Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 18: July 2021 - June 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 18 of the thread for Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 17: June 2020 - July 2021 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Notmally the queen choses nice outfits during state visits. What a pity, especially as she is visiting our neighbours. The outfit is -of course- by Natan.

Last edited:
Notmally the queen choses nice outfits during state visits. What a pity, especially as she is visiting our neighbours. The outfit is -of course- by Natan.

I think the outfit is fine, just not as "special" as she can make it for a state visit.

The outfit is fine bar the cardigan worn as a cape that looks unprofessional for a State Visit .

I really love the face mask also.

The outfit is fine bar the cardigan worn as a cape that looks unprofessional for a State Visit .

Probably HM expected warmer weather and choose to use the cardigan as cape because of it.

A shawl in one of the colours on the dress would have been nicer than the cardigan.
But I like the dress. You wouldn't think it is Natan, which designs I really dislike.

I'm sure they would have checked the weather forecast before hand and could have had a rain coat or shawl instead of the cardigan which looked silly.

I really love the face mask also.

Nothing a smart cropped jacket could not have solved.

Dress without leaves and a cardigan are not State Visit Clothes.

Some information from Josine Droogendijk's modekoninginmaxima: the dress was painted by the Argentinian Pablo Piatti. He left Argentina for Europe when he was 20 years old and he has collaborated with Natan.

The hat was not by Fabienne Delvigne but perhaps made by the seamstress of HM. The queen these days often prefers small pillboxes for such visits. The pattern was cut and sown onto the hat.

:previous:

The hat is too much, it was fun for the races where there's a special attention for spectacular hats, but here it looks too extravagant.

It may be a bit distracting for this visit, even though it is a nice and whimsical hat. If we are lucky we will get to see the chancellor roling her eyes at it, as they are meeting her today I think.

Last edited:
:previous:

The hat is too much, it was fun for the races where there's a special attention for spectacular hats, but here it looks too extravagant.

Point on with your comment ! fun but save it for the Races. lol

Wasn't a fan of this hat back in Royal Ascot, but there were a lot of weird hats at that event, so it didn't stand out that much.

This time, however, it looks messy and kinda ridiculous...IMO

Dramatic and glamorous- she’s a queen, not a chancellor.

Wasn't a fan of this hat back in Royal Ascot, but there were a lot of weird hats at that event, so it didn't stand out that much.

This time, however, it looks messy and kinda ridiculous...IMO

I have to agree with you, I thought the hat was OTT for the Royal Enclosure at Ascot, and certainly so for today.

Minus the hat the queen looked very polished and what a really lovely hairstyle too.

Oh dear, that hat!

Her hair does look lovely. I agree with others that the hat is OTT particularly since if she turns to her left I can’t see her face. I like the concept a lot but maybe toned down a bit.:flowers:

When I first looked at it I thought I was on the wrong page, I couldn’t see her face. It looks like a chicken has taken over her head. The dress by that dreadful designer ensures a poor fit throughout the shoulders which drives me crazy. Really too dramatic for a day visit. However I forgive her because of the lovely golden pearl earrings.
I hope the old gentleman in the wheelchair she met on the stairs didn’t get too startled and lose his balance!

All in all to the point with hat and dress!!Why save it for these races?

Exactly,no need.Germany is at her feet with her personality and outfits,gone are the days of those them Pilgrim fathers and the lot and their sour look at life,this the 21st century AD,not BC...Plus,plus HM is nuestra chica latina,not a frumpy Bruxelles sprout....She s different and thank goodness for that!I love it!

Only Maxima could wear a hat like that and have it not look ludicrous (and I'm *still* trying to figure out how she walked in those high heels last night!)

Not crazy about the large hat but given the wet weather it may be a necessity,the floral dress is very lovely.

Queen Máxima has worn today's dress before - it's by Natan again:

** March 2020 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom