Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 16: July 2020 - May 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

It's a new Adolfo Domínguez dress Letizia has worn today, see here.

Last edited:
Really nice fresh look on queen Letizia perfect for hot summer weather.

Yes very nice and fresh looking again today.

I like the dress but I think it's too young for Letizia but better suited for Leonor or Sofia.

So many white dresses. Good for the weather, and also for projecting an image of purity and uncontamination...

I'm really not too fond of the ruffles on Letizia. Skirt ruffles, perhaps, but these things make me want to get scissors.

Last edited:
I like the jacket,the pants is OK,it may looked better with a small heel. She seem to really like Hugo Boss.

The jacket is lovely but the pants are not.

The jacket is lovely but the pants are not.

Agreed. Love the tweed jacket. I really don’t like the pants. I don’t like the style or fit. And it just doesn’t seem to go with the jacket either.

Not a big fan of her shoes either.

The very lovely tweed jacket is a strange choice for Madrid in early September ,I don't like the pants or shoes.

:previous: I agree. Fine for a lowkey engagement or an evening out but not for this engagement Letizia is at.

The outfit itself is quite nice. She could use this outfit at an evening out, or the blouse with a skirt and pants with another top. But to this event, this outfit was not appropriate.

I see nothing wrong with the look. Its not 50 years ago when a woman had to be in a dress to be 'dressed up'. Trousers are not always casual.

She looks simple and elegant. The look is conservative and appropriate. :flowers:

I get the impression people expect her to dress like Sofia, pearls and all.

Well, it's a friend's funeral (not even that, just the "resting chapel", don't really know how you say that in English), not a State event. I see no wrong with her outfit at all, that is the way we do it here, we Spaniards tend to dress casual and more so in Summer. The rest of the guests, including the family were dressed down in pants and simple outfits. Depending on the occasion, to show up for a mourning event in Spain fancily dressed up with jewelery and hair done at the salon and so as seem to be the way in North Europe or the States, could be even considered of poor taste, me thinks. We just don't do that, nobody wants to be praised for its appearance in such occasion.

Pictures of the attendants can be seen here: https://www.hola.com/actualidad/20200904174649/xandra-falco-hermanos-entierro-jaime-carvajal/

Last edited:
I get the impression people expect her to dress like Sofia, pearls and all.

I don't see any evidence of that at all,I don't think anyone would realistically expect Letizia to dress like her mother in law.

Since you put the idea in my head I'm now trying to imagine what Letizia would look like wearing one of Sofia's Palma pajama outfits ;)

Annie S, I agree completely. People today are more casual attending a viewing or wake or visitation then even 10 years ago. Letizia was dressed respectful and in an outfit that did not call attention to herself which was proper. The entire rest of attendances wore similar outfits which must be the style of that section of the country for the event. JMO

A really nice slick and sophisticated look on queen Letiza today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom