Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange, Fashion & Style Part 1: December 2021-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange, Fashion & Style Part 1: December 2021-

Welcome to part 1 of the thread for Princess Catharina-Amalia’s Fashion & Style!

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Princess Catharina-Amalia on the photos released to mark her 18th birthday today, December 7, wearing two different dresses:

** gallery **

(..)
She looked so fresh , and wore a nice Dress. She walked perfectly with such high heels. Wearing a hat is not for young people anymore !

Last edited by a moderator:
She looked so fresh , and wore a nice Dress. She walked perfectly with such high heels. Wearing a hat is not for young people anymore !
Don't agree about the hat. There are plenty of ways for young ladies to wear hats.

I'd have preferred an updo hairstyle for the occasion as it was such an important event.

I loved the fashion formality of the occasion which appeared not too unlike Prinsjesdag but a little less formal on this unique occasion. The parliamentarian ladies really made an effort this winter.

Don't agree about the hat. There are plenty of ways for young ladies to wear hats.

I agree, and C-A may well wear hats in the future. I suspect she was just not comfortable doing so today.

:previous:

Both dresses were from the same brand, called LaDress. A Dutch brand created by Simone van Trojen. A rather affordable choice, at approx. 250 Euros a dress.

(..)

Not sure about walking perfectly on those high heels. She seemed to take any arm that was offered for some stability. Especially when going up and down stairs.

Give her time. I am sure the hats when appropriate and elegant updos will come in time as will the tiaras as her style matures :)

She sounded so poised and confident today as she gave her speech. Her parents, sisters, and grandmothers must be very proud of her today. :flowers:

Was the weather so warm? Why was she wearing such a light, short-sleeved dress in December?

Even with an open coat and indoor engagement, it seems like a very light, chilly dress for the weather, and lacking her mother's hat and gloves. Perhaps she's just inherited her dad's internal heater genes?

She choose this dress , she liked it. Her Hair was wonderful and needed no hat.
Queen Maxima was overdressed as Queen with gloves inside !

A disaster !
(..)

A big miss and looks like a baggy pajamas!

The suit is by MaxMara and is supposed to be this long. Oversized items are very much on trend these days. The clutch is by Jaquemus.

Source: modekoninginmaxima.

As we saw with Megan Markle, baggy suits are in. However, because of the PoO's height and stature I think she is able to pull it off quite well.

As we saw with Megan Markle, baggy suits are in. However, because of the PoO's height and stature I think she is able to pull it off quite well.

I wouldn't make the comparison. C-A looks smart in the suit, and has the stature to carry it off. Unfortumately, in my opinin, Meghan's suit looked sloppy and ill-fitted.

I think Amalia is very pretty, she could do without being buried under a ton of make up. The suit does not look attractive to me not because of being baggy but because of pyjama style.

My God how tall are the 3 girls?
I don't disagree with oversized shape but I dislike the stripes. It's like she had escaped from a prison.
The clutch is beautiful

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom