Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion: October 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my favourite dress, but any highly pregnant woman who can dress upp for an official engagement and walk around in high heels just weeks before the delivery gets a free pass in my book.

So was it great? Nope. Was it inappropriate? Of course it wasn't. No problem in that department.

expressed exactly what I wanted to say, lool

I think the grey was fine at this point she is big but not huge so fitted is alright.

Not my favourite dress, but any highly pregnant woman who can dress upp for an official engagement and walk around in high heels just weeks before the delivery gets a free pass in my book.

So was it great? Nope. Was it inappropriate? Of course it wasn't. No problem in that department.

I agree with you. The color is actually great in her. The dress is appropriate, not my favorite, but appropriate never the less.

Agree with what has been said a coat or jacket would have saved that outfit.

I agree with your comments.
I agree. CPV had some tight fitting dresses in the last month also. Pretty hard to judge how much you are going to grow, the wee one makes that decision. Also as I have noted previously the photographers aren't always kind.
Well said all. In truth, I was a little surprised that Madeleine was not wearing a hat or fascinator. As to those that believe a darker, more sedate ensemble would have been more appropriate, I can only say that the ensemble would have been purchased for the occasion and it is not like there was time to nip out and purchase a demi-mourning maternity dress!

I loved it - such a nice soft color with just a small bit of detail to make it feminine. She did not upstage the Queen, Maddie or even Estelle. The length was perfect. And frankly I prefer a fitted maternity style to tents. It's all just taste, but the less floaty dresses make me happy. It took a few years, but I do now like this newer look a lot. :flowers:
And she looked radiantly happy - always a good look!

I totally agree. She's going to have a baby in a few weeks. Her body's changing every day. In all the circumstances, I think she looks just fine.

The dress looks tight and flimsy. The puckering of material around the stomach area makes the dress look cheaply made. Another fashion swing and a miss for Sofia.

I like it - it's not a showstopper but it looks comfortable and appropriate.

I have to agree with MV and others, the fabric looks flimsy and giving a cheap look. I am not a fan of the color either. A jacket would have helped the look.

That said she looks happy and glowing. And like a woman who in a few short weeks will be missing a te deum herself, as it will be her baby.:flowers:

Looks good and there's absolutely nothing inappropriate with the outfit! Sofia got 4/5 from Expressen and 5/5 from Aftonbladet. I would give 4/5, too.

I loved it - such a nice soft color with just a small bit of detail to make it feminine. She did not upstage the Queen, Maddie or even Estelle. The length was perfect. And frankly I prefer a fitted maternity style to tents. It's all just taste, but the less floaty dresses make me happy. It took a few years, but I do now like this newer look a lot. :flowers:
And she looked radiantly happy - always a good look!

Hey, the dress was nice and not bad at all. I agree, that the fit was not perfect, but I also agree with the others, that the body is changing every day - and a dress, which would have acquired the week before - and had a perfect fit - could have looked completely different the week after, as the belly was growing and changing every day.... so don´t be tooo critical.

BYe Bine

It looks like a comfortable dress but the color is doesn't suit her and the fit is unflattering.

I'm another poster that agrees with Madame Verseau and dazzling. She could have done much better.

For a dress that was custom made for her by Swedish designer Ida Lanto, it certainly could have been perfection. It was a far cry from that.

I like the colour of Sofia's latest dress, but that's about it. As others have pointed out the fit isn't great, it appears to be too tight for Sofia.

:previous: Perhaps if you are going to wear that style of dress it needs to be made with a little 'give' or 'stretch' in the material. I loved the feminine finish and the gorgeous colour of the dress but in all truth, I am not into closely fitted maternity clothes as IMO they rarely flatter the wearer.

It is unfortunate that Sofia appears to have had quite an increase in bump size between when she bought it and when she wore it. Still, it was definitely better than had she worn a sausage casing!

:previous: Perhaps if you are going to wear that style of dress it needs to be made with a little 'give' or 'stretch' in the material. I loved the feminine finish and the gorgeous colour of the dress but in all truth, I am not into closely fitted maternity clothes as IMO they rarely flatter the wearer.

It is unfortunate that Sofia appears to have had quite an increase in bump size between when she bought it and when she wore it. Still, it was definitely better than had she worn a sausage casing!
I agree. And also, depending on how the baby is situated at that exact moment or swelling or if you ate more before, a pregnant body can change from hour to hour :p And not only at the stomach area.

Oh come on. A custom made dress that doesn't allow for eating or a growing baby in uterus? I could understand if it was bought off the rack but she is paying for a custom dress that was a pretty color and that's about it. I apologize if I sound snarky but it is just my opinion.

It seems to me that Sofia has had issues figuring out how to dress appropriately for some time now, so no pass for being pregnant from me, seems to just be the status quo now. I'm sure she prides herself on her individuality, and she is of course perfectly entitled to dress any way she likes. And I don't believe in banishing pregnant women to purdah or wearing sacks for sure, having had 4 children myself.
That said, IMO a public figure whose current employment is representing her husband and family should consider more closely examining the basic social niceties, such as not wearing skin tight dresses in church or that people usually dress in subdued colors when attending an event within hours of a relative passing away. I get that she probably had this dress made up days if not weeks beforehand, but I'm sure she has a coat or jacket that she could have worn to tone down the light gray of her dress. It would have also covered all the puckering and wrinkling. She stands out like a sore thumb in this dress, which seems to me to be the goal.

Last edited:

We have all been there - looks good in the mirror, but not to everybody else. It seems she would have a stylist or even one of sisters/friends or even her husband to be honest with her how a particular outfit looks her. Also, lighting and angles in photos can show a different, non-flattering perspective. But in her defense, she is there, eight months with child, smiling, and genuinely seems happy. With all the world problems, HRH Princess Sofia Kristina of Sweden's wardrobe faux pas is actually nit-picky at best, and why make a fuss over something that is really nothing at all. A beautifully-tailored dress would have still somehow manged to bring complaints from those with nothing better to do but complain. They should do something productive instead. Sofia's wardrobe is Sofia's business ONLY everybody else should always remember - complaints about another's wardrobe only reflects badly on you, not her. Always try to be positive - always ("let he who is without sin cast the first stone").

This is a fashion thread. I am confused when people come here and are shocked by complaints about fashion. Yes there are more serious topics to be spoken of, and they are in other threads. This is a fashion thread, we are here to talk about their clothes :bang: No princesses get positive comments on all looks. Victoria and Maddie certainly don't. Victoria's last few dresses were too tight and no one had a problem saying it, and she was much further along.

When you represent a country, how you present yourself in official events, does reflect. She could not have known Johann would die the same day, but she could have added a coat, which would have darkened the look a bit and also hid the fit. A dress that she spent money on, custom designed, could have also fit in a way to take in consideration a change in bump.

well, I'm positive she doesn't impress me with her dress sense, how's that ;)

For that outfit to be custom made, Sofia got ripped off when it came to the fit. She should have demanded a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom