Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 8: December 2018 - January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 8 of the thread for Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 7: July 2017 - December 2018 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Queen Elizabeth looking great in pink at the Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn in London today, December 13:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I don't think sludgy colours do anything for the Queen - I prefer her in clear colours as they look better with blue eyes & silver hair.

Looking very cozy in her cashmere coat!

I don't think sludgy colours do anything for the Queen - I prefer her in clear colours as they look better with blue eyes & silver hair.
The date, the train and the scarf instead of a hat and the snuggly camel coloured cashmere coat, all tell the UK she is "on holiday" and the next time we see her will be going to and from church on Sundays and Christmas day.

She's warm and cozy and she is on Holiday. She has never been a dresser. She looks better today than 40 years ago. Her past designers dressed her in a very frumpy manner. Now she can get away with it. She looks fine for the purpose.

The hat is perfect for church at Christmas and Her Majesty does indeed look lovely!

:previous: Absolutely, utterly perfect. I see they were at great pains to shield them from the rain . . . we wouldn't want those beauties to wilt! :flowers:

Nobody can hold a candle to the Queen when it comes to hats. She looks happy and eager for the holiday celebrations to begin.

Coat isn't my favorite but the red makes it Christmas-y. Love the hat.

The Queen is a gem in herself. Can I say HATASTIC!!

Queen Elizabeth in a beautiful dress at her annual Christmas message:

** Upper part **

As always she looks lovely, although I will say that this particular ensemble is not a favorite of mine. It reads a little more springlike with the coat showing so much of the print dress underneath, but I'm at the point with the Queen where I don't care much what she wears, I'm just so, so happy to see her, and see her looking well with her infectious smile on display.

I loved the dress for the Christmas message. And perfect against the backdrop of the room and decorations. I agree about the coat showing too much of the dress underneath. Would like to see her more wrapped up against the cold. But she still looks amazing .

I wanted white gloves with this. But I like the fairly festive note the fuchsia trim brings to the grey. And I think she looks pretty in the color.

I like the coat style & the fuchsia trim just about saves the bland colour. I bet HMQ looks stunning in that dress. The ghastly feather on the hat looks like it's trying to escape & if it had, the hat would have been much improved, especially if it were adorned with fuchsia flowers.

HM looked great at Christmas. This outfit is slightly different from her usual looks; though it's fantastic to see her trying something a little new!

Lovely vibrant colour for the 1st Sunday after Christmas Service and a great hat too.

Gorgeous. I love the Queen in jewel colours.

Queen Elizabeth in camel at the Sunday church service in Sandringham today, January 6:

** Upper part **

From what I can see the colour is somewhat dull though HM has the knack to make it look good on her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom