The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-26-2021, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Letizia looked great and judging by the other guests were neither under- or over-dressed for the dinner.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Letzia despite being a working royal since 2004 can be quite clueless with her wardrobe choices for certain event and this is a perfect example.
Seeing her wear something like this so close to Leonor's event brings up one of the things I find strange about Letizia missing the mark, fashion wise, on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes I don't like the style of Leonor and Sofia's clothes, or the colour, or I don't think something flatters one or the other, but I don't think I've ever seen them wear something outright inappropriate. And it's certainly possible to dress children inappropriately, especially girls. So on some level Letizia must understand the concept of appropriate dress, and consider it important enough to make sure her daughters adhere to it. I don't understand why she doesn't see that the same rules that apply to her daughters should apply to her.

Because I don't think Letizia wears something like this thinking it's a good fit for the occasion. I think she knows it's way off base and doesn't care.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Seeing her wear something like this so close to Leonor's event brings up one of the things I find strange about Letizia missing the mark, fashion wise, on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes I don't like the style of Leonor and Sofia's clothes, or the colour, or I don't think something flatters one or the other, but I don't think I've ever seen them wear something outright inappropriate. And it's certainly possible to dress children inappropriately, especially girls. So on some level Letizia must understand the concept of appropriate dress, and consider it important enough to make sure her daughters adhere to it. I don't understand why she doesn't see that the same rules that apply to her daughters should apply to her.

Because I don't think Letizia wears something like this thinking it's a good fit for the occasion. I think she knows it's way off base and doesn't care.

It was a scaled-down dinner in line with pandemic times. Having said that, Letizia has a very large wardrobe at her disposal, including plenty of coktail dresses. She has no shortage of jewelry either. Even if haute couture was not required for that event, she could have made a different wardrobe choice.
Old 03-26-2021, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Letizia looked great and judging by the other guests were neither under- or over-dressed for the dinner.
She could have worn a skirt or cocktail dress the entire look was less than polished and she is the queen of Spain after all on a State visit not a night out at the theatre.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:14 PM
Nobility

I´m really disappointed about Letizia's dinner look! I think its a nice look but definitely not for a dinner during a state visit. Letizia whole style always was less royal and more casual compared to other Princesses and Queens. But I think in her first 3 years as Queen she had a better balance between her casual modern and the classic royal style.

Her dinner look was very low key in every way! Yes we still have Corona but she really should wear bigger earrings or at least they should be visible IMO.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:03 PM
Nobility

I agree with the critics of the dinner outfit; the men are in suits; so, it wasn't a diamonds-galore event. But, Queen Letizia's shoulders look huge in that getup. Simply, the outfit is unflattering.
Old 03-27-2021, 01:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Absolutely non suitable for a Queen, in any occasion, and absolutely nor flattering for Letizia herself.
I don't care for the strapless if it was in a dress. But this outfit is not made for her body, neither for any occasion, except maybe for a restaurant night out in Marbella during summer holidays.
A total miss.
Old 03-27-2021, 02:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Letizia likes provocation, maybe she thought it would be a good outfit to impress the Archbishop.
Old 03-27-2021, 11:19 AM
Royal Highness

Not my cup of tea, but I do give her credit for wearing what she wants and apparently her husband, the King and quite knowledgeable about the press and critics, is perfectly OK with the look or it would not have happened. One never knows what goes on behind closed doors. Quite interesting. JMO
Old 03-27-2021, 12:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with everyone. Totally inappropriate for the occasion.
Old 03-27-2021, 01:42 PM
Gentry

I absolutely would not have picked it for this occasion, but I personally don't think Letizia was being disrespectful. She wasn't wearing jeans or shorts (items that I would qualify as disrespectful).

This is one of a few outfits that I really wish we could know Letizia's thought process because maybe she had a reason that I can't figure out. Maybe she doesn't I just don't know.
Old 03-27-2021, 02:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
I absolutely would not have picked it for this occasion, but I personally don't think Letizia was being disrespectful. She wasn't wearing jeans or shorts (items that I would qualify as disrespectful).

This is one of a few outfits that I really wish we could know Letizia's thought process because maybe she had a reason that I can't figure out. Maybe she doesn't I just don't know.
I would venture to say Her Majesty's thought process was something like "I need to be toned-down because everyone else is dressing simply and Felipe is wearing an ordinary suit, but I need to be a little bit glamorous and distinctive because I'm the visiting Queen". It's a tricky line to walk, and I imagine quite a bit of thought went into it.

I'm not saying that Letizia got it exactly right, but saying it's a disgrace, or some kind of deliberate insult or provocation, seems unfair.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Queen Letizia attended the presentation of the new corporate strategy and brand of the Fair Institution of Madrid (IFEMA) this evening and wore the same outfit for an audience today:

** Full view ** Upper Part ** Upper Part **
Old 04-13-2021, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Other than the belt, Letizia looked really nice and a good black and white combination.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Queen Letizia attended the presentation of the new corporate strategy and brand of the Fair Institution of Madrid (IFEMA) this evening and wore the same outfit for an audience today:

** Full view ** Upper Part ** Upper Part **
Herb best look in very long time