Late Princess Diana's Fashion and Style

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to the combined thread for late Princess Diana's Fashion and Style!

The previous threads can be found here:

** Late Princess Diana's Eveningwear **

** Late Princess Diana's Daytime Fashion **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited:
I would have loved to seen Diana with long hair. I have only seen one pic of her with her hair past her shoulders a little bit. I'm not a big fan of tiara's on most royal women, but she could pull off the tiara look and they always looked good on her.

One of my favorite dresses she's worn is the blue dress she wore at the Cannes Film Festival. It was simple, yet stunning and regal.

I would normally find dresses like these too much, but I love this gown on Diana. It's very beautiful and interesting. The details and style are very regal.

Last edited:
She really came into her own fashion wise in the 90's after her divorce imo. Her 80's wardrobe was just too much, just like everything else in that decade.

Diana was so young and fresh and beautiful she got away with wearing some outfits that were just really not that great now that I look back at them.

She really came into her own fashion wise in the 90's after her divorce imo. Her 80's wardrobe was just too much, just like everything else in that decade.

Diana was so young and fresh and beautiful she got away with wearing some outfits that were just really not that great now that I look back at them.

There were some thing that weren't great though. I like the dynasty decades though, because we saw a lot of elegance and glamour during that period. Now everything is about being tight and showing lots of skin.

I liked Diana's business attire too. In the 90's, when she attended meetings and forums, she dressed very appropriately for it.

Dresses 3, 5 and 13 are comic and ugly. All the others are not my cup of tea but nice and elegant foe this fashion era.

A very regal dress.

LaRae

I have always hated that John Galliano navy slip dress she wore in New York. It was extremely unflattering in the bodice area. It could be that it just didn't photograph well and was lovely in person and in motion, but it looks cheap and ill-fitting.

The fluffy blue dress with the giant silver belt is spectacular.

I have always hated that John Galliano navy slip dress she wore in New York. It was extremely unflattering in the bodice area. It could be that it just didn't photograph well and was lovely in person and in motion, but it looks cheap and ill-fitting.

The fluffy blue dress with the giant silver belt is spectacular.

I couldn't agree more about the navy slip dress. I have seen it from multiple angles and it just doesn't flatter at all.

Oh yes other than the color that slip dress was not one of her great choices.

LaRae

What a great idea! And just in time for winter in the UK. I remember Diana wearing the jumper with the black sheep very well. I believe the daughter of Neville Wran, the then Premier of NSW gifted her it as a wedding present, if I remember right.

It appears here, partly obscured by the ‘man with the camera’. Just scroll down the article.

https://people.com/royals/princess-diana-iconic-purple-evening-gown-auctioned-for-over-600000/

‘In 1997, she chose the dress for a now iconic Vanity Fair photoshoot with Mario Testino. Titled "Diana Reborn," the July issue featured a candid chat with Diana and some of her closest friends on the decision to auction the gowns for charity.

"Nothing gives me more pleasure now than being able to love and help those in our society who are vulnerable," she said in the interview, the portraits of which were the last official pictures of her to be taken before her death in August 1997.

Last edited:
For some reason I cannot picture Diana in that dress at all. Are any of those "iconic pictures" around?

I had to re-link the title, I think I messed up a letter and ended in a blank page.
Re dress: I always thought of it as a black dress but must be the lighting on the old pictures. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom