Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 19: June 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 19 of the thread for Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 18: July 2021 - June 2022 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Oh she needed better undergarments for this look

The outfit is fine minus the earrings and the hair looks 'half done' ;)

For day time engagements, I think with Maxima you often have to look thorugh the hair, and the costume jewellery, some of which can be an acquired taste. ?

The dress is by the French-Chinese/American designer (Joseph) Altuzarra (source:modekonininmaxima). A first for the Queen I think.

It would have looked lovely in the garden, where the photoshoot was intended and it fits well and enhances her figure in a way that Natan outfits seldom do.

The queen looks lovely in red and one of Nathan's better designs.

You can always tell it is his as the sleeves are not put in right and restricted

I have seen posts on twitter comparing the outfit of the queen to a monthy python sketch of the spanish inquisition in simular red robes. But I like the outfit and I always like to see the queen in big hats.

Last edited:
I have seen posts on twitter comparing the outfit of the queen to a monthy python sketch of the spanish inquisition in simular red robes. But I like the outfit and I always like to see the queen in big hats.

...Big hats and big jewels......!!No equal

The whole look is too much for me. Had the outfit been more streamlined the hat would have worked but the big hat and cape together are overwhelming.

Very very chic and elegant for a State Visit!!

The queen looks nice but the outfit looks more suited to an Arrival Ceremony than Day2.

Nice look minus the leather gloves which do nothing and a softer coloured pair would have looked better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to organize a big bonfire and burn all fascinators.
What a horrorful things. Away with them! Seldom a lady looks good with such a silly thing. Last week we saw poor Elisabeth of Belgium with a fascinator as well. It did nothing for her.

Then I would organize another bonfire and burn sunglasses. I really dislike royal ladies in formal gear with hat and then sunglasses. (Princess Anne even wears sports sunglasses...). Away with them! Use a wide brimmed hat to give shade to the eyes.

Then I would organize another bonfire and burn sunglasses. I really dislike royal ladies in formal gear with hat and then sunglasses. (Princess Anne even wears sports sunglasses...). Away with them! Use a wide brimmed hat to give shade to the eyes.

Some of us are very light-sensitive and need actual sunglasses, especially as we age - I'm one of them. And of course, a hat with a brim wide enough and placed to actually shade the eyes can make it difficult to see a person's face and can be an issue in the wind. Just sayin.':cool:

I would like to organize a big bonfire and burn all fascinators.
What a horrorful things. Away with them! Seldom a lady looks good with such a silly thing. Last week we saw poor Elisabeth of Belgium with a fascinator as well. It did nothing for her.

"Poor Elisabeth" looked wonderful and the epitome of princess-y. And if I don't have sunglasses in bright sun I am squinting and/or shading my eyes the whole time. They are more convenient and less conspicuous then a giant hat, which I also possess. Opinions truly do vary.

The fact you didn't choose 4 or 5-inch spike or stiletto heels as the first thing for your bonfire of the vanities says quite a lot.

"Poor Elisabeth" looked wonderful and the epitome of princess-y. And if I don't have sunglasses in bright sun I am squinting and/or shading my eyes the whole time. They are more convenient and less conspicuous then a giant hat, which I also possess. Opinions truly do vary.

The fact you didn't choose 4 or 5-inch spike or stiletto heels as the first thing for your bonfire of the vanities says quite a lot.

Poor Elisabeth looked horrorful with those strings of hair topped by an UFO. With the hair up or with a brimmed hat it would have been nice. My bonfire of fascinators remain.

And these horrors for which Máxima paid unbelievable amounts are the first to go in a ritual burning party.

I would throw all Maxima’s open toe sandals on your bonfire ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom