Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 5: April 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love that green dress!

What an incredibly beautiful woman she is…

Really lovely outfit but kind of bored of the parted dangly hairstyle.

She's giving David Byrne in "Stop Making Sense" vibes. She looks awful. Full stop. Either you go with an oversized coat and more tailored trousers, or you go with a tailored coat and baggier trousers. You don't do both.

:previous: you can't do both, exactly. She looks like a pillar here.

The day outfit - not my cup of tea, but I think I need to get used to the oversized pants fashion trend.

Evening outfit - Not bad, but silver isn't her best colour. I think she's at her best in bright colours, just like her mother in law. But I do like the shoes!

Sofia in the evening at the dinner at the governor's
residence. The day look was horrible and this isn't good either.

Well, you have never liked anythings she's worn for the last 7 years, so why would you like this one?

The print of the dress makes me a bit dizzy, but the overall design and fit looks nice and flatters Princess Sofia's figure nicely. Nice hair and nice accessories.

Princess Sofia posed for next week's Swedish Children Radio's reading holiday week:

** Pic **

That bottom picture.

Girl.

Get thee to a hairdresser for a deep conditioning restorative treatment. Your ends are dry and ratty. Also, the "French tuck," where you only tuck in the front of your top...it's unattractive on everyone. Stop that.

Asides from the hairstyle Princess Sofia looks really nice.

The suit looks to baggy on Princess Sofia and I wish she tied her hair back.The colour however is nice.

Princess Sofia at the Riksdag dinner this evening, November 29, nice colour and cut for her, but I totally dislike the material of the dress:

** Full view ** Upper part **

The dress is too heavy, the cut is odd and it is too short.

Again she just failed to get the right dress length for the occasion......it does look heavy as it's longer than the original design (the original got a shorter length which balances the heavy fabric). (And I never understand why this Vampire's Wife became so popular among royal.)

I'm pleased to see Princess Sofia did something different with her hair but sadly the gown did not work nor did the shoes ;)

Sofia at the Global Child Forum at the Royal Palace today, December 1:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

I can’t believe Sofia has the audacity to carry a Balenciaga bag at this event, after the awful child exploitation they have been involved in. Can she be that tone deaf to carry this bag to the World Child Forum, out of ALL places?! ??*♀️

This is very poor taste and very unsuitable for a Princess. Totally horrible.

I can’t believe Sofia has the audacity to carry a Balenciaga bag at this event, after the awful child exploitation they have been involved in. Can she be that tone deaf to carry this bag to the World Child Forum, out of ALL places?! [emoji1749]*[emoji3601]

This is very poor taste and very unsuitable for a Princess. Totally horrible.
The Balenciaga campaign is an outrage and they deserve all the backlash they're getting. That said Princess Sofia is very serious about her work for children's rights and development and I'm sure that she knew nothing about the controversy at the time of the conference. If she had she wouldn't have carried the bag.
It might be a big story internationally and on social media, but so far it's not a big story in Sweden. It's hardly a story at all. I've found two articles in nationwide newspapers and nothing on the tv-news.

Last edited:
The Balenciaga campaign is an outrage and they deserve all the backlash they're getting. That said Princess Sofia is very serious about her work for children's rights and development and I'm sure that she knew nothing about the controversy at the time of the conference. If she had she wouldn't have carried the bag.
It might be a big story internationally and on social media, but so far it's not a big story in Sweden. It's hardly a story at all. I've found two articles in nationwide newspapers and nothing on the tv-news.

I think this is probably the right response. It’s probably an older bag she’s had for a long time, and I doubt she has a full time stylist whose job is to track the fashion world, the way a more high- profile royal might have. It’s probably just a bag, not any statement on the brand.

It’s actually internationally known and imo it’s not an excuse for her especially being a member of a royal family. I think you’re giving her too much credit. She has a team of people around her at all times and they know what the climate is with these types of situations. Heck, Balenciaga even has put out statements themselves and have started legal litigation for this offense as have many celebrities. My point is, how can she NOT know.

And to wear this bag to a forum about vulnerable children is pretty bad. And just because someone works with vulnerable children doesn’t always show what’s really in their heart. Lots of bad people work with children too - I’m not saying Sofia is like that - I’m just saying you can’t always tell.

With that said. She should burn that bag. I hope she never carries it again.

It’s actually internationally known and imo it’s not an excuse for her especially being a member of a royal family. I think you’re giving her too much credit. She has a team of people around her at all times and they know what the climate is with these types of situations. Heck, Balenciaga even has put out statements themselves and have started legal litigation for this offense as have many celebrities. My point is, how can she NOT know.

And to wear this bag to a forum about vulnerable children is pretty bad. And just because someone works with vulnerable children doesn’t always show what’s really in their heart. Lots of bad people work with children too - I’m not saying Sofia is like that - I’m just saying you can’t always tell.

With that said. She should burn that bag. I hope she never carries it again.

As I said it's not a story that has gotten much attention here in Sweden. Sofia might have a secretary, but I'm dead certain that both of them have more important things to do than scouring world-wide internet and social media sources for anything that could be deemed as controversial. Especially not to satisfy the whims of anonymous posters on internet forums.

Last edited:
As I said it's not a story that has gotten much attention here in Sweden. Sofia might have a secretary, but I'm dead certain that both of them have more important things to do than scouring world-wide internet and social media sources for anything that could be deemed as controversial. Especially not to satisfy the whims of anonymous posters on internet forums.

More important things to do than keeping up with heinous child exploitation and abuses? Apparently she is working with vulnerable children all the time with Project Playground and the World Childhood Forum, which discusses JUST THAT, so if you’re suggesting she not be up to date with one of the biggest fashion brands of this century that IS exploiting children then that’s not showing very good character.

Maybe she can go dedicate a bench in a park somewhere. That might be more her speed.

More important things to do than keeping up with heinous child exploitation and abuses? Apparently she is working with vulnerable children all the time with Project Playground and the World Childhood Forum, which discusses JUST THAT, so if you’re suggesting she not be up to date with one of the biggest fashion brands of this century that IS exploiting children then that’s not showing very good character.

Maybe she can go dedicate a bench in a park somewhere. That might be more her speed.

I'm in Sweden and I'm an avid newspaper reader, I'm also on all sorts of social media but I have no idea what you're talking about.

What utter gibberish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom