Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the information about it being an evening event, NGalitzine.

Quite a deep V on that dress. She would've pulled the back off well with hair all up.
As it was a daytime dress, I would've liked to see the back have the same V cut as the front and not so low.

Yeah, I think I would have preferred her hair up with this particular style.

I've seen Charlene knock it out of the park, but IMO this outfit isn't one of her better looks.

Last edited:
Opening time 6pm local time. And I agree hair up would look better to the outfit.

Lovely outfit, great hair, glowing Princess- this is what we expect from a princess...

I love the shade of pink, but I think there are too many embellishments. I love the capped sleeves, and her hair looks very nice.

I don't like the embellishment's either (maybe if they were in such a strong silver) on the dress and the color is to similar to her skin tone. Her hair seems messy IMO. What I love seeing is the relaxed demeanor and lovely smile. The shoes are killer too...LOVE!

I would have liked the trim better if it was in the same peach/pink as the dress; the sequins would have given off a nice irridescendent sparkle even though it was in the same color and wouldn't have looked too OTT. Then she could have worn a necklace or pendant that wouldn't have competed against all the silver trim. Her hair would have been beautiful in an updo as well. But Charlene really does look quite elegant and happy.

Last edited:
The color is beautiful.I love the embellishments.

Princess Charlene wore a gorgeous outfit for the opening of the Grace Kelly exhibition Bendigo Museum on March 10, 2012 in Australia.
I absolutely love how Charlene looks; from the outfit to hairstyle, she looks so great! Not only is the ensemble very attractive, but the Princess is positively glowing; she appears to be having a wonderful time. :)

I agree, Artemisia. Feels very right for Australia, too - especially having the hair down considering the plunging v-back. She got it right imo. I would have been fine sans the cap sleeves - I am one of those who see her shoulders as her finest asset.

Comparing this to the Oscar Red Carpet walk I think we can safely assume that Charlene was dead tired by the time the Oscar event actually happened - from jet-lag and all the events she had been to prior. Here she looks rested and 'in the pink'. :)

I'm sorry, I can't agree. The cap sleeves make her shoulders look even broader than they actually are. I hate the slit at the front. The hair looks lank and lifeless. The shoes look like something a 17 year old would wear to the prom. The colour is the only redeeming feature for me.

One thing I will say is she seems happier today. Perhaps it's not coincidental that she seems happier when doing solo engagements?

It said in one article that she made her opening speech just after 6.30pm so this was definatley an early evening engagement making her dress entirley appropriate. I loved the dress and the shoes but the hair I only liked when she was outside. It looked shiny and soft when she was meeting the crowds but making the speech I though it looked a bit greasy as though too much product had been used on it.

The articles below show PC at a previous engagement at the Melbourne Aquatic Centre on the 9th of March and here, I have to say, I think she is perfection.

P.S. The articles are similar but show different pictures.

A fairytale in Bendigo as Charlene enters with grace

Fairytale in Bendigo as Charlene enters with grace

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I can't agree. The cap sleeves make her shoulders look even broader than they actually are. I hate the slit at the front. The hair looks lank and lifeless.

Agree 100%!!!

I'd like to add, to me the dress looks ill fitted/too big on Charlene. But she looks very alive & alert, not so semi-paralyzed like on other events.

Agree 100%!!!
I'd like to add, to me the dress looks ill fitted/too big on Charlene. But she looks very alive & alert, not so semi-paralyzed like on other events.

You know, that's probably what I liked most in Charlene's appearance during this event; she looked alive and happy. I did think the dress suited her, but her glowing appearance was far more fetching.

wow she is 5'11 that is tall, she must be the tallest princess ever, but that pink dress look blah but i love the colour, any she seems happy with was great compare to the oscar maybe she was happy because of the 800 people that were there to see her, that is a cool turn out!!:cool:

Charlene at a swim training center in Australis

Outfit by Akris. Like the pink dress this suit blends too closely with her skin tone IMO and look slightly to big on her arms. I like the hair and makeup.

http://i44.tinypic.com/1zvr6ag.jpg

I like the color on the model much better since Charlene's outfit looks too washed out.

Well I'm going to have to be the loner on this one. I think the peach/pink dress Charlene wore was very unflattering, bordering on ugly. I also hated the way she styled her hair, and from the pictures I have seen it looked like she had raccoon eyes. I will say that the shoes were lovely.
The suit is better than the dress, though the hair, skin and color of the suit are a little too similar. Despite this, Charlene looks beautiful as always.

Last edited:
I like Charlene's pink dress! She looks good imo. Also happy to see her smiling.

If the color of the suit were a little darker, Charlene would have looked absolutely fabulous. The beige blends in with her natural coloring, and makes her look rather washed out. Otherwise, the look is nice.

The pink dress, and the gold sandals, are way over the top for a small town in Australia like Bendigo. Being "properly" dressed as a royal has often more to do with being in sync with an audience than personal finances.

Her genuine smile and cheerfulnes enjoying what she's doing is what comes thru though despite her being overdressed.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I can't agree. The cap sleeves make her shoulders look even broader than they actually are. I hate the slit at the front. The hair looks lank and lifeless. The shoes look like something a 17 year old would wear to the prom. The colour is the only redeeming feature for me.

I agree as well. She looked nice in the suit though.

Well I'm going to have to be the loner on this one. I think the peach/pink dress Charlene wore was very unflattering, bordering on ugly. I also hated the way she styled her hair, and from the pictures I have seen it looked like she had raccoon eyes. I will say that the shoes were lovely.
The suit is better than the dress, though the hair, skin and color of the suit are a little too similar. Despite this, Charlene looks beautiful as always.

I have to agree and I'm sorry to say, but I didn't like the pink dress at all. The color is nice, but the cut and all just doesn't suit Charlene with her broad shoulders. Hairstyle and make-up look a bit sloppy to me and all in all the outfit is rather too glitzy for my taste. And I actually love glamor and I also actually like Charlene's style. Dunno what it is, but it seems all wrong to me.

Nevertheless, she seemed very happy. :flowers:

Charlene at a swim training center in Australis

Outfit by Akris. Like the pink dress this suit blends too closely with her skin tone IMO and look slightly to big on her arms. I like the hair and makeup.

http://i44.tinypic.com/1zvr6ag.jpg

To me the suit looks very dull, the shirt underneath should have been a different colour. Not liking the lose cut, trousers look too big while the closed top looks too tight.

The suit is nice in color & style but I find the jacket a bit too tight when closed.

Yet another bland, forgettable Akris number. It's just so boring.

I think the style of this outfit is great.
But it could have been a stronger color, red or dark blue.
I love Charlene's legs!!!

Both pants suit and dress looked odd on her IMO the trousers too long I think and the coat ill fitting. The pink dress made here look huge not fat huge and the shoulders particularly badly fitted ... custom made they say mmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom