Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to part 2 of Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion!

The previous thread can be found here:

** Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 1: April 2013 - June 2013 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Honestly, Maxima is one of my favourites, and I really enjoy her style! The turbans I may not be too keen on, but they hide the straggly hair she used to have hanging on her shoulders, so I'm all in favour of more turbans to come!

I really don't mind Max's turbans since she styles her hair so nicely in front. And if it disguises a bad hair day, I'd rather see a turban than straggly, unkempt hair. As long as she doesn't wear beige that blends in too much with her hair, I don't mind seeing her mixing up her headgear.

A colourful Queen Máxima opened the Máximapark in Utrecht today, July 5th - at first I've thought it was too much, but the more I looked at the outfit the more I liked it - it's a summer fun look:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Im very undecided about the dress. She looks good in it though. Its a nice summer look and its colorful.

I like the dress, not sure about the hat.

Awful dress, she looks silly.

Awful, looks like something from a circus act. IMO this woman has no sense of style or propriety. I'm looking forward to Queen Mathilde - a true aristocratic lady , she will leave all the other commoner wannabees in the shade !!

Did no one warn her she was going to ride a bike? That photo of her trying to ride with her knees together is awful.

Rainbow Max! I give her credit for wearing what she wants to wear and really enjoying it. It is a source of her beauty.

And I love those earrings, even if they are a bit dated. I think classic shapes always look good.

Awful dress, she looks silly.

Awful dress and awful hat. She needs to have a work with her staff -- someone should have told her that a bicycle ride was involved and she could have worn pants. Oops! :whistling:

Awful, looks like something from a circus act. IMO this woman has no sense of style or propriety. I'm looking forward to Queen Mathilde - a true aristocratic lady , she will leave all the other commoner wannabees in the shade !!

Propriety? There is nothing wrong with wearing a dress and riding a bike. This is a usual sight in the Netherlands. i can understand that some people might think it is not a good idea, but a personal attack on Maxima is over reacting IMO.

i dont like the different colours on the dress, although I like the style of it.

she has, IMO, lost the plot on her hats :sad:

Um, just a reminder that Mathilde and Maxima wear A LOT from the same fashion house (Natan).
These two women have very different personalities and therefore express themselves differently through their clothes, neither is better than the other and they will both be Queens of their respective countries.

Nope, this look is just too bizarre for me with that hat and color blocks. And I have no objection against ladies wearing dresses and riding bikes as long as the skirt is loose and flowing enough to fall below the knees to prevent peek-a-boo with your undergarments while cycling. Perhaps Maxima should have considered that style if she was expected to ride a bicycle.

Back to the drawing board, Maxima!

Last edited:
I think the outfit is horrible! Just too much.

Too hard to ride a bike with that dress on andworrying about somebody taking a compromising photo.
Your clothes should make you feel confident, this was a mistake on somebody's part.
Don't like the earrings.

This whole look looks just plain silly, imho. It appears that she ran out of colors when it came to her accessories! Not even her pretty smile can make up for that ridiculous hat. Sorry Queen Max, but you blew it big time.

I think the dress looks summerly and fun. I just don't like the hat, and is she holding gloves in the second picture? :huh:

Um, just a reminder that Mathilde and Maxima wear A LOT from the same fashion house (Natan).
These two women have very different personalities and therefore express themselves differently through their clothes, neither is better than the other and they will both be Queens of their respective countries.

If you read it again, you will see that I did not say she was BETTER. I said she was ARISTOCRATIC, which she is and IMO a more fitting Queen.
And yes, while they may both wear the same house at times, I do not think Mathilde would appear in something as hideous as this. IMO.

I think the dress is ill fitted but I must say it is very maxima, colourfull and fun, I like that hat but may be not with this dress, but like always shoes, hat, handbag and gloves all matching! wow how she does that???? even the gloves!!!! I know you can buy matching gloves in Denmark, I saw in the main walking street the store that make the gloves for the Queen and I guess for Mary too, what about the Netherlands? here in the US I never saw one!

Last edited:
If you read it again, you will see that I did not say she was BETTER. I said she was ARISTOCRATIC, which she is and IMO a more fitting Queen.
And yes, while they may both wear the same house at times, I do not think Mathilde would appear in something as hideous as this. IMO.

This is a fashion thread. If you want to discuss that aristocrats make better queen consorts than commoners, start the discussion on a new thread.

I said earlier that I liked the style, but I must admit the fun colours are growing on me. but I still hate the hat.

She should keep the dress for her holidays in Greece IMO, but not for an official event.

Queen Maxima looks awkward. The crumpled dress and an odd hat made her appear sloppy.

I think the dress is ill fitted but I must say it is very maxima, colourfull and fun, I like that hat but may be not with this dress, but like always shoes, hat, handbag and gloves all matching! wow hoe she does that! even the gloves!!!!

This is how I see it too! Don't like the dress much, especially the colour combination, but it's very Maxima!

Oh, no. This is not a good look. Too much is going on with that dress.

The hat is a joke isn't it ??? and the dress it doesn't fit her properly the shoes a nightmare ... and she was just doing so well.... and now this.

A colourful Queen Máxima opened the Máximapark in Utrecht today, July 5th - at first I've thought it was too much, but the more I looked at the outfit the more I liked it - it's a summer fun look:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I love this outfit very much! So young and refreshing. I hope we see more of this on maxima. I think at times she looks older than her age but this is a perfect summer look!

Max . . . .

Ohhhhhh MAX!

BOY, DID YOU TANK ON THIS ONE!

EVERYTHING bombed!

And to ADD insult to injury, you ACTUALLY got your fanny on a BICYCLE in this get-up?

May God help us all (but ESPECIALLY YOU!).

Perhaps a bit of Turban Therapy might be helpful, right about now!

Ok, ok, I looked at the Dress and really tried to like it..... but I DON´T.

Even given the fact, that it is summer, even given the fact that she is opening a garden. It is too colourful, too bland, too stripey, too bad for the figure, too bad for cycling, simply toooo ugly. Maxxx, you know, I am a fan from you, but: sorry this time.
Bye Bine

The colors are badly combined on this dress. I don't know if Maxima could have saved it anyway or how. I think she tried to play the golden tone up but lets face it. Its a dress to wear with sandals to dinner on holiday. I hoped she didn't pay much for it!

I can't with this dress it is just ugly and the hat doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom