Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 19: June 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is queen Maxima of the Netherlands personal choice of appearance, everybody has their own choice with clothes, others might like it, other might have a completely different view of fashion, just remember, not everybody have the same taste in dressing up, get used to it.
All of us have our own tastes in dressing up. We may like it or not, and that's what a fashion thread is for - to discuss fashion/clothes worn by royals. Let's just take it in a light-hearted way:flowers:

I was going to say it's typical Maxima but then I thought no, it's much too frumpy and dreary a colour and the bulky wrap thingie looks like it's trying to strangle her. Definitely not a winner from my point of view and strangely, not something that I would have expected her to wear.

Good Lord too much yellow all together and its not even a nice suit!

Queen Máxima meeting European Commissioner and Executive Vice-President of the European Commission Margrethe Vestager in Brussels today, September 28:

** Pic **

Queen Máxima meeting European Commissioner and Executive Vice-President of the European Commission Margrethe Vestager in Brussels today, September 28:

** Pic **

Thats a nicer suit than yesterday and appropriate for the meeting. Can’t tell if she is wearing a turtle neck jumper with necklace or a jumper with zipped neck.

Not bad but such a shame the hair was left looking messy :previous:

Its not a very flattering outfit and the material makes the top look creased.

The photos outside looked fine. The hair even looks in order but in the last photo the ensemble seems somewhat more messy. Interesting what a difference lighting can make.

Queen Máxima opened the Sibos 22 conference "Progressive finance for a changing world" in Amsterdam today, October 10:

** gallery **

What a difference a hairstyle can make to an overall appearance and this is proof,the queen looks professional.

What a difference a hairstyle can make to an overall appearance and this is proof,the queen looks professional.

Doesn’t it just! I sometimes think neater hair always comes about just before state visits. Maybe the hairdresser has trial runs with various hats n tiaras?

Is it a coat or a cape I can't really make it out .The colours all work well together.

Is it a coat or a cape I can't really make it out .The colours all work well together.

Whatever it is, she shouldn't have taken it off. The color of the dress is pretty and elegant, but the fabric, the sleeves, the tie at the waist and the flared skirt are too much and make she look bigger.

Oh Good Lord thankfully the coat/cape covered it,but that dress is simply dreadful.

Understated elegance has never been Queen Máxima's style and today is no exception. There are so many things going on in this outfit. A pity because normally HM dresses well during state visits. It has all the signs of Natan: bad fit, wrinkled, heavy fabric, terrible seams, dowdy, odd shapes and added fabric.

Last edited:
There are simply no words for this mess. Fingers crossed that she pulled out all the stops for tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
I could have liked the top half with a sleek skirt, but the bottom half is much too busy.

I also didn't like the suede pumps with the fabric of the dress.

A lovely colour and minus those sleeves its a really nice look today.

:previous:

She has worn it often enough with these sleeves, she could finally let it be altered and it could be the perfect dress..;)

Look number two today:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Without the hairband it would be fine. A surprisingly simple outfit for a state visit. The hairband just makes it look strange. I am not quite sure if the ton-sur-ton actually works with these particular colours, though I norally quite like it. The colours themselves look great on the Queen - as these kind of colours always do on her.

Last edited:
Could the hairband include some Swedish embroidery? It's a bit of a strange choice if not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom