Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion: October 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: As do I. I just wish the lace itself was "softer" and therefore, would not have creased so badly. The addition of the black trimmed jacket looked quite lovely.

I also found myself liking her black and white print dress, but as with the lace, it is just a little too short.

Hah, I was bracing myself for more thigh flashing, but this look is pretty near perfect, yeah!

Love it! Pregnancy really suits her!

I agree LadyFinn, the length doesn't bother me as much as the collar, it doesn't really go with the rest of the look and it looks like the lining is showing, like the collar needs to be tucked in if that makes sense...and the earrings are definitely too heavy, her diamond slice earrings would have been a better choice (even though I don't care for them much). The 'door knocker' earrings are so 1980s. But overall it's an appropriate look, which is a big improvement IMO.

It's a beautiful colour dress and fits her very well - a great evening gown style during pregnancy. I agree with others about the collar - a simple round neck-line would have been nice.

She looks great - love the whole look including the collar, earrings and hair.

Also, liked the mini print dress for the concert - a great look that she carries off well.

Last edited:
Elegant color but nothing special. Needs a different collar, doesn't go with an evening gown, and the length needs hemmed.

Sofia she was very beautiful! Nice dress beautiful color and i like her hair!

I don't find the dress to be particularly nice but I really do appreciate her wearing her hair in a different, more experimental way.

Nothing special imho. Agree with the others re the earrings and collar. I do like her hair for a change. :)

I quite like it...the color is perfect...the style ..just a long shirt dress I think...but it works on her. Not a fan of the huge earrings.

LaRae

:previous: She looks great and I love the hairstyle, but the jury is still out on the earrings. The dress is quite a departure from her usual style and is very elegant, especially the side tie and I love the collar, it really works with the hair style not to mention keeping the draught from around her neck!

The dress is meh and boring-matronly, the collar all wrong. I quite like the hairstyle, its good to see Sofia leaving the middle parting/scraggy long hair to Katniss Everdeen.

i thought the dress was a bit boring and adds years on her. i like her make up though, it is always very nicely done. i wonder if she does it herself or she has professional make up artists working for her on a need basis.

Not a fan of the dress, but it did look good on her. At this point of the pregnancy it must be quite difficult to find a nice ever-changing look. And Sofia is already big!

Don't like this look at all, there's a way to dress conservative but not matronly. And one doesn't need to be covered up just because they're pregnant but also, no one wants to see too much either. There's a delicate balance and Sofia didn't hit the mark this time. I also don't like how dark the dress is. Dark hair, dark dress, standing next to a dark background plus clashing with CP tuxedo. If this were a different color I'd like it much better.

Not a fan of the dress, but it did look good on her. At this point of the pregnancy it must be quite difficult to find a nice ever-changing look. And Sofia is already big!

Not that big really considering she is some where between 6 and 7 months pregnant depending on when in April she is due (could also be end of March as they sometimes give later dates). Its nice to see a bump finally, even at the Nobels she didn't have much of one.

I keep feeling like she is taking a page from Vic's first pregnancy. Vic was a lot more matronly, and favored that peter pan collar, when pregnant with Estelle. She has shown a lot more style this time.

She can't win, can she. If she shows off a lot of flesh or her clothes are deemed too tight, she's criticised. If she covers herself up, shes criticised.

Why is it that women are held to a higher standard than men when it comes to evening dress? All a man has to do is turn up in the same dinner suit he wears everywhere and he's fine. A woman is expected to wear different outfits to every event and strike just the right balance of elegant and dignified and sexy, plus wear just the right amount of makeup and the right jewellery and have her hair styled just so. Sofia's covered up as much as Carl Philip, but it's deemed too much by some. I loathe these double standards.

My only complaint about her dress is that it's too long. She's able to step on it and in addition to standing on the hem of your dress not being a good look, it seems downright dangerous as she could trip on it.

I agree, her dress is too long and someone will always complain. She looks fine and pregnant.

I don't find the dress matronly. Perhaps the colour could've been more vibrant and the fabric a bit more formal but the style of the gown isn't bad.I would get rid of the collar though, two severe and makes me claustrophobic just looking at it but then that's just me being partial towards more open necklines.

I don't understand how this is matronly either. First of all, the silhouette is a classic sheath style with a bit of fluting at the hem. The fabric is more body-hugging rather than loose, so it's accentuating her. And the color is a rich navy blue, not a dusty shade of something or other, or a print that's gone out of style.

I don't find the dress matronly. Perhaps the colour could've been more vibrant and the fabric a bit more formal but the style of the gown isn't bad.I would get rid of the collar though, two severe and makes me claustrophobic just looking at it but then that's just me being partial towards more open necklines.

Its the neckline which makes it look matronly IMO. Its old fashioned, and what you would expect on an older woman. Honestly with a big more modern, simpler neckline, the dress would be much better. Its a bit plain, but appropriate, just needs a hem. It seems to be the collar which is putting people off the dress. I know the 'matronly' comments were made about Vic and Kate when they wore similar collars.

I love this navy look on her love the hair I think she looks lovely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom