Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 8: November 2017 - July 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that the top from her concert outfit is actually a light weight fuzzy sweater. While she looks really good, I am still not sold on the sheer over-skirt that is considerably longer than the skirt/lining underneath. This is one of those trends that I hope will die a swift death and not be repeated.

It’s already too late for it to die a swift death! It lingers on...

:previous: This was also the dress code for my great-uncle's funeral a few years ago as it was a celebration of his life instead of the traditional service, so it was, if one can use the word, a more "joyous" occasion (he was 96 when he died, just a few days short of 97, so he had lived a very long life). I felt a bit sombre wearing dark blue!

Madeleine looks beautiful.

Very simple, beautiful and elegant look from Madeleine. I like her shorter hairstyle.

Last edited:
A nice, simple white dress. Not sure whether the added belt goes with the built-in waistline

:previous: This was also the dress code for my great-uncle's funeral a few years ago as it was a celebration of his life instead of the traditional service, so it was, if one can use the word, a more "joyous" occasion (he was 96 when he died, just a few days short of 97, so he had lived a very long life). I felt a bit sombre wearing dark blue!

Madeleine looks beautiful.

Wearing light colors for a funeral has become increasingly common, but I would avoid wearing white as it is normally associated with royal mourning. If I am not mistaken, it was the standard mourning color for European queens up to the 15th or 16th centuries. In the 20th century, the tradition was resumed in the Netherlands and used for example in the funeral of Queen Juliana.

Wearing light colors for a funeral has become increasingly common, but I would avoid wearing white as it is normally associated with royal mourning. If I am not mistaken, it was the standard mourning color for European queens up to the 15th or 16th centuries. In the 20th century, the tradition was resumed in the Netherlands and used for example in the funeral of Queen Juliana.
In Sweden its not that uncommon to ask funeral guests to wear either bright colours or white so I guess it's up to the wishes of the deceased or the organiser of the funeral. When my cousin died her parents specifically requested a white funeral. Since I felt a little uncomfortable wearing all white (I actually like the ritual of wearing black) I wore white clothes and then a striped black and white sweater.

I'm not sure that what was traditional 500-600 years ago should be the standard anyone should be held to in the 21st century.

And the funeral was in Sweden not the Netherlands so a done once recently "tradition" by the Dutch Royals- I'm not really seeing how this is applicable for this funeral.

Perfect dress for her figure. Her hair is nicer shorter, I agree. The heels could be an inch lower to look elegant

Madeleine looks wonderful! The dress is a perfect fit!

Madeleine's outfit is fine but her hair doesn't look good at all. Either blond hair or darker, this doesn't look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how I feel about this outfit from Madeleine. The jacket isn't my cup of tea, but she looks fine.

Madeleine at a board meeting and seminar at the World Childhood Foundation in New York City today, September 12:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

She looks great. Love the elegant jacket.

Madeleine looking great in a lovely summer dress during a visit to a children's rights organization today, June 18:

** Full view & Upper part **

Beautiful dress but I dislike the belt.

I love the look. Beautiful skirt.

Madeleine looking good during an interview about her children's book:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

An elegant white outfit.

A beautiful look for Madeleine at the World Childhood Foundation USA's 20th Anniversary Thank You Gala 2019 yesterday, October 1:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Princess Madeleine looked really lovely and what a pretty hairstyle too.

I love that shade of blue on Madeleine; it compliments her nicely.

Gorgeous color...but not a fan of the outfit overall. The top is fine though..just not a fan of the rest.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom