Princess Letizia's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Letizia and her clothes, very tailored but notice that 99.9% of her outfits are all suits? I'd love to see her in a dress - without a jacket over top of it. With the exception of her evening gowns, she's always in a jacket. I think she'd look fabulous in dresses.

I love Letizia and her clothes, very tailored but notice that 99.9% of her outfits are all suits? I'd love to see her in a dress - without a jacket over top of it. With the exception of her evening gowns, she's always in a jacket. I think she'd look fabulous in dresses. I love Letizia and her clothes, very tailored but notice that 99.9% of her outfits are all suits? I'd love to see her in a dress - without a jacket over top of it. With the exception of her evening gowns, she's always in a jacket. I think she'd look fabulous in dresses.

i think this is the only problem with letizia's wardrobe: monotony. she dresses beautifully and everything fits her perfectly and looks fabulous on her but we've seen the same outfit or the same kind of outfit 20 times before. which is why i like her pregnancy wardrobe because it's broken the habit to a degree...

In Palma. Pic from Terra. Originally posted by lula.

Another stunning outfit. I am loving day by day!

The shoes in the last picture looked a little funny. Perhaps she should have opted for an open toed flat sandal.

Letizia's pregnancy gowns/dress are lovely no matter in informal or formal dress, she matchs the gown/dress well...I didn't see (many) of her picture with a "strange" combination of pieces. I think she already finds what suit her and does not really want to try something too much different (may be because of it some people have seen it as "monoton style"). In my opinion most of her style choice is simple and elegant.

The glamour of Letizia's pregnancy

Since there was publicized the advertisement of the commitment of the Prince Felipe and the journalist at the time, Letizia Ortiz, the couple has been submitted to a great follow-up on the part of the press. But this has increased, and of that way!, when it was known that the Princess, finally, was pregnant.
They all want to see " tripita royal " and how the Princess of Asturias is dressed now that is in condition of good hope.
http://mujer.terra.es/muj/moda/articulo/letizia_glamour_embarazo_11654.htm

A few more, from this Summer:

(Photos from News.com, SeegerPress, Colourpress and AbacaPress)

Last edited:
Some actualisation...

(Photos from Colourpress, GettyImages, Face to Face, News.com and Terra)

Last edited:
This dress she took to the farewell reception in Palma was also signed by Felipe Varela:

(Photo from Colourpress)

That dress Letizia wore in Mallorca was fantastic, she looked really great in it and it emphasised her tan. It reminds me a little bit of a Narciso Rodriguez dress that Sarah Jessica Parker wore when she was quite heavily pregnant. I think it was for the Sex and the City book launch or a film premiere.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/2328253.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DEA3943ABEC7B30EE10A02D46E95A1D2DEA9C30E9B9B114CE8
That's the dress I was thinking of, but it's not actually that similar to Letizia's...

Last edited by a moderator:
September 6th 2005 - audiences in La Zarzuela;

September 12th 2005 - arriving in Czech Republic, to innaugurate the new Cervantes Institute of Prague.

(Photos from GettyImages and Terra)

The most recent ones:

(Photos from Diez Minutos and Yahoo)

Last edited:
MUM-TO-BE LETIZIA LOOKING JUST PEACHY

22 SEPTEMBER 2005

The pregnant wife of Spain's heir to the throne, now in her seventh month, continues to blossom as she performs her official duties, accompanying her husband Felipe to the Andalusian city of Seville.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/09/22/felipeandletizia/

Expecting their first child in November, Crown Prince Felipe and wife Letizia have been busily attending to official engagements

The princess, who wore a peach coloured top and cream trousers for the occasion, has been the image of understated elegance throughout her pregnancy

LaChicaMadrilena said:
http://www.elmundo.es/suplementos/cronica/2005/518/1126994414.html
An article from "El Mundo's" "Cronica" about Letizia's pegnancy style.
Translation:

Letizia Ortiz was not a participant of television contests, like Mette Marit, or a fashion victim, like Rania of Jordan. She was a liberal professional, who used to get dressed like that, and who now occupies a position of high civil employee of the State. Therefore, her main assignment is not to be creative of tendencies, but to be ambassador of the Spanish design. As the stylist Pepe Arellano says, "she has become an icon in the fashion of our country".

Some creators request a greater diversification from her. In addition to the Galician Adolfo Domínguez and the Madrilenian Felipe Varela, who dress her during the pregnancy period, there are also Basque, Riojian, Andalusian, Extremeños or Catalan designers. That was the success of the late Princess of Wales, who used to dress, as princess, only British designers. And that is, on the other hand, the failure pointed to her sister-in-law, the Duchess of Lugo, who shines a magnificent style, but wholly Italian and French, except for the pieces of Manolo Blanick, the canary shoemaker who soon will open a store in Madrid with his partners, the Duke of Lugo and Nati Abascal.

Some sociologists, like Pedro Mansilla, think that Letizia "dresses well". For a simple reason, "she has recovered something of the first times”. With the pregnancy, she has obtained a certain relaxation, because she sees herself in the position of the mother of a possible heir. And that strengthens herself", comments Mansilla. During these months of pregnancy, Doña Letizia has chosen some comfortable pieces from the collection of Adolfo Domínguez, loose shirts and wide trousers made in linen and cotton. Besides, she went shopping with her mother or strolled with Don Felipe by Asturias, with clothes of the Spanish label Mtmummy. Those stripped Capri pants, the jeans and the white romantic shirt with beige stripes that she shone in some photos belongs to the spring-summer collection of Mtmummy, stores that are also frequented by Infant Cristina and Alexia of Greece. Surprisingly, we have not seen the princess wearing clothes from Mothercare, mainly if we consider that those shops belong to the Villar-Mir companies, whose owner, Juan, is one the best friends of the Prince.

Probably we shall see her with discreet jewels of Le Cadó, designed by Schlesser, with the moon stone (which is the gem that gives power to the pregnant women) based on gold. Thus, the Cantabrian designer and the jeweller company of Castellón shall be present in her jeweller closet.

For the official acts, Doña Letizia has preferred Felipe Varela, who in spite of not having clothes for pregnant women, has adapted his pieces and has even created some special clothes for her. This time, neither Caprile, nor Palacio, nor Jorge Vázquez have been required. And even less Juana Martín, Lydia Delgado, Oliva, Murt, Larrainzar, Lomba or Berhanyer,of whom she does not have any clothes.

Pedro Mansilla thinks that "it is not good that, by commodity, she attaches her image to an only designer. The only thing that I criticize in her is that she must have the gentleness to get dressed by them all"; although it would be difficult to get dressed by some designers. Amaya Arzuaga, for example, said that she would never design a premother outfit for Letizia Ortiz.

Obtaining the opinion, among the Spanish designers, on the pregnancy style of the princess of Asturias has been like requesting the secret formula of Coca-Cola. Nobody remembers anything. Thus one has to be thankful to the Mallorcan José Miró, who had not yet the honour to dress her, but who makes a request to her: "a small touch of audacity, maintaining the style that she must take as princess". On his turn, the Galician Antonio Pernas would request her "to look more youthful and retro, with narrow trousers without folds and bodies with many frunces".

On the other hand, the Basque Fernando Lemoniez would "have emphasized more the magnificent figure that she has maintained until now with a dress, a jersey and a long écharpe".

Pepe Arellano thinks that "she has continued being faithful to the jackets, with French sleeves, V neckline and always coordinating the purse with high heel shoes". Miguel Palacio, who has already had the honour to dress her before the pregnancy, thinks that the pregnancy style of the princess seems "very correct". "I would not add skirts, or dresses. Each one must choose what makes one feel comfortable and what combines with our personality ".

Last edited:
These pants belong to the spring-summer collection of Mtmummy:

(Photo from Hola)

Last edited:
From Pressens Bild

527621793ef.jpg

527777026rf.jpg

527798752tz.jpg

527834533aw.jpg

527844384lv.jpg

528000629gh.jpg

528044243kk.jpg

528212388ij.jpg

My husband and I are planning to try for our second this year and I hope that I can look as gd as the Princess during and after my pregnacy...also i wish i cld hve some of her pregnacy outfits...they're so lovely!

By far the most stylish maternity outfits....and being pregnant this thread has given me plenty of ideas for outfits.....

wonder if she will use any of the earlier pregnancy fashion from the last time, what would you like to see again

im hope she will getting recycling pregnant clothing or she will have any idea for nice style of her pregnant clothing everyday

I hope Letizia recycles this outfit:

(Credit: Pressens Bild)

I love the peachy color, the clean lines, and the cut. Such a classy and elegant maternity outfit! I also hope Letizia wears a lot of the soft pinks she wore when she was pregant with Leonor, it made her seem so motherly. :flowers: :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom