The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-15-2019, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Such a breathtaking outfit! Madeleine looks so dreamy.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-17-2019, 11:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Madeleine looking great in a lovely summer dress during a visit to a children's rights organization today, June 18:

** Full view & Upper part **
A very and elegant dress. Love the print.

I love the look. Beautiful skirt and blouse.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:48 PM
Courtier

I just noticed that the top from her concert outfit is actually a light weight fuzzy sweater. While she looks really good, I am still not sold on the sheer over-skirt that is considerably longer than the skirt/lining underneath. This is one of those trends that I hope will die a swift death and not be repeated.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
I just noticed that the top from her concert outfit is actually a light weight fuzzy sweater. While she looks really good, I am still not sold on the sheer over-skirt that is considerably longer than the skirt/lining underneath. This is one of those trends that I hope will die a swift death and not be repeated.
It’s already too late for it to die a swift death! It lingers on...

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-18-2019, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Princesss Madeleine at the funeral of the family's friend Anki Wallenberg today, July 18. Guests were asked not to wear black:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
Old 07-18-2019, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

This was also the dress code for my great-uncle's funeral a few years ago as it was a celebration of his life instead of the traditional service, so it was, if one can use the word, a more "joyous" occasion (he was 96 when he died, just a few days short of 97, so he had lived a very long life). I felt a bit sombre wearing dark blue!

Madeleine looks beautiful.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:19 AM
Courtier

Very simple, beautiful and elegant look from Madeleine. I like her shorter hairstyle.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:08 AM
Courtier

A nice, simple white dress. Not sure whether the added belt goes with the built-in waistline
Old 07-19-2019, 07:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
This was also the dress code for my great-uncle's funeral a few years ago as it was a celebration of his life instead of the traditional service, so it was, if one can use the word, a more "joyous" occasion (he was 96 when he died, just a few days short of 97, so he had lived a very long life). I felt a bit sombre wearing dark blue!

Madeleine looks beautiful.

Wearing light colors for a funeral has become increasingly common, but I would avoid wearing white as it is normally associated with royal mourning. If I am not mistaken, it was the standard mourning color for European queens up to the 15th or 16th centuries. In the 20th century, the tradition was resumed in the Netherlands and used for example in the funeral of Queen Juliana.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Wearing light colors for a funeral has become increasingly common, but I would avoid wearing white as it is normally associated with royal mourning. If I am not mistaken, it was the standard mourning color for European queens up to the 15th or 16th centuries. In the 20th century, the tradition was resumed in the Netherlands and used for example in the funeral of Queen Juliana.
In Sweden its not that uncommon to ask funeral guests to wear either bright colours or white so I guess it's up to the wishes of the deceased or the organiser of the funeral. When my cousin died her parents specifically requested a white funeral. Since I felt a little uncomfortable wearing all white (I actually like the ritual of wearing black) I wore white clothes and then a striped black and white sweater.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I'm not sure that what was traditional 500-600 years ago should be the standard anyone should be held to in the 21st century.

And the funeral was in Sweden not the Netherlands so a done once recently "tradition" by the Dutch Royals- I'm not really seeing how this is applicable for this funeral.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:58 AM
Courtier

Well said.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Perfect dress for her figure. Her hair is nicer shorter, I agree. The heels could be an inch lower to look elegant
Old 07-19-2019, 10:39 AM
Serene Highness

Madeleine looks wonderful! The dress is a perfect fit!
Old 07-30-2019, 01:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Madeleine met Roger Lundgren at Solliden, Oland

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAq3BsnW...jpg&name=small
Old 07-30-2019, 02:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Madeleine met Roger Lundgren at Solliden, Oland

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAq3BsnW...jpg&name=small
Love the color but I dislike the design.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Madeleine at a board meeting and seminar at the World Childhood Foundation in New York City today, September 12:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
Old 09-12-2019, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine's outfit is fine but her hair doesn't look good at all. Either blond hair or darker, this doesn't look good.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Not sure how I feel about this outfit from Madeleine. The jacket isn't my cup of tea, but she looks fine.

Old 09-23-2019, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Madeleine at a board meeting and seminar at the World Childhood Foundation in New York City today, September 12:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
She looks great. Love the elegant jacket.

Quote:

Madeleine looking great in a lovely summer dress during a visit to a children's rights organization today, June 18:

** Full view & Upper part **
Beautiful dress but I dislike the belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Madeleine at the launch of the children¿s book "Stella och hemligheten" or "Stella and the secret" at Junibacken in Stockholm today 4 June

https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...c0a&m=gcdpoepc
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...c0a&m=objlaoao
https://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...c0a&m=mdkjijng
I love the look. Beautiful skirt.

Quote:

Madeleine looking good during an interview about her children's book:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
An elegant white outfit.