Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 16: October 2010 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 16 of the thread for Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion, Part 15 (August 2010 - October 2010) **
Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Okay, the look today just looks messy overall and like it was thrown together at the last minute.

I love the pants and the top. The cardigan is nice but with the outfit it's a bit too much grey IMO. The belt doesn't match the look IMO she should've worn a skinny belt if she really wanted to wear a belt. She could've pulled this look off with a nice black cardigan which is a bit long.

The coat while arriving looked 3 sizes too big.

Her outfit is just ok. Nothing bad, but nothing particularly great either. Her hair really isn't spectacular today either. I know some posters like the look, but I find it just so-so today.

I also think it's nothing excellent nor bad. The belt is not my cup of tea but the trousers look very nice, the more they're tight-fitting. Besides, this combination is too grey, I admit.

I think it is the person behind Crown Princess Letizia, who has got the briefcase.

No in the videos it is very clear that it she who carries the briefcase.
Besides, why shouldn't she have a briefcase?

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing arriving in Asturias - the dress looks new and i look forward to seeing pictures of it withour the coat

Not so sure, its rather disappointing. A casual cardi with a cheap looking shirt plus quite a short girlie skirt.

Letizia doesnt know anymore how to dress the part and she doesnt know how to stand, not a suitable posture for somebody wearing a short skirt. She looks way out of place next to Felipe, like the girl taking the notes or secretary.

http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/los-principes-llegan-oviedo/profimedia-0082175742.jpg

Avrilo Why does she have a briefcase????
See above :p the secretary usually carries the briefcase when travelling with the boss.

Last edited:
I have to agree with you, Duke. Now and then she looks great and almost like the Letizia of old, but for the most part she misses it completely. She looks out of place and seems uncomfortable.

That is interesting... when Letizia wears something short, she's ALWAYS criticized. Surprisingly, other Princesses have "great legs for short skirts" and it bothers no one... interesting, indeed.
Sorry, I know, off topic, but I just cound't resist. Don't get me wrong, I am not defending Letizia, I am just trying to understand why what's too short on Letizia, isn't too short on other Princesses...

:previous:
Other Crown Princesses and Princesses are criticised for wearing short skits and high slits (e.g., Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium). The ensemble is so so. It lacked a polished elegance. The ensemble would have been much better, if a sloppy cardigan were replaced with a jacket.
No in the videos it is very clear that it she who carries the briefcase.
Besides, why shouldn't she have a briefcase?
The briefcase must have a shoulder strap. Given the photo, Crown Princess Letizia's hands are busy with waiving and holding flowers.

Other Crown Princesses and Princesses are criticised for wearing short skits and high slits (e.g., Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium). The ensemble is so so. It lacked a polished elegance. The ensemble would have been much better, if a sloppy cardigan were replaced with a jacket.
The briefcase must have a shoulder strap. Given the photo, Crown Princess Letizia's hands are busy with waiving and holding flowers.

Check Mary's maternity thread, my posts. And check Victoria's evening thread. Last posts. That's what I am talking about.

Why does she have a briefcase????

It doesn't look like it's Letizia holding the briefcase. Rather someone standing next to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is impossible for me to determine whether or not Crown Princess Letizia faces more criticism for wearing dresses/skirts with short hemlines than the other counterparts. I believe that there is a false impression that everything Crown Princess Letizia does comes under intense scrutiny and she is under eternal onslaught. I like most of what Crown Princess Mary wears and the way she recycles her outfits. Crown Princess Mette-Marit's ensembles are mostly well-chosen. Crown Princess Mathilde's choices are all right. Crown Princess Maxima is criticised for some of her awkward choices and sloppy hairstyles. Crown Princess Victoria improved her outfits, but draws criticisms for her hairstyles. Perhaps the royal watchers do not create cheap tragedies over it.
check out the videos in the Prince of Asturias Awards 2010 thread, there you see very clearly the she is carrying the briefcase with her left hand, leaving her right hand available greeting people.
RTPA - Noticia: Los Prncipes de Asturias llegan a Oviedo para la entrega de los Premios
I stand corrected. The briefcase looked quite awkward in my personal opinion.

It is impossible for me to determine whether or not Crown Princess Letizia faces more criticism for wearing dresses/skirts with short hemlines than the other counterparts. I believe that there is a false impression that everything Crown Princess Letizia does comes under intense scrutiny and she is under eternal onslaught. I like most of what Crown Princess Mary wears and the way she recycles her outfits. Crown Princess Mette-Marit's ensembles are mostly well-chosen. Crown Princess Mathilde's choices are all right. Crown Princess Maxima is criticised for some of her awkward choices and sloppy hairstyles. Crown Princess Victoria improved her outfits, but draws criticisms for her hairstyles. Perhaps the royal watchers do not create cheap tragedies over it.

I stand corrected. The briefcase looked quite awkward in my personal opinion.

Are you suggesting I do? All I did was stated my opinion. I gave you two examples, can find more, if you wish.

Given your answer as well as predisposition to take everything personally, it makes no sense to continue to the discussion. I do apologise for attempting to answer the question.

Last edited:
Given your answer as well as predisposition to take everything personally, it would be better for you to discuss the issue in question with other members or by yourself. Additionally, I do apologise for giving my personal opinion on the matter.

Honey, you don't know me, you have no idea what my "predispositions" are. It's easy to judge someone. I did not start the discussion with you. I simply stated my opinion, to which you responded. Hence my response back.
Thank you for an advice though. So nice of you.

No need for apologies. I have nothing aganist your personal opinions. You have yours and I have mine. I do not need or have to change mine neither have you. It's easier if you understand that.

I did think when I first saw the picture that it looked awkward with the
couple carrying the briefcase. Where are the aids??!! I know, how pompous of me!!

Letizia looked lovely in the coat.

I also did not like the cardigan with the skirt, a jacket would have looked
more polished.

I really wish she could wear shoes that did not look so big on her. She is so dainty. I always think of Minnie Mouse and her big shoes!!! :lol:

The skirt worn in the daytime is really pretty, I do like teh print & its nice seeing her in print after such a while of solid colors. I like how she matched it with the cardigan and top but it gave it that unproffessional look. She had to match it up with a very fitted black jacket IMO and she wouldve looked in place.

Yesterday: The coat was very pretty. The skirt was ok, but the top was quite awful, it didnt´suit to the outfit at all.
Today´s dress is very beautiful, I like everything in it. Letizia has a lot of grey dresses. Even her hair looks nice today.

I definitely love Letizia's dress except for its non-fresh, gray colour -appealing vertical flower embellishment, wonderful horizontal pleats (of course, the princess has just the right waist to make them look attractive), good cut and appropriate length. The shoes' material is also quite pretty, i.m.o..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom