Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 4: September 2019 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 4 of the thread for Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 3: April 2017 - August 2019 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

A pity we have no photo of the dress while the Queen is standing. It reminds me a bit of her beautiful blue Armani privé gown that was worn at the pre-wedding dinner for the Hereditary Grand Duke - albeit mixed with an ice-skating costume.

Last edited:
Mathilde looks every inch the regal queen that she is. Magnificent!?

Very regal and queenly which comes naturally to Queen Mathilde.

Mathilde looks like a fairy queen here - cheesy, but true! I couldn't find another way to describe her. I hope she wears this gown again.

The gown looks beautiful. I’d love a picture of her standing up or even to see the gown in motion.
I think it’s one of her best gowns

Queen Mathilde looks really nice,great hairstyle too.

I don't like it as much as her banquet gown but I don't hate it either.

I like Stephanie's caftan gown more.;)

The evening dress was made by Natan. A nice reminder that he does produce nice work every now and then.

As I suspected yesterday the purple dress is from Armani Privé.

Source: modekoninginmathilde

Last edited:
Like the Armani except the pleats. The silver one is nice but could be fitted better to flatter her figure. Her hair and jewels make the outfits especially the long diamond earrings

I like this one. Mathilde looks lovely. However, should the King's order chain be under the jacket or is it correct on top as he wears it? As it is, it looks like a last minute oops I forgot something as he was going out the door.

Not quite the couples' night. Looks like the King's chain was not properly put.

Elegant as the dress was, I thought it was very ageing on Mathilde. Perhaps I might have a different view if I saw better pictures.

Matilde always looks regal. I like both the evening dresses, in Japan and in Luxemburgo.

Elegant as the dress was, I thought it was very ageing on Mathilde. Perhaps I might have a different view if I saw better pictures.

That happens a lot to Mathilde. She is only 46, which is not an old age by current longevity standards, but she often wears clothes that make her look older. In fact, she already did that when she was in her 3Os and very young looking.

Last edited:
Best 'in Queens' tonight.. imho...

Lovely dress, Mathilde looks very regal in it. About the color I’m undecided, on one hand it makes her look older IMO, on the other hand it looks quite elegant. Though I am a bit disappointed in not seeing a necklace or a brooch.

Lovely dress, Mathilde looks very regal in it. About the color I’m undecided, on one hand it makes her look older IMO, on the other hand it looks quite elegant. Though I am a bit disappointed in not seeing a necklace or a brooch.

Yes, it is disappointing and a little sad that Mathilde doesn’t wear even the little jewelry she has, but then again , we never know which items she actually owns and which ones are loans.

I understand the Belgians have this concept of a frugal, scaled-down monarchy , but Mathilde’s minimal collection is barely enough to maintain the royal dignity.

Queen Mathilde is the best dressed queen tonight but the colour makes Mathilde look a little washed out.

safe but boring, I preferred the daytime dress to this gold dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom