Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 7: October 2021 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but for me the dress, Tiara, and hairstyle does not work.. so much is going on on the dress, a simple updo would be much better..Its nice to see the Aquamarine Tiara again.
Agree and perhaps it would have worked better with a simple updo indeed!

The gown doesn't work and the lighting could have been better for this photo. I wish Her Majesty would change her lovely hair to a much lighter blonde which I believe suits her better.

The dress has already a lot of things going on, with the drapery effect, the oversized sleeves, the different colours, the weird folds around the neck area, the lack of support below, the shiny fabric etc. The last thing it needs is 'more'. I think it would have looked better without the sash and jewels. This style of dress is better suited for a more informal event but as it is I am not enarmoured by the combination.

Last edited:
Ugh..noWhy so much gray for a country as rich and colorful like India?

Furthermore she has many beautiful saris and Indian inspired outfits.

She should have worn one of these beautiful dresses!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbcwuOLs1kL/?utm_medium=copy_link

Much as I agree with your sentiment, of the 3 images on the link, 2 were worn when W-A and Max visited India a few years ago, so were unlikely to get repeated.

Much as I agree with your sentiment, of the 3 images on the link, 2 were worn when W-A and Max visited India a few years ago, so were unlikely to get repeated.
She could've worn the unrepeated dress moreover so what if it was repeated. This Luisa Beccaria dress was first worn at a major state occasion in the Netherlands a few years ago and yet she wore it last night.

Queen Maxima in red on the final day of the state visit from India this evening, April 6:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
The Ladies both look very pretty. I love the red dress!

I'm some photos it looks like wide leg pants that Maxima is wearing. I hope it's a evening gown.:ermm:

From the waist up it is very elegant...perfect.

She could've worn the unrepeated dress moreover so what if it was repeated. This Luisa Beccaria dress was first worn at a major state occasion in the Netherlands a few years ago and yet she wore it last night.

In royal cirlces typically if clothes are worn when visiting a country in the recent past, they tend not to get repeated when the very same President and his wife visit your country. Maxima wore the pink embroidered sari-style dress in New Delhi at the state banquet hosted by President and Mrs Kovind, so it would be unusual for he to wear the same gown when hosting them at the Royal Palace. Perhaps she could wear it anothe rstate banquet or formal event.

Last edited:
A bit underwhelming for me. Dress is not the best choice and the pantsuit ... the hair remains an issue, the darker colouring doesnt do Maxima any favours.
WA looks kind of scruffy.

A dolman sleeve, in velvet, is not a good look for Maxima.

From the small images on the picture-page I thought she was wearing the peacock necklace. But zooming in it seems to be a modern piece. A disappointing look.

She wore the dress before, in the Cabo Verde. What a difference the hairdo makes:
https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/maxima-draagt-raadselachtig-collier-maastricht

It has been repeats for the most part lately, HM must be saving up for a rainy day.

The dress is by a brand named Zeus+Dione. The brand seems to be from Greece.

The necklace: the website it is unsure if it is paste or if the queen is using a necklace of grey pearls, diamonds and rubies. I imagine the first is the case.

Last edited:
Queen Maxima could have saved the look by doing something with her hair which is a complete mess.

I only like the color.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a no for me. We're it not for the cut outs in the sleeve the dress would be perfect for winter. Except it is not winter but Spring!!!

Queen Maxima…the Queen who takes a dare in clothing designs! Its not a bad dress, but i would like to see the fabric in another dress design. I like the coloring on Maxima a lot. Does anyone know who the designer is? Maybe the Queen is trying to help out her countryman? Just a guess. It’s no worse then some ladies who go for the puffy short sleeves, or strange hats. Lets see what the Queen wears next!

Queen Maxima…the Queen who takes a dare in clothing designs! Its not a bad dress, but i would like to see the fabric in another dress design. I like the coloring on Maxima a lot. Does anyone know who the designer is? Maybe the Queen is trying to help out her countryman? Just a guess. It’s no worse then some ladies who go for the puffy short sleeves, or strange hats. Lets see what the Queen wears next!

It seems to be a Greek design: https://www.zeusndione.com/en

It looks more like a curtain than a dress to me. Terrible look, dress & hair.

Asides from the critter fuzz its a very polished look on Queen Maxima and this sort of hairstyle really suits Queen Maxima the best.

Last edited:
A truly ugly dress. The earrings and hairstyle are wonderful

I like the dress alot on Queen Maxima. I am not overly fond of the feather cuffs, however, I think most of the Royals try to help the designers out by wearing their creations. I can see in the future the feathers being discreetly removed

I like the dress alot on Queen Maxima. I am not overly fond of the feather cuffs, however, I think most of the Royals try to help the designers out by wearing their creations. I can see in the future the feathers being discreetly removed

I have to agree with you: it is a great dress. I am not a massive fan of the furry cuffs, but then, Maxima has the personality to carry them off, so I think she just about gets away with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom