Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 6: November 2019 - July 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely would not have picked it for this occasion, but I personally don't think Letizia was being disrespectful. She wasn't wearing jeans or shorts (items that I would qualify as disrespectful).

This is one of a few outfits that I really wish we could know Letizia's thought process because maybe she had a reason that I can't figure out. Maybe she doesn't :ermm: I just don't know.

I absolutely would not have picked it for this occasion, but I personally don't think Letizia was being disrespectful. She wasn't wearing jeans or shorts (items that I would qualify as disrespectful).

This is one of a few outfits that I really wish we could know Letizia's thought process because maybe she had a reason that I can't figure out. Maybe she doesn't :ermm: I just don't know.

I would venture to say Her Majesty's thought process was something like "I need to be toned-down because everyone else is dressing simply and Felipe is wearing an ordinary suit, but I need to be a little bit glamorous and distinctive because I'm the visiting Queen". It's a tricky line to walk, and I imagine quite a bit of thought went into it.

I'm not saying that Letizia got it exactly right, but saying it's a disgrace, or some kind of deliberate insult or provocation, seems unfair.

Queen Letizia attended the presentation of the new corporate strategy and brand of the Fair Institution of Madrid (IFEMA) this evening and wore the same outfit for an audience today:

** Full view ** Upper Part ** Upper Part **

Other than the belt, Letizia looked really nice and a good black and white combination.

Nice casual look on the queen at the family outing to the Opera.

I have just noticed that in the last few appearances, her eyes look sad/unhappy/tired/lackluster ... it’s hard to know with the mask, but I am hoping she is ok.:ermm:

Heu... to me it is the usual Letizia, but then hidden behind a mask.

A rare evening wear belly flop for Letizia. She usually brings it in this department.

Queen Letizia at the dinner for the state visit from South Korea this evening, J7ne 15:

** gallery **

I don't like the shoes but the dress is great, proper hairstyle and nice earrings.

I really like the dress.

I think I would like the shoes better if they were one color- but it does look like they match the colors in her dress. I like the shoe style.

I had a feeling it would be a repeat, but I do love this dress. I actually love the shoes too, though I rarely love open-toe shoes for these types of events.

Queen Letizia at the dinner for the state visit from South Korea this evening, J7ne 15:

** gallery **

I really like this dress and I think tonight's hairstyle is a better compliment than her style the last time she wore the dress.

I love this dress, and though I like the shoes, I wished she wore a different type one-color. I don't care much about the hairstyle, yes its an updoo, but looks a bit messy (I think it was intentional).

I really like this dress. It is a "wink" to your guests. And that loose low bun is very typical of our country.
I love the shoes.
The dress code did not really give much more of itself and we knew it was going to repeat itself, but a good dress is always a joy to see it again

I really like this dress but wish it had not been so long, The shoes were beautiful sandals and, from a distance, the photos didn't show up the slim gold cross straps at the ankle that held them on. Very elegant. However, when you get closer you see that the ankle straps create a visual cutting effect at the ankle and make the dress seem dowdy. Wearing pumps, slingbacks or sandals requiring no ankle straps would have been seamlessly elegant but she didn't so it wasn't.

As to her hair. Messy buns are all the rage and they look softer and more feminine than a tight updo however, the straight, straggly bits hanging down both sides of her face need to be slightly curled wisps that look like they just came a little loose and once again give the face a softly feminine look. Unfortunately, it just looked like her hair was unfinished.

Oh NOOOO, the ugly shirt-dress is back. a horrible outfit and no hairstyle..

I liked her gold shoes, but she could have done so much better to match them to her bag.

Not great and I agree the drab hair style does nothing for Letizia even her simple Spanish bun would have been preferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom