Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 18: July 2021 - June 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like it when she manages to do simple and elegant. I know it would be boring if she dressed like this all the time but the ill fitting dresses, massively wide trousers and bows on her shoulders can be annoying too.

Simple and elegant always suits Queen Máxima better but also a nice neat hairstyle too unlike todays mess.

:previous:

Máxima wore the Zimmermann dress again, she had first worn at this year's summer photo session:

** July 2021 **

And looks so much nicer with the ugly big belt hidden and paired with that orange shawl.

And looks so much nicer with the ugly big belt hidden and paired with that orange shawl.

With Maxima, the hairstyle, or lack thereof as can sometimes be the case, can be a key determinant of whether the whole look works or not!

Queen Máxima had a virtual meeting with Governor Tiémoko Meyliet Koné of the Central Bank of West African States today:

** Photos **

I liked it better on the model TBH, the version of the queen misses the lightness that the dress has on the Natan picture. Perhaps because the upper part is now the same colour as the lower part and the brown hat & accessories don't help either. But the outfit looks appropriate for a queen of course.

Last edited:
I liked it better on the model TBH, the version of the queen misses the lightness that the dress has on the Natan picture. Perhaps because the upper part is now the same colour as the lower part and the hat doesn't help either of course. All together it looks a bit matronly.

As worn by the model there was a certain lightness to the outfit, which is lost in the way Maxima has worn it with a similar coloured top and skirt.

I liked it better on the model TBH, the version of the queen misses the lightness that the dress has on the Natan picture. Perhaps because the upper part is now the same colour as the lower part and the brown hat & accessories don't help either. But the outfit looks appropriate for a queen of course.
I quite agree. I do like the outfit better on the model. The brown hat, for me, weighs it down quite a bit. Still a lovely outfit for the Queen. She does look nice in that shade of green.

It all actually works very well on Queen Máxima and what a difference a professional/neat hairstyle makes with the outfit.

At least its the same colour and blends in! Imagine if she’d decided to be all matchy and changed it for a massive burgundy number…

Here are several better and bigger pictures:

https://www.therealmyroyals.com/queen-maxima-and-king-willem-alexander-visit-to-salland/

Warning: Big belt alert!
Many thanks.

Thankfully the flowers hide most of it ;)

At least its the same colour and blends in! Imagine if she’d decided to be all matchy and changed it for a massive burgundy number…

Quite right. There could well have been a foot wide belt to match the hat and handbag!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is an official visit of the King to a region, so the dresscode is hats and gloves, also for the hofdames in her slipstream and the King had uniformed aides-de-camp.

Another nice appearance today by the queen,nice and neat looking.

Another nice appearance today by the queen,nice and neat looking.

Its all to do with the hair. Is it not amazing she has got us conditioned to not knowing which Maxima will show up: the gracious and elegant consort, or the professional with the unkept hair here to do serious business.

Its all to do with the hair. Is it not amazing she has got us conditioned to not knowing which Maxima will show up: the gracious and elegant consort, or the professional with the unkept hair here to do serious business.
HA! Love the way you described that!!! Honestly, I'm not sure she really knows most days which one will show up! I'm guessing she's like a lot of us and it depends on how she feels when she rolls out of bed.

HA! Love the way you described that!!! Honestly, I'm not sure she really knows most days which one will show up! I'm guessing she's like a lot of us and it depends on how she feels when she rolls out of bed.

Fair does. Its just that, as Queen, you can't have an off day really!

Fair does. Its just that, as Queen, you can't have an off day really!

Queen Máxima's styling is inconsistent at times we get a few polished appearances and hair perfectly done and then other days with a jumble sale look with out of bed/Boris Johnson hair.

Its been said by other members that its not clear if the queen has a proper day to day style team or if its only for the bigger events.

Queen Máxima's styling is inconsistent at times we get a few polished appearances and hair perfectly done and then other days with a jumble sale look with out of bed/Boris Johnson hair.

Its been said by other members that its not clear if the queen has a proper day to day style team or if its only for the bigger events.

It very much depends on the sort of activity. If she is not in her specific role as Queen but as Lady Patroness of the Orange Fund (her wedding present) or as UN representative for inclusive finances, it is almost 100% model scarecrow.

When it is about regional, formal, official and state visits, when it is about openings of buildings, museal expositions, premières, then the dresscode is upgraded.

This is a total difference with Queen Beatrix who was always dressed alike a Queen indeed. But Beatrix was the head of state, always. Máxima is "just" a Consort and that gives her the freedom to be less strict in etiquette, ceremony and protocol. The King gives her that space too. He knows from his own father that a consort needs space to break out of the royal cage. But I do not understand why brreaking with ceremonial and protocol means one needs to look like a slobby lady.

Queen Máxima inaugurated the new national super computer Snellius in Amsterdam today, September 16:

** gallery **

An atrocious & messy outfit, there is nothing good to say about & it has no redeeming qualities at all. The colour, cut, access of details and the materials certainly do not flatter the Queen. The designer can only be Natan of course - all his worst trademarks are there. IMO it is the worst outfit she has worn this year.

She has worn it before in Luxembourg during a visit to a factory, though this time she at least had mercy on us by not wearing the awful shiny & heavy satin jacket. Not that the wrinkly material of the oddly cut pantalon is any better of course. And the material of the blouse makes the lack of support in that area only more obvious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom