Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion: October 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is ok, nothing special. If she just would have had the King's miniature portrait. And her new haircut is awful, and her hairdo too informal for such a solemn formal event.

:previous: I like her hairdo. Much better and modern. It suits her. But the dress is nothing special as was Madeleine's dress last year.

The dress is ok, nothing special. If she just would have had the King's miniature portrait. And her new haircut is awful, and her hairdo too informal for such a solemn formal event.

too informal hairstyle, we will read all

Her Lauren Conrad hair bores me to tears to be honest. I think a long, sleek lob would look great on her.

Her dress is okay. Nothing special but I find that pretty much all of maternity fashion is boring.

I think Sofia looks lovely in that pretty sea-green dress.

:holly:

Sofia looks beautiful and I think Carl Philip can be very proud of his wife (no doubt he is ;)).

Well, I wouldn't have expected you to like something that's associated with Sofia. Good thing we're in Christmas spirit here :flowers:

I think she looked perfectly fine. I almost always prefer women to wear their hair up for formal occasions, but that's my personal taste.

Sofia's dress is just okay. I dislike the light-colored lining. I also do not care for her haircut. The sausage curls do not suit her. Sorry that I'm such a downer.. :(

Sofia looks nice, she is showing that she is adapting to dressing the part that she plays in the royal family which is good. She is learning and that sometimes takes time and mistakes on the way. Now *what hair cut*, she still has long hair, all I see is a different style and it looks nice on her. Love her make-up, it is soft and glowing, (having a baby does make a woman glow) and love those earrings, those are gorgeous.

Now Prince Carl, in this picture he looks like he used less grease on his hair, it looks clean and healthy for a change. This is one of the best times I have seen him in for a very long time.

I love the colour of Sofia's dress, it's beautiful and suits her well. I want to like her jacket, but something about it is putting me off, and I can't quite put my finger on what. I prefer Sofia's usual hairstyle but the one she wore tonight is not terrible.

Love the green color and cut of the dress. Her new hairdo is also a refreshing change, I like the lift in the crown....

Last edited by a moderator:
Very lovely the appearance of Sofia. Nice dress and very beautiful her hair.

I agree! She looks lovely! Love both the dress and hair! She is glowing!

i like sofia´s new hairdo, although if she doesn´t want comparisons with kate, she is doing herself no favours.

I think that Sofia looks very pretty. The dress is very nice and a good color, and her new hairstyle and makeup make her look softer.

:previous: I would have to agree, apart from looking wonderfully happy, there is a certain serenity about her at the moment and yes her hair looks quite lovely.

A number of posts have been removed or edited as they were steering this thread directly into an iceberg.

Please be respectful of all opinions - positive, negative, in between. If you cannot do that, the moderators recommend that you go elsewhere. Also a reminder that comparisons between royal ladies is not something we encourage.

Fashion is subjective, there is no right or wrong - something can be 'awful' to one person while the same thing can be 'gorgeous' to another. And everyone, as long as they are not attacking anyone and are respectful, is allowed to state their opinion.

Carl and Sofia went to the concert tonight, she wore a knee length blue lace dress with long sleeves and a v neckline, her hair was loose with waves and her make-up just soft. She looked really great, I like the dress, being a lace lady, a nice lace dress is always perfect and this one was very nice, it goes with her eyes. Nice earrings with a blue stone of some kind and gold dangle of some kind, I am not good at describing things. Both looked very happy and delighted to be there, I am getting the impression that she is good for him.

Only thing, I wasn't crazy about the black tights, but recently I learned that they are worn by women all the time in the winter in Sweden, so it is okay to keep warm.

I think Sofia looks very nice in that blue lace dress. (And I think Carl Philip needs to buy his suits in the next size up.)

Very pretty blue lace dress with the so much better shorter hairstyle. The dreaded black tights really did not go with such a delicate dress. And don't tell me they all wear them, in the groups shot it was about fifty fifty of women with skin toned hose and the black tights.

I like Sofia's dress as it is flattering and feminine on her. Her hair looks lovely styled this way! Agree that the black tights do not go with such a delicate dress. If it is that cold, Why wear a short coat??!! Why not a full length warm coat? And maybe add a warm scarf...

I think she looks lovely .. I am not sure about the black tights but the dress is a very pretty

I like her very! The dress is nice beautiful color and i love her hair!

That is one of the nicest shades of blue I have seen in lace dresses and Sofia looks wonderful in it. The cut and style are very flattering.

I like the dress. The haircut is nice but the middle parting remains very, very unflattering, Sofia's forehead is huge and this style only adds to it.
Sofia is almost like a copy of the young Silvia, only that Silvia was far far more pretty.

The dress is nice but the concert was at the church and the dress has too low cut for that. I understand that at weddings people seem to forget that church is a church and have a dress with a lot of cleavage showing. But other events at church are just that, events at church and people could show their respect to the church by dressing appropriately. I'm conservative at this, but people have different opinions of course. If the concert would have been at a concert hall, the dress would have been a good choice.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Swedish+Royals+Attend+Christmas+Vasastan+Concert+MdHEkp9za_Kx.jpg
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/sofia-carl-philip-kyrka-ao.jpg

I have worked in the church of Sweden for several years, and I can assure you that no one from the church would have thought that Sofias dress was inappropriate, so there is no need to worry about that.

Personally, I think it was one of her best outfits so far. It's a really nice shade of blue, and the cut of the dress was flattering. Not sure about the black tights, but since it was windy outside yesterday, I give her a pass on that one as well.

The blue of the dress brought out the blue of her eyes. :flowers: Very pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom