Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 5: November 2009 - June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has some beautiful gowns but the pink dress in pic 4 in the middle row and the black & white on the bottom row are too casual looking for a gala gown.

She has some beautiful gowns but the pink dress in pic 4 in the middle row and the black & white on the bottom row are too casual looking for a gala gown.

Both outfits are evening outfits, not gala outfits. Gala means black or white tie dress code what rarely applies to the SRF apart from State Dinner occasions.

All posts on Letizia's fashion attending the Pascua Militar event has been moved to the
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion thread
since it is a daytime event.

Princess Letizia attends 25th anniversary of the Spanish confederation of associations of young entrepreneurs at IFEMA City Hall.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
I love the dress (although it´s mini). Lovely, different colour. It looks like a Mango. I just hope she would have had different colour of shoes and tights.

The dress is awful and tastless - far away from appropriate. If she'd be a 17 years old girl in London - okay. For her, for this event - no go !!!!!!

And the tights...the shoes....aaarrrrrghhhhh WHY ???????????????:eek::eek::eek::eek::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Princess Letizia at the Inaugural Gala of the Spanish Presidency of the European Union at the Royal Theatre tonight, recycling the outfit from the Prince of Asturias Awards.
Diario de Navarra
With the coat at the arriving:
Zimbio
Zimbio

^^ Too bad we can't see better pictures of her dress.

The dress is awful and tastless - far away from appropriate. If she'd be a 17 years old girl in London - okay. For her, for this event - no go !!!!!!

And the tights...the shoes....aaarrrrrghhhhh WHY ???????????????:eek::eek::eek::eek::bang::bang::bang::bang:
That burgundy outfit was posted a month ago, and in a different thread. :ermm:

Letizia looks nice tonight, IMO!
Black & navy blue is very fashionable this winter!!
Daylife
PPE
Also her hair looks nice tonight!
The cardigan is unnecessary, imo!

I like her black coat compared with the dress, I only wish she wouldn't always wear those plateau pumps. I agree that the cardigan wouldn't have been necessary. Overall I think she looks quite classy. :flowers:

I think she looks great today, this is a beautiful outfit. Nice to see this dress again, it´s just wonderful, and I love the coat, the clutch (lovely) and shoes. I also like a lot her hairdo and the stunning earrings. The only part of the outfit which I´m a bit dissapointed with it´s the cardigan: it´s unnecessary wearing a coat, IMO.
Overall, she looks amazing to me :flowers:

I dont mind her wearing the cardigan inside as the other ladies have jackets on and the blue beaded dress is probably sleeveless and if she hadnt worn the cardigan she would have looked out of place

Nice hair for this event

:previous: I agree, I was thinking the same thing. The Felipe Varela dress is most probably sleeveless. The rest of the ladies in the pictures are either wearing dress suits, skirt suits or pant suits, except for the two ladies I saw wearing evening dresses.

Btw, I liked the hairstyle she wore to this event better than the hairstyle she wore to the Prince of Asturias award, where she wore the dress previously.

I think over-all she looks lovely. Perhaps she felt chilly, thus the cardigan... I must say that I am happy that Felipe finally got rid of that awful beard! He looks soo much younger and ... cleaner. :)

I dont mind her wearing the cardigan inside as the other ladies have jackets on and the blue beaded dress is probably sleeveless and if she hadnt worn the cardigan she would have looked out of place

Nice hair for this event

Yes, the dress is sleeveless. Letizia wore it in India without the cardigan.
ANP Beeldbank

Well that's interesting. A Spanish designer makes exact replicas of Princes Letizia's dresses. You got to check it out :flowers:

La Verdad TV

The outfit is exactly the same as at the PoA awards, incl the cardigan.

I find the cardi too casual for this evening dress and I don't see the point in wearing an elegant sleeveless dress only to cover it up with an average cardi. Why not wear long sleeves in the first place like Sofia etc :p

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Asturias+Awards+Ceremony+2009+gsnQrlCOfXsl.jpg

This is such a great look! Beautiful dress and shoes, nice hair and make-up! This is exactly how a future Queen should look like IMO. :flowers:

2009 collage from Troonopvolgers:
http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/troonopvolgers/images/2009/12/22/eindjaar_galaletizia.jpg

Any bets on the first two outfits of the collage being repeated again in 2010 since they have been worn at exactly the same events in the past years (pascua militar, embassardor's reception) :p

I love the dresses at first picture in the first row and the first in the last row. But the golden dress is my favourite dress of Letizia.

Princess Letizia at the Inaugural Gala of the Spanish Presidency of the European Union at the Royal Theatre tonight, recycling the outfit from the Prince of Asturias Awards.
Diario de Navarra
With the coat at the arriving:
Zimbio
Zimbio

I like this dress, and the matching of navy and black actually works. :flowers:

Well that's interesting. A Spanish designer makes exact replicas of Princes Letizia's dresses. You got to check it out :flowers:

La Verdad TV
yes ...but the problem is to not seem ridiculous, for wear these gowns ladies have to be as thin and as pretty as Princess Letizia....:ROFLMAO:

Letizia looks very nice. It's a shame that when the various Princesses wear trousers, the pants get so creased. It ruins the entire outfit.

I have always liked this jacket. Letizia looks nice and she has different earrings this time, good for her.
Daylife
Daylife
The blouse is nice too, but the pants are awful.

I have always liked this jacket. Letizia looks nice and she has different earrings this time, good for her.
Daylife
Daylife
The blouse is nice too, but the pants are awful.
I dislike this style so casual imo,I miss sophistication,and I dislike shoes as always:eek:

The jacket looks so old-fashioned, but what made me wish I was blind is these horrible shiny trousers. OMG! At least I liked the earrings this time. They definitely don't save the day, but it's still something.

These horrid bell bottom satin pants are the kind which an ill-advised 16-year-old Disco Queen might wear (in a small village disco only, though), but they are a veritable eyesore on a woman in her late thirties who happens to be the wife of the heir to the Spanish throne.
Ghastly.

These horrid bell bottom satin pants are the kind which an ill-advised 16-year-old Disco Queen might wear (in a small village disco only, though), but they are a veritable eyesore on a woman in her late thirties who happens to be the wife of the heir to the Spanish throne.
Ghastly.

I agree completely, the look was well thought but the execution is horrible

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

The jacket is a repeat with ugly applications - the pants, no comment. As per previous poster, ghastly look. The hair looks dead and broken, Zarzuela seems to have sacked the hairdresser. Sofia doesnt need one with her one bottle of hairspray per day look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom