Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 7: October 2021 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 7 of the thread for Queen Máxima's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2018 - October 2021 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Minus the Gremlin/Critter fuzz on the sleeves its a nice dress and appearance by the queen.

For day 1 of the state visit to Norway today, November 9, Queen Maxima wore a Jan Taminiau gala dress again:

** Pic ** October 2018 **

Some more views:

** Full view ** Full view **

Last edited:
The cape seems to be adapted. The open neckline is screaming for a necklace. I always considered the dress green but considering it is paired with sapphires it may be blue? Anyway, she looks great.

I dislike the gown. I love the style but I don't like the design.
I agree i dislike dress, even more then in UK. and i definitely don't like the dress paired with the sash..I think the brooch looks to small, a bit lost with the cape..Can I say I´m dissapointed? for me she had just two great outings with Sapphire Tiara, the inauguration and the danish state visit.

Queen Maxima is obviously tall and she wears that sheer cape really well.

I think she has just left the cape unbuttoned, and open.

It's an elegant simple ombre design - but possibly suited to a more low-key event because visually it might not be up to the level of a gala state banquet. The collar looked untidy and 'negligent' as if it had accidentally fallen open. This looked unfinished and disrupted the clean lines and look of the dress. If she wanted to not wear the cape - then just leave it in the wardrobe and find some alternative embellishment or cape-substitute! Sometimes I think she tries too hard to dress up and look glamorous so that the impression is sparkling celebrity rather than representative of Dutch royal history and authority. I worry that she over-emphasises showbusiness 'attractiveness' and there is a risk the three princesses become focused on clothes instead of their constitutional destiny. (Diana made the celebrity fashion mistake a lot). The Stuart tiara was an extraordinarily powerful statement and it just worked with this same dress in London. In Oslo the combination looks a little second hand. The solution they should have aimed for was to remove the cape for some creative alternative. And Maxima should have worn a bold necklace - too much bare neck.

Last edited:
It's an elegant simple ombre design - but possibly suited to a more low-key event because visually it might not be up to the level of a gala state banquet. The collar looked untidy and 'negligent' as if it had accidentally fallen open. This looked unfinished and disrupted the clean lines and look of the dress. If she wanted to not wear the cape - then just leave it in the wardrobe and find some alternative embellishment or cape-substitute! Sometimes I think she tries too hard to dress up and look glamorous so that the impression is sparkling celebrity rather than representative of Dutch royal history and authority. I worry that she over-emphasises showbusiness 'attractiveness' and there is a risk the three princesses become focused on clothes instead of their constitutional destiny. (Diana made the celebrity fashion mistake a lot). The Stuart tiara was an extraordinarily powerful statement and it just worked with this same dress in London. In Oslo the combination looks a little second hand. The solution they should have aimed for was to remove the cape for some creative alternative. And Maxima should have worn a bold necklace - too much bare neck.

I do like the sheer cape, and I think it adds a degree of theatre to the dress. However, in this case, the cape was designed to be buttoned up, and leaving it open did leave the neckline of the cape looking odd.

I though the queen looked splendid last night and I didn't mind the cape with the gown in all a winning and very polished look on Queen Máxima!

I though the queen looked splendid last night and I didn't mind the cape with

the gown in all a winning and very polished look on Queen Máxima!

I agree An Ard, she looked Polished.

I love it, she looks stunning! The cape it is incredible how stay on her nexk, I gues has some kind of stick? I love it

Wow. This is a beautiful dress. She looks stunning.

I even like the sheer cape.

My idea was that the Queen planned to remove the cape after seating, but by hindsight, with a window behind her and in chilly Oslo, decided to keep it around her shoulders.

The open cape actually gave a look on the magnifecent gown with the masterful colour scheme and the extensive beads worked on her bodice.

The collier was not worn, the corsage de devant was not worn, classic brooches from this set were not worn. But if she did: unsoubtedly there would have been posters naming her "Bling Bling Queen".

She made a quite polished appearance in a calm gown in autumnal colours. For so far she had only worn repeats so the label of fashion victim is not really in place here.

Interesting gown on Queen Maxima! At least with this state visit we are seeing glamour and bling!

Not that enamored by this evenings gown and would be far nicer with out the large cigarette burns like circles on it.

The colour is however lovely.

Interesting is a rather diplomatic word for it ;). I can think of a few other explatives to describe this swiss cheese horror.

Not Natan at least but Claes Iversen, so the quality of the craftmanship is unquestionable.

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/mode-maxima-mode-algemeen/staatsbezoek-noorwegen-contraprestatie

The model wears something under the holes, the queen hopefully does too as it must be cold in Norway. No idea why such a dress was not left for some actress instead of being used by the Queen.

No jewels at all it seems, which is for the best considering they would get lost in the absurd design. At least the hair looks great.

Last edited:
With the gown worn by Queen Maxima on the evening of Wednesday, November 10th, 2021, in Oslo, I just groan. Queen Maxima is a pretty woman with a good figure and good posture and then she turns up in something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an urgent homesickness to the days of Queen Beatrix... At least she kept dignity and decorum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may not be a fan of the dress, but I do not think either dignity or decorum have been compromised in any way.

Thank you for saying that! Disliking the dress is fine. But, that comment was bordering on slut shaming Queen Maxima.

I may not be a fan of the dress, but I do not think either dignity or decorum have been compromised in any way.

I am talking about royal dignity and decorum. This was nowhere to be detected tonight. In all books about Queen Beatrix the word dignitas is a constante. In Beatrix' opinion a kingship, which simply is mainly ceremonial and protocollary by nature in modern days, can only function with respect to dignity, decorum, distance.

And I wholeheartedly agree with that opinion of my old Queen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom