Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion: October 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that dress lovely and blue suits her very much !

Not that big really considering she is some where between 6 and 7 months pregnant depending on when in April she is due (could also be end of March as they sometimes give later dates). Its nice to see a bump finally, even at the Nobels she didn't have much of one.

I keep feeling like she is taking a page from Vic's first pregnancy. Vic was a lot more matronly, and favored that peter pan collar, when pregnant with Estelle. She has shown a lot more style this time.

I think she got pregnant just after the wedidng and she is due in early April. I do think she is quite big and has put on weight. But it is understandable, as the belly usually starts growing from the fifth month!

She's a tiny woman too...so not surprised we are seeing her showing so much.

LaRae

Princess Sofia attended the memorial ceremony in the Great Synagogue in Stockhol,I liked the overall look with the coat on,however I'd have preferred if the Duchess had her hair tied back.

I think she looked fine for such a serious occasion, but I didn't like how her hair was curled...

Princess Sofia attended the memorial ceremony in the Great Synagogue in Stockhol,I liked the overall look with the coat on,however I'd have preferred if the Duchess had her hair tied back.

Katniss Everdeen hairstyle does not look good on Sofia

http://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/268-683x1024.jpg
http://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/640-1024x683.jpg
http://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/544-1024x683.jpg

neat way to dress, but the hairstyle is not becoming.

Again outfit is a bit non-descript and boring, nothing special, but still a good choice for a somber memorial event as such.

But the hair??? Not a good style. She was doing so well lately hair wise

:previous: Indeed she has been hitting all the right notes, but I am not a fan of flopsy mopsy curly hairstyles on grown women. Definitely a fingernail on chalkboard effect!

Overall, I just think she looks happy and pretty since the announcement. Overall, I like her fashion choices since then better too.
I also give her credit for doing different things with her hair. It's fun and young.
Given all the critique hurled her way, I'm glad she's smiling! :flowers:

Don't ask sorry this dress is awful!

This dress is too shiny and the fit makes it look cheap, and the colour isn't a best choice for Sofia.
http://gfx.bloggar.aftonbladet-cdn....rmavbild-2016-02-03-kl.-20.15.47-680x1024.png
She had loaned it from her friend Carolina Pihl, who wore the dress at Sofia's wedding.
Here is Carolina with the dress
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/sofias-kompis-ste-700x1142.jpg

The dress suits better to a daylight and not to camera flashes, but it didn't look good in the summer either.

Last edited:
It also looks better, IMO, with the belt/sash giving it the appearance of an empire waistline.

I rather like the dress. It seems like a heavy fabric that looks a bit like chainmail. I'd like to see it up close.

At first glance it looked very flimsy but when I zoom in the fabric is quite nice.
Overall I think it is a good look for her.

An okay look - not her best and not her worst. Best feature: her hair. Perhaps she has switched to a better hairdresser?

Make-up and hair are nice (wish she'd quit parting it down the middle!), but the dress is unflattering and way too tight IMO. The shiny silver washes her out and the material is thin, it looks like something a B list celebrity would wear. Points for wearing her orders correctly, but the sash is bunched up and messy looking. A definite mixed bag for me.

IMO it's a pity that the shiny fabric makes it look cheap and tacky. I think the cut of the dress is very flattering and suits her.

i actually really like sofia's dress. i think it's simple enough for the sparkle to work and i think it draws attention to what everyone is interested in - the bump!

I like the dress too. It has the right amount of sparkle. Not too much and not too little.

I think it is awful! It definitely looked better with the sash under the bustline. Flimsy, shiny, poor fit... :( Not an elegant look for Princess Sofia.

Not a fan of the dress. Her hair and makeup looks good.

I like it. It works for her. It actually looks great on her. I know very few pregnant women who could have pulled this off. Good for her.

The dress looks like a tight fit. What I don't get is why would Sofia borrow a gown from one of her friends? As a princess she has access to many designers who would have lent her a gown for exposure, or she could have recycled one of her gowns from the Nobels. And still no apparent access to Bernadotte family tiaras. Eights months as a royal - I think she's due one.

Not a fan...I see that and all I can think is 70's lame fabric...

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom