Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion: October 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is nice but the concert was at the church and the dress has too low cut for that. I understand that at weddings people seem to forget that church is a church and have a dress with a lot of cleavage showing. But other events at church are just that, events at church and people could show their respect to the church by dressing appropriately. I'm conservative at this, but people have different opinions of course. If the concert would have been at a concert hall, the dress would have been a good choice.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Swedish+Royals+Attend+Christmas+Vasastan+Concert+MdHEkp9za_Kx.jpg
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/sofia-carl-philip-kyrka-ao.jpg

personally a low cut like this does not shock me to a concert in a church. This is not a religious meeting. Maybe this is a concert not to do it in a church in this case.

I like both the color and style of the dress. Princess Sofia's hairstyle is different. It appears shorter and the part in the middle doesn't seem so 'severe' as in the longer, straight style. Looks good. She is glowing at this stage of her pregnancy.

I have worked in the church of Sweden for several years, and I can assure you that no one from the church would have thought that Sofias dress was inappropriate, so there is no need to worry about that.

Personally, I think it was one of her best outfits so far. It's a really nice shade of blue, and the cut of the dress was flattering. Not sure about the black tights, but since it was windy outside yesterday, I give her a pass on that one as well.

I agree with you.There is just black tights, that I may have chosen something else.

Princess Sofia's dress was not that low cut, I have seen worse in church. At least of me, she wore a dress, a pretty blue dress, it was not short, nor tight, it was very appropriate for her as she is having a baby. I have seen jeans with cutouts, holes in them, tank tops with ladies top part showing, that to me is very degrading in a church.

As of being pretty, yes she is, I will admit that Sofia is one very pretty girl and that she does remind me of Queen Silva which is a good thing for maybe that is her role model and who better then the Queen Silva. As it is said, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!:)

She is a very pretty girl and is well endowed, just like her mil.
I like the shade of lipstick on her

Last edited:
The dress is very nice on her. And I do like the shorter hair, even with it parted in the middle (which I don't care for), it looks softer. The only thing I'm not liking are the black tights. Ugh! I love a good pair of black tights but not with this dress.

I don't know if this has been posted before, though the dress Sofia wore to the concert is by Tiffany Rose and is the "Chloe" maternity dress:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-d54uzNgPd...e-Tiffany-Rose-Chloe-Maternity-Lace-Dress.jpg

I like it a lot. I think this particular shade of blue is a great colour for Sofia. I don't think the neckline is too low and a lot of churches are more relaxed about what their congregation wears nowadays. In the past, everyone wore their "Sunday best" to church but nowadays people often wear very casual clothes. Having said that, I do agree with SnowBirds that wearing things like tank tops is crossing the line.

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been posted before, though the dress Sofia wore to the concert is by Tiffany Rose and is the "Chloe" maternity dress:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-d54uzNgPd...e-Tiffany-Rose-Chloe-Maternity-Lace-Dress.jpg

I like it a lot. I think this particular shade of blue is a great colour for Sofia. I don't think the neckline is too low and a lot of churches are more relaxed about what their congregation wears nowadays. In the past, everyone wore their "Sunday best" to church but nowadays people often wear very casual clothes. Having said that, I do agree with SnowBirds that wearing things like tank tops is crossing the line.

Very pretty and appropriate!

Agree, the dress seems extremely short. Wondering if bought when her bump was smaller, and the length may have been slightly better. Think it would still have been short, but maybe not as short.

I definitely agree with you guys, too short (at least for me, but I might be getting old). The pattern and overall style is nice though.

I don't see the point of bringing Victoria into this. Both their dresses were too short.

Nice look. Again the length is a bit off. Definitely not as short as the other, and the lace adds length. I think it is a problem of her buying dresses and not taking into account the growing baby bump which effects the length.

IMO it is at least one size to small. The only part of the dress I can see is the skirt which is very messy, wrinkled and again the length is very awkward. I think if it was the bump making it fit badly the hem would be uneven, shorter in front from the pulling up. It's another miss for me I'm sorry to say.

it's a maternity dress that goes to the knees, it seems to me very correct,
pretty dress

Product Detail | H&M US

Neither on the model nor on Sofia does the dress go to the knees. It is about an inch above, and that is the lace, the slip layer is at least another inch to inch and a half shorter.

Seeing it on the model, I have to agree with Missy, it is at least a size too small on Sofia, so its not sitting right on her. Again a matter of likely buying early in her bump phase and not taking into account her growing size.

Neither on the model nor on Sofia does the dress go to the knees. It is about an inch above, and that is the lace, the slip layer is at least another inch to inch and a half shorter.

Seeing it on the model, I have to agree with Missy, it is at least a size too small on Sofia, so its not sitting right on her. Again a matter of likely buying early in her bump phase and not taking into account her growing size.

ok, everything is too small, everything is too short, I understand your opinion,

I think she looked great in this outfit (much better than the one yesterday). Too short? For who? She was appropriately dressed for the occasion.

ok, everything is too small, everything is too short, I understand your opinion,

Wow this is a discussion board. You don't have to agree with my opinion that it is short, but you can respect it. Your snappish attack is childish at best. IMO a dress that is 3/4 inches above the knee is short for a winter event, certainly at an official event. That is my opinion, and one shared by other posters here. I certainly don't think everything she has worn is too short, and have never stated that. Don't take people's less than stellar reviews of Sofia's wardrobe as a personal attack on her or you.:bang:

That dress is too short...but that seems to be a trend nowdays.

LaRae

I think the whole look is cheap looking and not worthy of a Princess. Sofia can do better, imho.

That dress is too short...but that seems to be a trend nowdays.

LaRae

Bingo! It's the trend, so that's what Sofia's wearing. I can't fault her for that even though I think the dresses are too short. I prefer the dress she wore to the family evening to the one with the lace overlay. I think the lace one looked a bit of a mess.

I like that she's wearing dresses and not separates these days! A much better look for her, IMHO. I think both dresses are cute. If short, she has the legs for it and it's not as if she were invited to scrub floors. At least I hope not. :p All she needs do is hang out and look nice. It works for me.

How is this dress too short? I think it's an appropriate length. I have seen women wearing dresses/skirts that are beyond too embarassing to wear in public, but I guess that was why they wore them to begin with.

I am not a fashionista but I do wish that Princess Sophia's hem length was a tad longer. Its just personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom