Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 9: January 2020 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a little part can be seen, but that is beautiful: Queen Elizabeth during virtual audiences today, April 27:

** Pic **

It's lovely! I love such colors on women of her age, they go so well with the white hair!

What is that tiny silver thing in her ear? From our side right, from her side the left ear.

On May 6 Queen Elizabeth in blue virtually presented The Royal Life Saving Society – Commonwealth Drowning Prevention King Edward VII Cup:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Almost like she has a new hairstyle with that hat.

The queen looked lovely day the hat /dress and coat were really nice.

The queen looked lovely day the hat /dress and coat were really nice.

Indeed. Though I wasn't convinced the aquamarine brooches were necessarily the best pairing!

The Queen looked lovely. It's good to see a slightly different hat shape, and the embroidery around the neck of the coat was a nice touch. I agree that the aquamarine brooches seemed like a slightly odd choice, both in terms of color, and in terms of shape next to the embroidery.

I liked the embroidery very much, although yellow and this fade lilac color don't match thaaaaaaaaaat good in my opinion.
I thought about this lilac colour and think, but of course I may be wrong, that it is a color that used to be in the mourning-color-range. I think I have read that earlier in the days people in mourning, after a certain time, could change from black to this colour.

A perfectly judged outfit for the occasion although I do agree the brooches were out of kilter.

Her coat was clearly too big for her; I am afraid she lost quite some pounds recently. I am a bit surprised they didn't get it fitted in advance.

But all of that is irrelevant thinking about how she paid tribute to her husband by wearing the dress she wore at their official photograph for his 99th birthday.

I love that color very much on her. (And her lipstick hihi)
You can see that she has lost weight, but given the current circumstances and her age its not THAT concerning, because when you look at her face you can see a healthy 95 year old. (IMO she has looked worse than today, even before the death of the Duke)

What a lovely colour and outfit on the queen today and complimented by the hat/brooch and other trademark jewels.

So perfectly turned out - as always. I like this colour on her.

The Queen looks lovely in her blue summer dress (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so nice to see her out, in a dress, without a coat and a hat! Thank goodness for evening! And a very nice floral print too.

And she seems to be in good spirits :) To see this is so heartwarming to me.

The dress is also quite cute. I love when she wears such patterns.

The Queen looks wonderful and a lovely floral print.

Queen Elizabeth at Trooping the Colour today, June 12:

** Full view **

The BBC said todays outfit was by Angela Kelly I think we've seen it before and its a really beautiful outfit for Trooping the Colour.

Queen Elizabeth at the G7 reception in Cornwall this evening:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
It is very, very rare that we get photos of HM outside without a coat and hat and what a wonderful 'reveal' it is. We see her beautiful and bountiful snow-white hair beautifully and elegantly coiffed and as a bonus, get a wonderful full view of her floral dress in natural daylight.

The Queen has a very specific 'uniform' for work which means a hat, coat and gloves. Her hair is most often seen beneath the brim of her hat and the dress as she moves and sits down and the coat gaps at the front. But seeing the entire dress from several different angles gives us a really good insight into just how cleverly Angela Kelly designs her clothes. The round necklines seem to differ in depth depending on the coat she is going to wear with it and/ the length of her single, double or triple strings of pearls.

I am most impressed by the fact that the sleeves of her dresses seem to always be three-quarter length to enable her to sit and sign documents and visitors books with ease as when one sits down, the sleeve of the shirt or dress peek out the end of the cuffs of the coat. Instead, we have white gloves, Also, the dresses she wears for video audiences seem to be made of a slightly heavier material and given the tiniest vertical puff which gives her shoulders a slightly more straight look, lessening the neck curve that comes with age.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/12/10/14/36683920-9039433-image-a-55_1607609791459.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvGqNujWYAIv-Fo?format=jpg&name=large

Queen Elizabeth at Trooping the Colour today,
June 12:

** Full view ** Full view **
I really love the different style of the hat for this ensemble, it is one we rarely see but I should imagine she needed everyone to be able to see her face at least as well as when she wears a tiara. The coat is also a more flowing design rather than shaped. But as with many of her clothes, she has worn this ensemble several times, firstly at Ascot 2019 where it really shone with the gold floral embroidery and then, for the downsized State Opening of Parliament.

Here again, HM has demonstrated her tendency to tweak an ensemble, as shown, the coat was changed to add large covered buttons for the more formal State Opening of Parliament and the Trooping of the Colour this year, 2021.

Beautiful pink floral outfit on the queen at Windsor today for the visit by President Biden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom