The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2021, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Through the years I follow the SRF, I noticed that the Pasqua Militar is the occasion Letizia chooses to show sometimes that she is not at her place. Despite that the occasion apparently asks for longs skirts and official outfits, some years she appeared like a revolutionary rebel in full expression.. I remember some years with boots, Capri pants and the whole enveloped with a beige or Grey pashmina shawl, like if she went to picnic at the park.
This year, out of the shoes which are lovely, all the other outfit plus the grooming is really out of place.
You are confusing the Pascua Militar with other events of military academies. Letizia has never attended Pascua Militar with other clothes that are not the long dresses that the protocol marks, and it is the only military event with this dress code.

https://www.semana.es/casas-reales/e...105-002299648/

Old 01-06-2021, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Some previous Pasqua Militar offerings from a better dressed and styled queen Letizia.

I always prefer her hairup at these events

https://headtopics.com/es/reina-leti...litar-17854187

Old 01-06-2021, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Through the years I follow the SRF, I noticed that the Pasqua Militar is the occasion Letizia chooses to show sometimes that she is not at her place. Despite that the occasion apparently asks for longs skirts and official outfits, some years she appeared like a revolutionary rebel in full expression.. I remember some years with boots, Capri pants and the whole enveloped with a beige or Grey pashmina shawl, like if she went to picnic at the park.
This year, out of the shoes which are lovely, all the other outfit plus the grooming is really out of place.
Letizia has never worn Capri pants and boots at Pascua Militar.

I don't care for this year's look at Pascua Militar. The shawl looks way too informal. I wished she wore something more elegant for the event. And even though I wouldn't wear that white blouse, it is in fact quite interesting (it has an exquisite design).

BTW, I loved all her grey-ish blue/blue/vivid blue outfits at Pascua Militar
Old 01-06-2021, 07:56 PM
Nobility

It's a horrible outfit and Letizia does not look happy.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:17 AM
Courtier

It is quite impossible to tell a person is happy or not without seeing their expression.

The blouse is lovely. I don't mind the shawl. I hope the skirt is either looser or tighter. An updos or even a simple ponytail is needed.

I get the notion that she wants to dress a bit more lowkey due to the pandemic, but this outfits come across a bit casual. She has a couple of simple long black gowns which may be a better option (the one she wore with Fleur de Lys?).
Old 01-07-2021, 02:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Wearing a long black gown to a day time event would defeat the purpose of a 'paired down' look due to the pandemic. Now if it was a formal evening event, a simple black gown would indeed be a paired down look.

I love the shall. Its beautiful. And it gives an extra look of sophistication outdoors to the look. Makes it look a bit more formal for that part.

I quite like the blouse and design of it.

My big complaint is the hairdo, or lack there of. An updo is needed here.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Letizia at the Pascua Militar today, January 6, wearing a Maksu blouse:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Full view ** Upper part ** Blouse **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Outfit is pretty low key and doesn't do the event justice, Letizia has much nicer outfits in the closet that could have been recycled.

And the hair, sigh. Putting your hair up doesn't cost any money but makes a much better look.
I agree with you about the hair, it's long and dark and drags her face down and hangs down over the rather different neckline of the short black cape (which I really like) which in turn drags down over a non-descript long black skirt. The effect minus the cape is no improvement at all. I like her shoes but all in all a dreary, drab, funereal ensemble which, judging by the gorgeous red of the only other lady present, was not the order of the day.

However, there are worse things than drab and dreary:

https://s.libertaddigital.com/2020/0...ilitar-int.jpg

Even the updo was a messy concoction.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I think this year the Queen choose an understated and muted outfit for Pascua Military - especially considering the events of 2020 and the death toll in Spain from Covid 19 I think the Queen choose a fitting option

Old 01-07-2021, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Spanish Defence minister Margarita Robles very easily outshone the queen yesterday in her very lovely red. Had Letizia had an updo it might have looked a little less drab.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.p...-2021%20Madrid
Old 01-08-2021, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
It is quite impossible to tell a person is happy or not without seeing their expression.

The blouse is lovely. I don't mind the shawl. I hope the skirt is either looser or tighter. An updos or even a simple ponytail is needed.

I get the notion that she wants to dress a bit more lowkey due to the pandemic, but this outfits come across a bit casual. She has a couple of simple long black gowns which may be a better option (the one she wore with Fleur de Lys?).
No clue if she's happy or not but you can tell a lot by the expression in someone's eyes.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

A beautiful look from Letizia.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Queen Letizia paid a working visit to the Fundación Telefónica Management Committee today, January 21, wearing her black COS dress again:

** Full view ** February 2020 **
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Bit drab it needed a beaded necklace/better earrings or a lighter coloured top to lift the dark look.