Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion: October 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Oh dear, it looks like I was right and the sash has been left in the box until she needed it. There was probably no time to press it and someone would have to tell her the back view is messy.

I am beginning to think that she is taking her lead from Victoria and with Victoria in South America and Madeleine back in London, she was on her own. I think she looked at the way Carl Philip wore his sash (no pins, etc.) and since he didn't wear the family order, she wore the Star where he wore his, sort of, and left her family order off.

Sadly, it seems my supposition was correct, SPANX! Pregnant women absolutely should not be wearing them under any circumstances. :bang:

I think that Sofia's outfit and look after all was good. Of course there was some things that could have ben done better. But even experienced royals like her in-laws make misstakes.

For instance Queen Silvia didn't wear her portrait of the King for the banquet in conjunction with Queen Margrethe's Ruby Jubilee.

The King's order during the recent state visit to Lithuania was probably worn for the the very first time, as it was folded multiple times on his shoulder. That looked horrible, Sofia didn't las night.

We hope that she has learn from the small misstakes for the State banquet for the President of Tunisia.

Sorry Sofia's order did look terrible. @Lady Finn -the back view was worse. As if she didn't bother to have it steamed out and have it adjusted properly.

If Sofia is attending a state banquet, that means a tiara. She needs to get one (one the king is going to loan to her) that will be a proper fit. Given how she wore the sash and orders, I don't think Sofia is ready for the big guns (Branganza, Counnaught, Luechenburg, Cameo, Edward VII Ruby, Nine Prong). She needs for seasoning for those. Victoria and Madeleine have called dibs on the Baden Fringe and the Modern Fringe. The Laurel Wreath is Victoria's. The Steel Cut is a tough one to wear and it definitely depends on the style and color of the dress for it to work. I'll take a guess and say Sofia does the 4 Button - aka the Jeep. (or is it the 6 Button?) Eyes are going to be on Sofia for jewelry from the royal collection for that night too. Hopefully Sofia gets a better fitting dress for the evening too.

:previous: Ah well, it was not a tiara occasion this time so I believe we can wait until the next State Banquet and see how she goes.

They actually make pregnancy spanx I think not tight on the belly but holds everything else in place.

Sorry Sofia's order did look terrible. @Lady Finn -the back view was worse. As if she didn't bother to have it steamed out and have it adjusted properly.

If Sofia is attending a state banquet, that means a tiara. She needs to get one (one the king is going to loan to her) that will be a proper fit. Given how she wore the sash and orders, I don't think Sofia is ready for the big guns (Branganza, Counnaught, Luechenburg, Cameo, Edward VII Ruby, Nine Prong). She needs for seasoning for those. Victoria and Madeleine have called dibs on the Baden Fringe and the Modern Fringe. The Laurel Wreath is Victoria's. The Steel Cut is a tough one to wear and it definitely depends on the style and color of the dress for it to work. I'll take a guess and say Sofia does the 4 Button - aka the Jeep. (or is it the 6 Button?) Eyes are going to be on Sofia for jewelry from the royal collection for that night too. Hopefully Sofia gets a better fitting dress for the evening too.

this belongs in the jewelry thread, but I cannot ignore it. Sofia will never wear the Braganza as it is for the Queen only. She likely will also never wear the Leuchtenberg, Nine Prong, or the Ruby. I think the Leuchtenberg is also just for the Queen, but I'm not positive. Same with the other two. She will also likely never wear the Connaught, but it could be possible when Victoria is Queen. The Cameo is possible, but as Madeleine has never worn it, & the only time Victoria wore it was for her wedding, I would hazard a guess she'll not wear it. Sofia has her own Emerald Tiara to wear, so there's that, plus the Button Tiaras. If Madeleine really wants to raise her children in London, I think we'll see her less often at tiara events (at least while the kids are young) and so possibly Sofia could wear the Modern Fringe. But not the Baden Fringe, and probably not the big Steel Cut, but Lillian did wear it, so maybe Sofia will.

As for the fashion, I do not mind Sofia's dress. But her sash is a mess. There is a reason why the ladies pin their sashes. I would hazard a guess the men do as well, but as we don't get to see beneath their coats, I don't know.

The RFO in Sweden is referred to as The King's Portrait, but it is still an order. An informal one, but an order nonetheless.

All the look of Sofia is beautiful. The dress , the makeup, the hair. And any mistake made can not just blame only her.

Hmmm I don't know if she won't wear some of them...because they seem to share both clothing and jewels both in that family. Perhaps not the ones only the Queen wears but I'd say the rest would be a possibility.

LaRae

The dress clearly is too tight for her. It's unflattering and a such a dull color on her.

This dress was clearly never designed for her pregnancy even in the early stages. I would say she had this dress maybe in frame for this arts dinner and went ahead and wore it despite the very beginnings of her baby bump - therefore it is quite tight over that area and not the most flattering

Sadly, it seems my supposition was correct, SPANX! Pregnant women absolutely should not be wearing them under any circumstances. :bang:
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is Spanx?:ermm:

:previous: Oh dear, it looks like I was right and the sash has been left in the box until she needed it. There was probably no time to press it and someone would have to tell her the back view is messy.

I am beginning to think that she is taking her lead from Victoria and with Victoria in South America and Madeleine back in London, she was on her own. I think she looked at the way Carl Philip wore his sash (no pins, etc.) and since he didn't wear the family order, she wore the Star where he wore his, sort of, and left her family order off.

Why? I can't see what it would hurt. And all available information says it's safe. (And I mean, why wouldn't it be)

It might get uncomfortable in late pregnancy but that's a really personal choice.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think the dress was very special and too figure hugging for my taste - her leg muscles even show through it. the sash is also sitting improperly on her front rather than her waist which looks frumpy...

:previous: It's the corset and/or girdle you wear when you are not wearing a corset and girdle. This 21st-century version smoothes out the bumps and bulges just about anywhere and allows a gown to flow effortlessly over the body, leaving an enviable silhouette. :whistling:

Last edited:
She is pregnant so I doubt that she is wearing SPANX...however the dress is too tigh for her condition...

The dress was too revealing and tacky IMO. The delicate color clashed with the tighness of the dress... One could detect her body from the back. Not a nice one for me... She looked like a miss something in a contest, wit that creased sash and all..

She doesn't have a condition she is pregnant. It was probably bought before she started to show so now fits snug .

It's time for Sofia to break down and get maternity clothes. Victoria attended an event where she couldn't button the last button on her jacket because of her pregnancy (and it didn't look good).

I don't like her look at all. Something does not fit maybe the boots i don't know :ermm:

I like her blouse either she needed narrower pants or different shoes.

I love her top! Very modern but still professional. And it accomodates this awkward stage of pregnancy :) Something is off with the pants and the shoes doesn't fit with it either, in my opinion.

I love her top! Very modern but still professional. And it accomodates this awkward stage of pregnancy :) Something is off with the pants and the shoes doesn't fit with it either, in my opinion.

:previous:
Logged in to comment but this sums it up better than I could!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom