Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion: October 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Sophia. The high waist with the pleated bottom hides a multitude of sins and in this case, the jacket still nips in at the waist at the back but the pleats make it flare or spread to make it look fitting rather than spreading and hitching up in the front.

The front looks wonderful and while I think the dress is more summer than winter, I think it is a case of what fits and to be honest, I like that she has worn what look like black support hose rather than black tights. It gives the whole ensemble a lighter touch.

This outfit is a mismatch. A summer dress of a blue pattern covered by a black fall jacket. I don't get why Sofia stays away from maternity clothes, especially when there are designers that make flattering mom-to-be clothes.

:previous: Maybe she wants to limit the number of maternity clothes she buys and is wearing what she can fit into as long as she can fit into it.

It seems that some pregnant women shy away from maternity clothes these days. I have no idea why - when I was pregnant I could not stand anything form fitting around my belly.

Some women its a financial situation. They don't have the money to buy a whole new wardrobe especially when body is changing weekly, that they will only wear a few months.

A lot of women do wear maternity clothes. They just have modernized over the years and don't scream maternity like even 20 years ago.

Sofia has no such problem. She has the money to buy maternity clothes. And she certainly could have come up with a fresh modern looking maternity dress. Or if she didn't want to go that route, an outfit actually suited to the season.

The dress is green, blue and white. It's almost winter and blue and white are generally considered cool colors. Green is for the festive season.
Using imagination the pattern can look a bit like floes or icicles.

I think it's a pretty dress and wearing the rest in black gives her just that bit of sharpness - it prevents the eyes from dazzling like mine would if she had not worn the jacket.

There are no seasons when it comes to clothing, many people extend their wardrobes by wearing summer clothe like Sophia with a warmer piece. I think she looks nice .

i like the combo of dress and jacket, makes it look appropriate for the weather with the jacket, although i do not like the dress on its own much. i also like how she is using thrifty choices (the dress is from H&M) with the expensive valentino jacket, which is lovely on its own.

but why does sofia stand in the middle of the pic whilst CP stands on the side?!

i like the combo of dress and jacket, makes it look appropriate for the weather with the jacket, although i do not like the dress on its own much. i also like how she is using thrifty choices (the dress is from H&M) with the expensive valentino jacket, which is lovely on its own.

but why does sofia stand in the middle of the pic whilst CP stands on the side?!

Because else he would stand in front of that guy behind one of the trees.

Them next to each other:
http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edoris?tem=dorismark&doc_id=7aa7d02366224712683261ea8fcca9b9

Last edited:
This seems to be a loose shift dress which I could wear into my sixth month with my first, it doesn't seem tight on her. Without the black tights it would have looked a lot better. Also, she hasn't learned what photographs well yet. Black becomes a lot more overwhelming in pictures than in reality.

This seems to be a loose shift dress which I could wear into my sixth month with my first, it doesn't seem tight on her. Without the black tights it would have looked a lot better. Also, she hasn't learned what photographs well yet. Black becomes a lot more overwhelming in pictures than in reality.
Haha, this is the neverending "black tights" debate. It's just a basic thing, everyone wears it in the nordic countries during fall and winter :p

Could she also be in the in between phase of the pregnancy where she can still fit into some of her non-pregnancy clothes and her bump hasn't "sprouted"?

Haha, this is the neverending "black tights" debate. It's just a basic thing, everyone wears it in the nordic countries during fall and winter :p
I know right. I don't care for the look but it is a look that CP Victoria and CP Mette-Marit often wear.

I know right. I don't care for the look but it is a look that CP Victoria and CP Mette-Marit often wear.
Yeah, I wear it all the time as well, as most of the people I know. Without it you can wear dresses for like... 4 months out of the year or freeze your legs off :p

I'm not a fan of the pattern of Sofia's latest dress, but the colours work nicely together. I really like her hair and makeup here as well.

Yeah, I wear it all the time as well, as most of the people I know. Without it you can wear dresses for like... 4 months out of the year or freeze your legs off :p
Yikes, that's not good! Maybe more trouser suits on royals would start a trend . . . after their children are born, though.

We'll it is fine to wear black hose, no tights, but with such a light colored dress, no. And, I come from an area that has probably an even colder temperature than Stockholm Sweden. Boots or pants would be the answer

Last edited:
Yikes, that's not good! Maybe more trouser suits on royals would start a trend . . . after their children are born, though.
I personally cannot stand [edit: wearing, not seeing] pants, but I can assure you, jeans is a very common sight here as well so it's not like people are walking around in black tights all the time... well, except for me then, but I have knitted tights as well :p

Last edited:
:previous: Of course they will! We are here to discuss our fashion preferences and what one person thinks looks great on Sofia another may think looks awful. Fashion is subjective and we all have our own points of view.

I think they are very similar but not the same. They're both from "ByMalina" but Sofia's dress has long sleeves on. Madde's one didn't

Um, considering that women in the Swedish Royal Family often share clothes and have similar preferred labels, I fail to see how this could be remotely considered "creepy". She just wore a similar dress to one Princess Madeleine wore once. Who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The green dress Sofia wore was lovely and the color was great but the I didn't like the fact the lining was a bit too light/shiny.
Sofia's new hair cut suits her well.

Very lovely the appearance of Sofia. Nice dress and very beautiful her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom