Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 7: November 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 7 of the thread for Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 6: July 2012 - November 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Well... Charlene looks great in a fierce 'fashion mag editorial' way in this clinging pantsuit and with her dramatic vamp make up, but this means at the same time that she looks quite wrong for the function and role she's supposed to have.

I like very much the pants and the top that Princess Charlene wore yesterday evening. She has the body to wear this sort of pants and top. Many wives can not wear this outfit.
I liked the dress she wore during the gifts at the croix rouge and the dress she wore when she received the grand croix de Saint Charles from Prince Albert.
A perfect princess.

I like very much the pants and the top that Princess Charlene wore yesterday evening. She has the body to wear this sort of pants and top. Many wives can not wear this outfit.
I liked the dress she wore during the gifts at the croix rouge and the dress she wore when she received the grand croix de Saint Charles from Prince Albert.
A perfect princess.

In this outfit:
Timeline Photos | Facebook

First time I see her in this type of hat. Too much like a flight attendant for me.

Last edited:
I love the top and her makeup but the pants are a bit casual for black tie IMO

This a wrong look for a black tie affair. I'm sorry, but I'm beginning to fislike Charlene's style. It may work for her, but not for her role. She has been having a lot of 'misses', in my opinion.

This a wrong look for a black tie affair. I'm sorry, but I'm beginning to fislike Charlene's style. It may work for her, but not for her role. She has been having a lot of 'misses', in my opinion.

I totally agree. To me it looks like Charlene doesn't care and doesn't try. The clothes she wears recently 90% of time do not suit the occasion nor her position.

For someone who claimed she will "bring fashion back to Monaco" she is doing a very bad job. IMO of course.

For someone who claimed she will "bring fashion back to Monaco" she is doing a very bad job. IMO of course.

Well as Oscar Wilde said "Fashion is what one wears ones self, unfashionable is what other people wear."
Most of the time I think she dresses quite well and appropriate in Monaco and abroad. I wasn't a fan of the tights/pants outfit worn recently but I have seen much worse on others and either way it isn't exactly the end of the world. JMO of course:D

I like the outfit on Charlene, it would definitely take someone tall and thin to pull it off. I'm not sure it's the right outfit for the occasion. Her makeup is nice but I would have liked it better with a lighter/nude lip. The fushia lipstick is a tad to goth for my tastes.
I wil say that the outfits for the last two daytime events have been very nice. Love the lace dress.

Last edited:
Well as Oscar Wilde said "Fashion is what one wears ones self, unfashionable is what other people wear."
Most of the time I think she dresses quite well and appropriate in Monaco and abroad. I wasn't a fan of the tights/pants outfit worn recently but I have seen much worse on others and either way it isn't exactly the end of the world. JMO of course:D

Well, I have to admit I don't agree with what Oscar Wilde said. I find many people fashionable (so to speak) or dressed nice / appropriate. Charlene is not one of them. She had some nice clothes but, sadly, she has been going down in her fashion choices lately. I don't like what Charlene is wearing lately and I do not find most of her outfits appropriate for occasions she wears them for.

Don't remember saying anything about the end of the world...

Well, since this is Charlene's fashion thread so I am talking about her fashion choices, not what I have seen on others.

I think Oscars point was when we look in the mirror at what we are wearing we think we look fashionable or at least nice, while others might disagree with our choice.

I think Oscars point was when we look in the mirror at what we are wearing we think we look fashionable or at least nice, while others might disagree with our choice.

I understood his comment in a way that what we wear ourselves we think is fashionable and what others wear we think it's not. But I agree, there may be many ways to read his comment.

I love the top and her makeup but the pants are a bit casual for black tie IMO

That outfit would have looked great at a rock concert or a soccer match. It does look nice on her but the event was a bit more formal that her outfit was.

I honestly think she has looked lovely. Some outfits are not the norm, but I still think she has carried them off amazingly well.

I very seldom even think she has not looked REALLY GREAT!!

She is young, quietly vibrant and lives in an area of the world that often is seen as pushing boundaries in fashion. Not stiff and staid like many other more northern European countries might be inclined to be...

You go Princess Charlene.....

Just like Princess Caroline rocked those shoes and high slit in her gown (which many won't consider appropriate for a lady of her age), PC perfectly carried off the skinny pants. This is Monaco, a playground where fashion is fun, fierce and 'forward'. She looked fantastic and perfectly on cue. I'm loving all her looks of the past week! :flowers:

She looks beautiful. No problem with the leggins. Do we have a pic of Caroline and her shoes?

Charlene reminds me a little bit on Zara Tindall.

Princess Charlene wearing a very elegant dress for this year's National Day in Monaco, November 19, 2012. I would have chosen another hat, but nevertheless she looked lovely:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

The coat dress is quite nice, but the overall look is ruined by the utterly unflattering hat - this model looks like something Princess Diana was glad to ban from her wardrobe forever in ca. 1985 and smashes poor Charlene's small head; terrible choice.

Boris said:
The coat dress is quite nice, but the overall look is ruined by the utterly unflattering hat - this model looks like something Princess Diana was glad to ban from her wardrobe forever in ca. 1985 and smashes poor Charlene's small head; terrible choice.

I agree, Boris. The hat does nothing for her face and an otherwise rather nice ensemble.

Not a fan of the hat either. The coat dress is nice, but I would have loved to have seen it belted.

Is Charlene in mourning? Has a friend or family member died recently? The coat is quite nice but the hat is horrible.

What an odd choice those black leggings were the other night. I don't always like what Princess Caroline wears, but she comprehensively outshone Charlene on that occasion.

The hat is bad and by that I mean really bad. Not a good choice IMO.

Albert looks proud as punch in Upper 2. I like the hat, plus we'ere not used to seeing proper hats, just those hideous fascinator things.

I love the outfit but hat is terrible. With such short hair cut that mushroom hat is not flattering. All in all though, she looks lovely.

Charlie Chaplin called, he wants his hat back :p
Horrible choice, not fond of the coat dress either, it looks too big to me.

The hat brings to mind an Edwardian lady going riding. While I like her short hair style, the hat makes her look like she has no hair.

Boris said:
Well... Charlene looks great in a fierce 'fashion mag editorial' way in this clinging pantsuit and with her dramatic vamp make up, but this means at the same time that she looks quite wrong for the function and role she's supposed to have.

I couldn't agree more!

IMO the coat dress was divine, but the hat was less successful. The fabric looks sumptuous, and the silhouette is so classic and flattering.

The hat looks like a bowler, which never works on women (and hasn't worked on a man since 1919).

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually love the hat.... The last picture slightly from the side is stunning....

Had her hair been tied up or in a chigon it would look very similar, so the short hair for me is not an issue!

I think its spot on! But JMHO.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom