The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's a pretty dress, but seems wrong for something as important as National Day. It doesn't stand up well next to Felipe's uniform. I also don't like Letizia's hair, which looks bundled up at the last minute.

I'd like to see this dress again, for a garden party, or a spring time event.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
I don't like the pink ND dress. I personally don't think these overly girly styles suit Letizia's personality. She looks better in more tailored styles. I also think the color is an odd choice for October. Baby pink just doesn't strike me as an autumn color. She needs to trash the cheap looking plastic shoes.
Probably a stretch, but could the color choice be associated with breast cancer awareness month ?

Old 10-12-2019, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I don't like the design of this dress and Letizia hairstyle looks a little messy which is a pity on National Day.
Not to mention the shoes with the plastic strap again
Old 10-12-2019, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

The dress might be nice on someone else, but it doesnt suit her. Its way too feminine and girly. It doesnt fit Letizia's usual style.

I don't mind pink in October. I guess maybe because I have never been a stickler for fall colors. And it is the breast cancer color.

I cant even imagine Letizia in a hat. And it's not expected of the Spanish royal women, not just her. But she needed a better hair style.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The dress might be nice on someone else, but it doesnt suit her. Its way too feminine and girly. It doesnt fit Letizia's usual style.

I don't mind pink in October. I guess maybe because I have never been a stickler for fall colors. And it is the breast cancer color.

I cant even imagine Letizia in a hat. And it's not expected of the Spanish royal women, not just her. But she needed a better hair style.
Sha has worn hats. The latest was with Queen Maxima at Windsor: https://i0.gmx.at/image/206/33794206,pd=1/royals.jpg
Old 10-12-2019, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Sha has worn hats. The latest was with Queen Maxima at Windsor: https://i0.gmx.at/image/206/33794206,pd=1/royals.jpg

As has Queen Sofa, but only overseas. They don't normally wear hats inside Spain, not even for state visit welcome ceremonies.

In the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, etc. , hats would be standard for a daytime military event like that.

Mexican visit

https://youtu.be/9EXGuptWzMs?t=5

Portuguese state visit

https://youtu.be/OakvsQrVfag?t=88

Argentinian state visit

https://youtu.be/5JDISj2nQQo?t=409
Old 10-12-2019, 03:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
As has Queen Sofa, but only overseas. They don't normally wear hats inside Spain, not even for state visit welcome ceremonies.

In the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, etc. , hats would be standard for a daytime military event like that.
That is true. The strange thing is that weddings are often hats affairs. Why is it okay to wear hats at weddings and not for a solemn act?

A Spanish wedding: http://www.lamesaonce.com/blog/wp-co...DA-750x410.jpg
Old 10-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Aristocracy

Because traditionally a wedding is taken place at a Catholic Church. Spanish women wear mantillas, hats or the traditional mantilla with a comb. As a sign or reverence and respect.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:45 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Letizia looks spectacular with that beautiful rose dress. I think the Steve Madden shoes must be very confortable. IMHO
Old 10-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I adore that shade of pink on Letizia! She looks so pretty.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-12-2019, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

There's no rule saying that Letizia can't wear hats just because her mother in law didn't,Letizia is certainly not one for following traditions.I'm sure the Spanish Milliners would be over joyed if she started a new trend,I'm sure plenty of women wear hats in Spain out of practicality and also for an injection of style.

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:33 PM
Commoner

The pink dress is lovely and she looks wonderful.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Yes because she was visiting the UK, and at an event wear women wear hats. She was showing respect to the country she visited. In Spain, even the older ladies like Sofia, don't as a normal event, wear hats.

Quote:
There's no rule saying that Letizia can't wear hats just because her mother in law didn't,Letizia is certainly not one for following traditions.I'm sure the Spanish Milliners would be over joyed if she started a new trend,I'm sure plenty of women wear hats in Spain out of practicality and also for an injection of style.
Highly doubt she takes fashion advice from her mother in law. Or she would be dressed in brightly colored pajamas.

There are ways of injecting style without adding a hat. Hats are just not a common piece of fashion in some countries, nothing wrong with that.

Letizia has a more sleek modern style. Most of the so called 'hats' royal women wear would not suit her style well. I dont miss seeing those fascinators on her head. A lot of accessories she could add to give a pop of style without a hat
Old 10-13-2019, 02:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sorry, for me after the pants in 2010 the worst look ever on national day. Baby pink with butterflies and lace for a military parade, seriously? Far too girly for a woman approaching 50. The hairstyle did not suit Letizia either.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:00 AM
Majesty

I don't have an issue with the dress. The colours may not be autumnal per se, and the style probably more garden party than military parade, but I think that is all down to personal likes and dislikes. However, I really did not like the hairstyle. I am happy to see her experiment, but this was not a style that, IMO, either worked or was event appropriate.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I dislike this dress. Beautiful color but I find the design too much.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Too bad Letizia keeps using Varela on such high profile events. I am sure next week he will provide the outfit for the awards ceremony. He does simple shift dresses or business looks very well but not that kind of dresses with different styles.
The plastic shoes are a horrible addition to the dress.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:35 PM
Courtier

She can pull off all kind of outfits and her posture is always so good but why did she have to wear those cheap looking shoes? Also her hairstyle isn't up to her usual standard. I wonder if she has changed her hairdresser, her hairstyles have changed lately and IMO are not so well done lately.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Letizia's hair has been looking its best in years up until yesterdays appearance which looked unprofessionally done.

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:52 AM
Administrator

Letizia privately attended a ballet performance with her girls in Madrid last weekend:

** Pic **