Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion: October 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sofia's dress is wonderful! Gorgeous! I think she is the best dressed tonight... it does remind me of the gown Madeleine's wore yesterday, but only the upper part... the hair though... oh my... fire that friend!

I too like this dress on Sofia and the color on her is very pretty. But there is just something about this tiara and her hair. Or maybe it's the shape of the tiara that does not go well with the shape of her face. Whatever it is, I just can not like it. So sad, because she really does look pretty.

The dress she wore tonight is really pretty. The color and style look good on her. The only negative is her hair, I just think it throws the tiara off. A little more volume in the front would look so much better.

Yesterday's dress was nice, but I wasn't wowed by it. I liked the top half, but didn't care for the bottom. I also really disliked the hair/tiara placement.

Prefer it in red! And I prefer it to Victoria's maternity outfit.

I have to agree on the color. I think it looks better in red.

I love her dress! Her bump seems so petite compared to Victoria's!

I agree about the hair/tiara situation. Looks like it's been "plonked".

Sofia's gown and jewels are beautiful tonight her hairstyle was much better last night.

Sofia looks stunning tonight - really like this gown on her and it very neatly hides her bump. But that tiara gets worse each time i see it, as many posters have said it has the appearance of being plonked on her head

LOVE the grey dress from tonight!

LaRae

I wonder if people told Queen Victoria her tiara had just been "plonked" on her head and that she should change her hairstyle and wear the tiara differently? Queen Alexandra also went for the "plonked" look, though her tiaras were plonked on top of mounds of curls, and Queen Mary did the same at times.

For Sofia, I think it's just a different way of wearing a tiara. Not wrong, just different. Most women these days wear their tiaras framing their heads/hairstyles. Sofia has fine, dead straight hair and at the moment is wearing it parted in the middle the way Queen Victoria did, and this means her tiara is plonked on top. I, too, have fine, dead straight hair, and that sort of hair does not stay in good condition for long if you tease it and plaster it down with hair spray. The worst part is having to brush it out afterwards, which can not only take a very long time but also be painful. I fully understand why she would favour this less damaging option for her hair.

I am clearly in the minority on this point but I think Sofia looks perfectly fine. Actually I think she looks quite lovely.

:previous:
I can so relate yo fine dead straight hair, you and I have the same it seems, I have always been envious of women with natural curls, all my life, give me those curls, not happening ever.

Princess Sofia looks like she is wearing the tiara the way Queen Victoria did and with the same part in the middle. I also think that the tiara is too small for her, and the it should of been a longer on the sides so that it would sit better on her head. I wonder how it stays in place for that would be one balancing act if not secured somehow, walking down steps with a tiara and keeping it on.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:that would be an accomplishment for sure.

I like her gown tonight as I also like the one she wore last night, yes a bit like Madeleine but still a very pretty gown on her and the color is nice. I think she is really working at showing the family that she can do this and there is more to come.:flowers:

Pretty look and I like the way she is wearing dresses with a waist hiked up a little at this stage of her pregnancy.

I love her looks from both nights, but I feel like maybe the tiara is pretty rigid and that's what's making the placement difficult

I really don't care for her gown. It just isn't flattering. I agree about the tiara being rigid and difficult to wear. Sofia is becoming more comfortable with each outing which is nice to see.

Her gown this evening is my favorite evening look for her so far- really outstanding.

Victoria needs to loan her a hairdresser though- someone who can style that tiara properly.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think she looks lovely and I have no problem with her tiara placement.

Love it the black is very 50's and she looks stunning in the grey

The grey gown is unflattering. The fabric combination with lace doesn't work and it looks a bit too much/too heavy for a pregnant women. Her hair should've been pulled up.

I was intrigued by the fact that on the first night Sofia wore the star below her left breast and on the second she did not wear it at all.

http://media.shootitlive.com/LlRgM2ju0g98R4njPx3fJ8DMe0D/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/2105

http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/43.png

My personal thought is that there is not enough room on her second gown to accommodate what is, a very large star.

That being said, I loved the soft dove grey of the second gown and it was perfectly fitted. Next tiara time out I will be looking for her to ace the tiara hair stakes.

She could have aced the tiara hair the first time. Its not about it being her first and now second/third time. It's about using a stylist who doesn't understand how to style hair for a tiara and how to place it. Looking at other first time princesses, Stephanie of Lux comes to mind, she rocked a tiara the first time. Having a friend who is a stylist it might seem nice to support them and use them, but it seems she needs someone else for tiara events, who understands what is needed.

I may be wrong but I think I read at the time of the wedding that Sofia's hairdresser (and friend) was one of the top stylists in Stockholm. I don't know enough about "tiara protocol" to know what is right or wrong or if there is a right or wrong. Personally I really like the emeralds and diamonds. I don't know if the comments re poor placement of the tiara are about personal preference or proper protocol.

I wonder if people told Queen Victoria her tiara had just been "plonked" on her head and that she should change her hairstyle and wear the tiara differently? Queen Alexandra also went for the "plonked" look, though her tiaras were plonked on top of mounds of curls, and Queen Mary did the same at times.

For Sofia, I think it's just a different way of wearing a tiara. Not wrong, just different. Most women these days wear their tiaras framing their heads/hairstyles. Sofia has fine, dead straight hair and at the moment is wearing it parted in the middle the way Queen Victoria did, and this means her tiara is plonked on top. I, too, have fine, dead straight hair, and that sort of hair does not stay in good condition for long if you tease it and plaster it down with hair spray. The worst part is having to brush it out afterwards, which can not only take a very long time but also be painful. I fully understand why she would favour this less damaging option for her hair.

I agree. :flowers: She is just wearing the tiara differently, and I think her way of wearing the tiara suits her.

I am clearly in the minority on this point but I think Sofia looks perfectly fine. Actually I think she looks quite lovely.

Then it is a minority of two (though we have compadres on this). ;) I like her look. She's hitting her stride. Can't wait to see the baby. Should be a beauty. :flowers:

did madeleine lend her dress of the 1st day to sofia to use the following day? it looks the same to me.

:previous: At first glance I agree that the colours are more suitable for warmer months, but perhaps the fabric is a light wool, which would make it fine for winter; but, if that's the case, I would prefer the jacket to be in that deep green colour that's in the dress. My main gripe is that I don't think the dress looks right with all that black.

I'm not fond of this outfit on the princess. It certainly has a lot of black, as stated, and the dress doesn't appear to be all that flattering. Her hair and pretty smile go a long way!

When I first saw they pic I thought, even for a moment, she was Kate. I think it was the jacket and the hair who betrayed me! Anyway, the dress is nice but not for a chrismas time and for a pregnant woman IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom