Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange, Fashion & Style Part 1: December 2021-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rather statuesque and has some nice details in the fabric upon closer inspection but the colour and the cut are IMO a bit aging for such a young girl. Perhaps it would look better without the see-through material on top, but that would not have been appropriate for this event of course. The outfit was designed by Taminiau says modekoninginmaxima.

The large amount of eye make-up is very much Máxima's style, I hope next time the make-up artist can adapt his or her skills for the princess. It could be the light of the cameras as well as on some photos it looks less overwhelming.

Last edited:
A like the deep red color on the Princess. She looks comfortable it her attire at the event as she slowly steps into Royal duties.

I like the red on her, but I wish the skirt has a lighter fabric (love the details though).

She looks beautiful. I love the red on her. I was hoping for a different tiara, like maybe the diamond bandeau??? I think the one she's wearing is a little too mature, imo.

Love her dress! And she rocks tiaras like her mother and grandmother! Glad to see her wearing some more substantial pieces - both in dress and in jewelry

I love the tiara and the dress color- my only minor quibble is with the sleeves. I’m not sure what I’d suggest as an alternative but they seem to be cut a little oddly. Other than that, it’s a great look.

I love the tiara and the dress color- my only minor quibble is with the sleeves. I’m not sure what I’d suggest as an alternative but they seem to be cut a little oddly. Other than that, it’s a great look.

There was something off about the sleeves. Maybe a little looser or longer would have helped.

The dress colors were lovely. She wears that tiara really well.

I just love her,her looks,het dress...She pulls it off,certainly for a 19 year young.Proud!

A lovely colour on the Princess of Orange and a really beautiful hairstyle too.
The upstyle really suits too!

A lovely colour on the Princess of Orange and a really beautiful hairstyle too.
The upstyle really suits too!

Yes, I agree. I am actually blown away by this 19-year old's brilliant flawless complexion. Such a lovely young lady.

Great dress, great color, and she wears it well. She made the outfit her own, so I don't think any of it was too old for her. She has the poise and stature to carry it.

I'm glad to see her wearing things that suit her, rather than things that are more her mother's style.

I loved her tiara and they made a work of art of her hair (although it looked better from the back than from the front). I didn't like the front with the see-through part on top. Imho it didn't work that well with her body type.

This was a great look and she looked more comfortable than usual. I'm hoping with time she grows more confident and comfortable because she has the poise and stature to pull off big jewels and gowns.

I dislike the design, I found the dress too much and too loud for Amalia.

I like the dress, especially the colour, but Amalia would have looked even better with a different neckline and sleeves.

The tiara was exquisite, but the dress was aging. Amalia needed something lighter, imo.

The tiara was exquisite, but the dress was aging. Amalia needed something lighter, imo.

I, too, thought the overall look did not work quite as well as I would have liked. But it is early days, and she has many years ahead to refine her look. I am sure she will have great help from her mother.

Why oh why? She clearly wanted to go for some kind of casual look but I'm not a fan.

Do you know whose wedding?

Prince Ferdinand zu Schwarzenberg and Marie Friling.

The bride, Marie, is the daughter of Antoine Friling; a friend of Willem-Alexander (and Máxima). Antoine was one of princess Ariane's godparents.

More information on the couple on Royal Musings. A nephew of the current Prince of Schwarzenberg and second in line to the headship of the house of Schwarzenberg, he is the future head of the house as his cousin (who is first in line) doesn't have children.

Last edited:
Off topic posts have been removed. Please discuss fashion choices only.

Nice to see her in an outfit that is not overly wide, creating a different silhouette. And the hair is pulled back as well.

Back
Top Bottom