The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-18-2018, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Sofia in red at a seminar in connection with Queen Silvia's birthday at the Oscar Theatre in Stockholm today, December 18:

** Full view ** Full/Side view ** With a jacket **

Old 12-18-2018, 09:52 AM
Courtier

I wish the dress is either shorter (knee length) or longer (floor length). I think red really isn't her color, both recent red outfits are just off to me.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The colour is too bright (look at me) for the event, while I don't like the other outfits either it stands somehow out, in a bad way.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness

The dress is from Lilli Jahilo.
https://shop.lillijahilo.com/collect...ucts/adele-red
Old 12-18-2018, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

I don't mind the color, and rather like the sleeves and waistline, but the length is unflattering and doesn't seem appropriate for the event. The whole feeling of the dress is "trying too hard." I'd love to see it with about 5 inches lopped off the skirt, and then I think I'd like it a lot.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

The dress is too long and Sofia wears it at a wrong event. This was the queen's event, and Sofia should have worn something darker, not this "look at me" dress.
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/f...960x1030-c.jpg

And as so often, her hair is messy.
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...82b&m=mhpihkhe
Old 12-18-2018, 10:46 AM
Courtier

Wow, it is even worse in the group photo. She can wear it in any other event but apparently not today.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Dress is really awkward length. Needs to be shorter.

The style is lovely other then the length.

But the color is wrong for event, though she looks good in red.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
And as so often, her hair is messy.
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...82b&m=mhpihkhe
I honestly don't understand how anyone could think her hair is messy. If anything Madeleine's is even messier, though for the record I think both of them have their hair beautifully done for the event. Tendrils falling around the face isn't messy or sloppy and while Victoria also looks lovely, scraped back hair isn't Sofia or Madeleine's style and that doesn't make their looks messy just because they're of a different style.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Love the red dress on Sofia. Very elegant and wonderful for the holiday season. Best look of all the Swedish ladies.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't see how this dress is a ''Look at me!'' dress. She could have gone without the horrible flesh colored tights and the hem could have been a few inches shorter, resting more mid calf, but otherwise she looks lovely.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:30 PM
Courtier

I actually really love everything about this dress, including the length. I love the style, the fit, I think the length is just right. I run a bit hot and cold on Sofia's fashion choices and I typically either love them or hate them but this one is a definite winner.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:01 PM
Courtier

I love everything about this dress. The dress to me is not the problem, it's her shoes. She needed to be in some pumps/stilettos rather than a sling back stiletto. I think that's what is throwing me off about her look.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I really don't mind the colour however the shape/ lenght of the dress looked a bit odd on Sofia.

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:00 PM
Majesty

I think the colour looked well on Sofia and the dress was beautiful and fitted her perfectly. I think the length problem would have been solved by wearing different shoes. Ankle straps with a straight midi-dress just look weird, like someone chopped the photo. As to her hair? I like it, shiny, bouncy with a curl in the ponytail. It's a very happy ponytail.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:34 PM
Aristocracy

Sofia looks lovely, I really like her "messy" hairdo! The dress is elegant, but I agree, the combination with strap shoes looks weird. Simple pumps is the way to go with that dress length.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:40 PM
Majesty

i liked the red dress - very striking! shoes in red and lips in red too look too matchy-matchy for my liking too but i think red is sofia's colour.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Sofia is so lovely today and the color suit her!! And nice hair too!!
Old 12-18-2018, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, just the shoes were wrong for the dress. Nice hairdo
Old 12-19-2018, 03:58 AM
Courtier

What a cheerful red dress to wear before the Christmas. I like its timeless design and I think its especially flattering when seen from the side. I only wish she hadn't worn it with those skin colored tights and ankle straps shoes (ankle straps make legs seem chopped off!). Bonus points for choosing her dress from an Estonian fashion designer! There are more, so I hope she will check them out.

Very lovely ponytail. I hate the matronly and stuffy hairstyles, so I don't mind those strands at all.