Queen Margrethe's Fashion and Style Part 4: December 2019 - July 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Margrethe at the funeral of former court marshal Søren Haslund-Christensen today, October 30 - nice special details.

** Full view ** Upper Part **

Queen Margrethe in royal blue receiving NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg today, November 3:

** Full view **

Queen Margrethe presented the Ebbe Munck Prize 2021 at Christiansborg Castle this afternoon, November 9:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Really lovely look on the queen tonight and the jewels too were a perfect choice.

We did see Queen Margrete and Queen Sonja with evening dresses and tiaras.
We may not compare them with Queen Maxima.
It is another Generation , older Queens but such an experience in Royal Events.
Well Done Majesties.

Last edited:
Did not think this dinner was a tiara type event.

We did not see Queen Margrete and Queen Sonja with evening dresses and tiaras.
We may not compare them with Queen Maxima.
It is another Generation , older Queens but such an experience in Royal Events.
Well Done Majesties.

I am a bit confused. Queen Elizabeth, Queen Beatrix, Queen Sofía, Queen Silvia, etc. all have worn diadems at Bellevue and indeed during black tie events. So "older" vs "younger"? What is the difference with Letizia, Mathilde or Máxima?

It is just what has been agreed about the code for the evening.

Elizabeth at Bellevue

Silvia at Bellevue

Beatrix at Bellevue

Last edited:
Looking at photos here: https://app.tt.se/bild/q=DRONNING MARGRETHE, KRONPRINS FREDERIK of the event and how everyone is dressed, personally, I think her dress with the jewels is a bit OTT within the parameters of how everyone else is dressed. The top of the dress is lovely, but it is just way too much skirt. Maybe if the skirt portion was more A line it would have been a better choice or if it had no train to it. I do like the color of the dress.

Last edited:
I think it's time to cut the pomp and some of the formality. For the royal rocks I don't know what choices the younger queens have as to how much ice they are to wear. To explain, there may be a "queen" format for state banquet dressing and the younger queens are expected to dress up in a traditional way. I think each young queen needs to choose favourite jewels and to wear those as necessary and to not be a Christmas tree. They can't please everybody and they can't win therefore.

I think it's time to cut the pomp and some of the formality. For the royal rocks I don't know what choices the younger queens have as to how much ice they are to wear. To explain, there may be a "queen" format for state banquet dressing and the younger queens are expected to dress up in a traditional way. I think each young queen needs to choose favourite jewels and to wear those as necessary and to not be a Christmas tree. They can't please everybody and they can't win therefore.

The problem is a bit that in ye olde days ladies at the Court, ladies of the aristocracy and even some ministers' spouses would wear grand jewels. That means a lot of glittering jewels in a whole banqueting hall.

Yesterday, at Bellevue, Queen Margrethe was the only one with grand jewels (Mary was absent). That makes a royal lady at a black tie event sometimes looking a bit out of tune with the rest of the attendants.

The only solution is to end the wearing of diadems at black tie events and wear colliers or something instead.

Looking at photos here: https://app.tt.se/bild/q=DRONNING MARGRETHE, KRONPRINS FREDERIK of the event and how everyone is dressed, personally, I think her dress with the jewels is a bit OTT within the parameters of how everyone else is dressed. The top of the dress is lovely, but it is just way too much skirt. Maybe if the skirt portion was more A line it would have been a better choice or if it had no train to it. I do like the color of the dress.

The thing about being Queen is that you do not need to take notice of how others dress, you just dress the way you think is correct for the occassion.

These dinners may well have been black-tie and not white tie, but in recent years, a number of Queen's have worn tiaras.

Beautiful. What the heck are those earrings? ?

Queen Margrethe attended the Parade of the Royal Life Guards and presented the "Queen's Watch" in Copenhagen this afternoon, November 17:

** Full view **

Queen Margrethe held a press conference in connection with the re-enactment of the performance "The Snow Queen" in Copenhagen today, November 24:

** Full view ** gallery **

Wearing the same outfit she handed out the Queen Margrethe II's Science Prize 2021 in Copenhagen in the afternoon:

** kongehuset gallery **

Last edited:
Queen Margrethe in light blue received the new Ambassadors of Australia, Israel, Norway, Finland and Hungary today, November 26:

** gallery **

Queen Margrethe at the premiere of „The Snow Queen“ this evening, December 1:

** Full view ** Full view **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom