Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2015 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 1: July 2013 - September 2015 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

The skeptics who argued that the Wolfers tiara wouldn't look good on Mathilde have been proven wrong !

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the dress - the colour and the draping, the jewellery is wonderful but I'm really not keen on her hair brushed back off her face like that. Oh well, minor quibble...

Queen Mathilde looked perfect. A hue of the pink colour is magnificent.

Isn't this the gown she wore to Frederik and Mary's wedding in 2004? Love the tiara!

The pink gown is amazingly beautiful! I love the dusty rose color and the timeless simplicity. One of my favorite dresses she's worn.

Lovely dress and great hair very on trend

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

What i can say? Queen Mathilde she was magnificent . The dress beautiful and of cource the new tiara stole all the eyes. (Ours certainly) :flowers:

The pink gown is lovely and its a lovely fabric which falls very nicely. The added jewelry was a great match.

Queen Mathilde looked radiant in that pink dress, beautifully fitting and stunning jewels.

Queen Mathilde looking great in red at a recital by an ensemble of the National Orchestra of Belgium in Warsaw, Poland this evening, October 14:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

She looks so good in just off the shoulder and sleeveless. Just the best!

The red dress is exquisite. She looks wonderful.

The red dress has got to be one of my favorites on her. She looks great in boat, or portrait necklines. Hairdo and jewelry perfect and I like the red shoes too

Mathilde looked stunning, Philippe was so proud, sticking his chest out when walking with her :lol:

The skeptics who argued that the Wolfers tiara wouldn't look good on Mathilde have been proven wrong !

Really...people said that? The Wolfers looks as elegant on Queen Mathilde as it did on it's previous owner the late Queen Fabiola.

She looked incredible, both in the dusky pink and that unbelievable red evening gown.

There should be a photo of Queen Mathilde under the term perfect Queen in the dictionary...she is so naturally regal and lovely;).

Last edited:
The off the shoulder suits her but the dress itself is nothing special, I don't understand the extra fabric piece on the the front. The color is great on her. Her overall was ok, nothing glam or special IMO.

Queen Mathilde looking great in red at a recital by an ensemble of the National Orchestra of Belgium in Warsaw, Poland this evening, October 14:

She is wearing yet another pair of Queen Fabiola's earrings in these photos...perfect!

My secret wish/hope that Mathilde inherited a great deal of Fabiola's magnificent jewel collection is coming true!:whistling:

Mathilde looked stunning, Philippe was so proud, sticking his chest out when walking with her :lol:
What's not to be proud of? He has a beautiful wife who is the epitome of restrained elegance. She may never be on the cutting of fashion, but that's not a bad thing. And for the magpies among us, it is in evening wear that she really shines, both in style and a little bling.

Queen Mathilde's job is to be her husband's Queen Consort and, along with him, represent their country both at home and abroad, a job which they both do with dignity and style. The ever lovely Mathilde is almost never 'off' in evening wear and her gowns are gorgeously sumptuous and flatter the female form. Strapless, off-the-shoulder, one shoulder, scooped neck, V-necked, you name it and she'll wear it with style.

What's not to be proud of? He has a beautiful wife who is the epitome of restrained elegance. She may never be on the cutting of fashion, but that's not a bad thing. And for the magpies among us, it is in evening wear that she really shines, both in style and a little bling.

Queen Mathilde's job is to be her husband's Queen Consort and, along with him, represent their country both at home and abroad, a job which they both do with dignity and style. The ever lovely Mathilde is almost never 'off' in evening wear and her gowns are gorgeously sumptuous and flatter the female form. Strapless, off-the-shoulder, one shoulder, scooped neck, V-necked, you name it and she'll wear it with style.

Agree wholeheartedly!!

Mathilde is not a fashion victim and some of her choices might be a bit too conservative or boring for some but she's effortlessly elegant no matter what she wears, she definitely rocks eveningwear tho, was born to wear it.

Agree 100%.
King Philipp he can't find better Queen Consort but the most important he can't find better partner for his life.:)

Last edited:

Queen Mathilde looking wonderful in light pink at the dinner on day 1 of the State Visit to Poland this evening, October 13:

First- I'm sorry, but I do not like this dress. Never have. Can't say what I don't like. But one thing is that it is very 1980's- to me. But that's not the main thing. Just never have liked it.
Second- Now we are talking!

I love Mathilde's red dress. Everything about this look is perfect - the colour of the dress, her hair, her make up...

A couple of off-topic posts that had nothing to do with Queen Mathilde's fashion choices have been removed. Thank you for your understanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom