Queen Paola's Fashion and Style Part 2: December 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a huge fan of this outfit - to me it would be a "stereotypical grandma outfit" but whatever Paola feels comfortable in on this visit, as I can imagine a lot of walking and activities were involved, so you don't want to look too fancy!

(..)
Unclosed and awful Coat , no hairdresser, little smile, awful shoes etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a huge fan of this outfit - to me it would be a "stereotypical grandma outfit" but whatever Paola feels comfortable in on this visit, as I can imagine a lot of walking and activities were involved, so you don't want to look too fancy!

The 'walking' seemed to have been undertaken only by the king and his children not that much by Albert en Paola but it seems she is a little unstable. Still you would have hoped that she had been able to find a better fitting outfit knowing that pictures would be released.

I would give Paolo plenty of room in this regard: an informal setting, clearly been isolating and no haridressers around, and frankly at this stage of her life, she probably could just not be bothered.

From the pic it looks like the weather was cloudy. Perhaps it was windy and this was the reason her hair was not perfect styled. Could also be that this was the reason she decided to take on the coat.

I would give Paolo plenty of room in this regard: an informal setting, clearly been isolating and no haridressers around, and frankly at this stage of her life, she probably could just not be bothered.

Don't think I mentioned anything about Paola's hair :ermm:

:previous: Agree.
I have to say that I don't know exactly what the weather was like there in Belgium.
If it was the same as here in the Netherlands. I also looked up a vest and I am a less old lady like Queen Paola.;)?

Queen Paola looked perfectly fine for the concert in Waterloo yesterday,one of her nicer appearances of late.

Bravo , always earrings necklace and brooches...
Perfect hairdo and make up.
For the first time she looks more frail than King Albert II.
As they are never there on 21th of July I suppose they will go to Italy!

Queen Paola during an interview session in December:

** Pic **

She came from Castle Belvedère to the royal Castle. She brought with her photograph materials and documents about Queen Elisabeth which is normal.
It is for a Secret d' Histoire , nothing to do with Queen Elisabert II

She came from Castle Belvedère to the royal Castle. She brought with her photograph materials and documents about Queen Elisabeth which is normal.
It is for a Secret d' Histoire , nothing to do with Queen Elisabert II

I experience this part as somewhat snippy :ermm:

I know the occasion for which the photo was taken, I just said that the vision of Queen Paola with her handbag reminded me a bit of Queen Elizabeth. I know the occasion itself had nothing to do with the UK's queen.

The French TV was there for the Secret d' Histoire from Stephane Bern about our Queen Elisabeth. King Albert ii was her grandson.
GD Josephine Charlotte and Jean of Luxembourg, King Baudouin and Queen Fabiolaa passed away.

Princess Esmeralda will certainly give her informations she heard from her Father.

I am sure He gave interesting infomations which were in Queen Paola big handbag.

:previous: ?? Well, I doubt this is an "formal" photo for a formal occasion.
I think they just took a picture before or afterwards.
So she just put on something that morning that she feels comfortable in.
The red bag adds a nice contrast and brightens up the ensemble, although I don't think she did it consciously.
Her glasses on the little chain around her neck also show that she has been busy with other things, I think.

(..)

Queen Paola remembering the deceased members of the Royal Family in the Royal Crypt of the Church of Notre-Dame de Laeken today, February 17:

** Pic **

I disagree , a fur Coat and a commun Longchamp pliable bag...

I thought the kings mother looked really nice couldn't see the bag,a hat might have been a nice addition.

On the occasion of a masterclass with Miguel da Silva, José van Dam and Sophie Koch, Queen Paola and King Albert visited the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel on May 19:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Back
Top Bottom