Princess Charlene's Maternity Fashion: May 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooohhh Lady Nimue...I am just the opposite..I get light-headed at the sight of a beautiful tiara worn with elegance! But I do understand about Charlene's hair, it's not exactly tiara friendly is it?

Without that long luxuriant hair from a century ago upon which to fasten the tiara, a tiara must be very cruel to the scalp. Near impossible to wear, in fact. JMO.

Anyway along with Kate, Charlene seems to avoid tiaras like the plague. In fact almost none of the young Royal women are often photographed in them.:ermm:

Just too uncomfortable, I think. Not worth it. Tiaras need to be redesigned, more like a headband. Letizia of Spain has done something with headbands.

Thank heaven for HGD Stephanie of Luxembourg!:whistling:

Yes, she has the hair and the stamina. Distracts from the clothes. With a tiara anything one wears looks good. ;)

Princess Charlene at the Prince Albert II of Monaco's Foundation' Award Ceremony in Palm Springs, California, on October 12, 2014, wearing a dress in blue:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Beautiful color but I don't like the dress.

Charlene looking lovely in white at the Princess Grace Awards Gala in Beverly Hills on October 8:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Close up ** Side view ** Upper part/Side view **

Amazing dress! Beautiful color and great simple style! One of her best looks.

Beautiful color but I don't like the dress.

Amazing dress! Beautiful color and great simple style! One of her best looks.

I agree, blue dress hideous. White dress stunning. Charlene, always lovely.

That white maternity evening gown is pure, elegant perfection.:whistling:

LOVE the white dress!

LaRae

I agree about the white gown. So beautiful, so delicate, so elegant. The best she's worn so far.

I SO agree with you, juliette! She looks almost ethereal.

Princess Charlene at the National Day in Monaco today, November 19. The outfit has something playful, funny, I like it:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Princess Charlene at the National Day in Monaco today, November 19. The outfit has something playful, funny, I like it:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I really like this outfit, very clean and the colors look good. From the front view it looks like a cape but the back view looks like it's a long waistcoat/cape style.

There's a strong, confident feel to this outfit - bold, striking use of black and white and and a little flamboyant. A very interesting choice and she looks so very happy.

Very chic and cutting edge styling. Love her cape and beret!

We didn't have a full view but I like the outifit... I spotted Akris immediately because its style is quite easy to recongnize... I would have change the colr though... And the cap didn't convince me but overall she looked good

From what I can see, I don't like the outfit at all. The hat is really cute though.

Last edited:
Love, love, love the ensemble. She's tired, facing the unknown of childbirth and motherhood while still having the oomph to get a new outfit, get dressed and get out on that balcony. What a gal...

Not keen on the outfit - prefer her in colour. But she seemed happy which is more important...

Have just looked at another picture of Charlene's outfit and have decided I really don't care for it. She looks like she's about to sweep a palette out from under her cape and start painting landscapes or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the coat - hopefully we'll get a better view of it later. Not sure if I like the all-white back (I would have just made it an accent peekaboo color).

Love love love love love the beret! She looks so happy and beautiful!

Love, love, love the ensemble. She's tired, facing the unknown of childbirth and motherhood while still having the oomph to get a new outfit, get dressed and get out on that balcony. What a gal...
I really admire her. Having a first pregnancy at her age is not a cake walk, carrying twins just doubles the likelihood of a premature birth and yet here she is throwing us a bone, and what a bone it is.

I think it was a shame that the background was very dark and made it hard to distinguish her hat but from what I could see . . . I love it. The cape is wonderful, it suits her but I am aware that there are coat people and their are cape people so lots of "oh, I don't like that" is to be expected

Not keen on the outfit - prefer her in colour. But she seemed happy which is more important...

Have just looked at another picture of Charlene's outfit and have decided I really don't care for it. She looks like she's about to sweep a palette out from under her cape and start painting landscapes or something.
Love this post. It cracks me up because for all the negative comments on the ensemble, Charlene looking happy is more important. And she certainly looks happy, as does Albert.

Yep! I agree. :flowers: She looks tired, at the end of carrying twins, but happy. A trooper.

Not crazy about this look I really donot like the beret I am just not a fan of this outfit.

She looked good.
I am one of those who like capes. The the colors look good too.
Usually i don´t like berets, but this one is very nice.

I liked the beret too. It suits her. Pity we can't see the full picture of the dress and cape. I admire her for wanting to dress up and appear in public at this stage of her pregnancy, but nice to see her one last time(I think) and looking so happy before the delivery of the babies.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Charlene looks wonderful! Black suits her a lot, and she seems to think so too as she wears a lot of it. ;) I have no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom