jacket in Spain is the same one Carla Sarkozy wore to meet the Pope last month. That is not the first time they have worn the same Dior outfit, but with Carla wearing it first. I wonder that Rania doesn't avoid this, given she has in the past seemed to choose designers that other royals / first ladies don't automatically choose - e.g Graeme Black, Jonathan Saunders, Rick Owens, Giambattista Valli, Bottega Veneta. I get the feeling she likes to look different to the others.

The museum outfit is by Louis Vuitton.

The evening outfit is the same as she wore to the Synergos dinner in New York.

Queen Rania has enviable access to such wonderful designers!
(Read: Very very jealous - I should be so lucky... (LOL))

Rania's Dior jacket in Spain is the same one Carla Sarkozy wore to meet the Pope last month. That is not the first time they have worn the same Dior outfit, but with Carla wearing it first. I wonder that Rania doesn't avoid this, given she has in the past seemed to choose designers that other royals / first ladies don't automatically choose - e.g Graeme Black, Jonathan Saunders, Rick Owens, Giambattista Valli, Bottega Veneta. I get the feeling she likes to look different to the others.

The museum outfit is by Louis Vuitton.

The evening outfit is the same as she wore to the Synergos dinner in New York.

Thank you Chelsea for the interesting information.

I really liked the outfit Rania wore to the Arabic House but whilst I liked the bag I hated the huge Prada logo on it. Personally I find it very tacky when people sport large insignias and Prada always splashes their tacky design on their products.

I agree with you, Little Star. I really don't like it on clothing or shoes. It just looks ridiculous, IMO. Somehow, I don't mind it as much on bags (not sure why I feel that way). I always find it a bit disappointing to see royals in clothing with large logos.

Conspicuous consumption. I really hate it on clothes. I dont mind a key characteristic (e.g. the red shoe soles) but I dont like labels on clothes. With bags something small and classy is fine by me.

Oohh...the red soles! That is another story. I really don't mind (actually, I love) the red soles. I just feel that royals should be above the need to wear clothing or items with large labels on them.

i quit like her arrival outfit very elgant combination between grey and purpule,the bag is too big tought it's grey but don't suit the look at all.
her outfit from Arab house is ok,buti just have enough of this look on Rania.

Oohh...the red soles! That is another story. I really don't mind (actually, I love) the red soles. I just feel that royals should be above the need to wear clothing or items with large labels on them.
I quite agree, and like you I do love Louboutin shoes, the red soles give them away and therefore, we all definately know they were expensive. I've never been a big fan of labels on anything, I suppose that is my reason for not purchasing brands like Coach that have their insignia all over them.

Oct 20, 2008 - Rania in a printed dress which looks like wearing a shirt/t-shirt under it. I quite like the look and the dress.

Close Up -- Full View and in this picture you can see the back of the dress. Comes up to the mid back.

the dress is by Louis Vuitton or Marc Jacobs. I remember seeing it a month or two ago in a more revealing version. The bag is another Zagliani one

the dress Rania wore to arrive in Chile is the Bottega Veneta dress she wore in New York

Sorry but why is she wearing t-shirt under that beautiful dress? It is the same one I saw and she has ruined it in my opinion. If it is too revealing, is it not better just to wear something more appropriate?

for sur she looks beautiful,but i join chelsea's opinion i think what she is wearing under the dress is not elegant at all,i have no idea why she is wearing it the dress is so beautiful without this addition.

for sur she looks beautiful,but i join chelsea's opinion i think what she is wearing under the dress is not elegant at all,i have no idea why she is wearing it the dress is so beautiful without this addition.

She wore it becasue the dress itself is too revealing. Look at the back view picture, the dress is quite low and quite open at the front. A jacket wouldnt have covered it up nicely nor would have looked good.

ok dazzling thanks for the explanation:flowers:
but i still think this the under T-shirt don't suit the lovely dress and make it not elagant.

I am not keen on the new noisy dress of Queen Rania. There is too much going on: black colour, pattern in the form of leaves of various colour (grey, blue, beige, and dark blueish-grey), a new interpretation of the neckline (effect of layering ... I believe), and usual belt.

The dress is beautiful, but I don't like it with the belt ad grey t-shirt.

I like this dress, but the print is a bit busy. The shape is very nice.

Thank´s Chelsea!

Chile:
http://i33.tinypic.com/2cnfj4o.jpg
The new dress is beautiful.

Retro is definitely in ! This dress reminds me of the dress worn by Grace Kelly on her first meeting with Prince Rainier in the Monaco palace. It had not been her first choice but it is the dress that stayed imprinted in everybody's mind. It is also a bit reminiscent of some dresses Grace Kelly wore in some of her films.

Personally, I prefer a less busy print but the form suits her and I actually like the collar. It gives the dress its originality.

Thank for this information, it suited Rania very much though it seems to be a difficult to wear dress, very tight or something like this, it was perfect on Rania.
Has anybody photos of QR in Chile wearing a leather blue jacket? I saw it in a video which was posted but I didn't find any photos.

Oct 21, 2008 - In a brownish suit worn recently in America. Worn here with a wide dark red bow belt. I like this suit this time round, maybe because of the belt that adds alot to this look.

Pic 1 -- Pic 2

I feel the opposite. I like the YSL suit, hate the belt with it. Don't like the belt altogether

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom