Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 11: June 2020 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is way too tight up top showing lumps and bumps and doesn’t fit well even in the arm holes. Also the harsh yellow color is not for her. She doesn’t seem to have a stylist. There are many other styles that would be flattering to her, I would start with sleeves. A slight bell sleeve, half or three quarters.
The hairdresser is a dream, and beautiful diamond earrings though I wouldn’t wear drop earrings around a baby that age. The necklace is too old for her
The whole idea is to feel comfortable, and confident.
Feeling like you can’t breathe in a dress, that the baby may grab the earrings shouldn’t be happening

The dress is way too tight up top showing lumps and bumps and doesn’t fit well even in the arm holes. Also the harsh yellow color is not for her. She doesn’t seem to have a stylist. There are many other styles that would be flattering to her, I would start with sleeves. A slight bell sleeve, half or three quarters.
The hairdresser is a dream, and beautiful diamond earrings though I wouldn’t wear drop earrings around a baby that age. The necklace is too old for her
Feeling like you can’t breathe in a dress, that the baby may grab the earrings shouldn’t be happening

She definitely needs a stylist

Problem with a stylist you clearly cant please everyone.

The yellow isn't harsh, its fantastic on her. She looks great in vibrant colors. If anyone looks bad in yellow at the event its Claire who looks like a banana.

Not all babies are grabby. She has common sense. If she was worried about her son grabbing for her earrings she could have worn another pair.

And 'old' is like the color, a matter of opinion. Some people love when royal women wear pearls. Others think they look like they belong in the 50s. Same issue with this necklace.

The dress indeed did fit tightly. When it was chosen she likely thought she would have lost more weight by then from the birth. Its unfortunate size wise she didn't change the dress. The style itself is fine, its the fit.

It looks yellow in the photos, but peach on the HGD. It's a pretty dress, imo but the fit especially around the bust not good.

I agree with Countessmeout that Claire does not look her best in that frumpy yellow dress and those flat blue Mary Janes.

Last edited:
What a lovely idea! Stephanie looks fantastic. I wish she had worn those shoes with the peach dress.

HGD Stephanie attend at a ceremony in honour of the birth of Prince Charles a tree was planted at 'Parc Pescatore' in Luxembourg City.

https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/cef...rtv3/89f55ae4f55c3ce33e8f95556134fe90c481bd4d
https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/4ec...rtv3/259305931e51d595beaa47ab37d3a786e5d97284

although the fit isn't great, i like the happy summery colours.

yes, stephanie has been a fan of paule ka for a long time, and she tends to pick it for big events (state visit by belgium, kate's official visit). i wouldn't say it is my preferred designer on her though. i'd stick with the lovely gowns by elie saab for the evening gowns for example.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-npj746ri...kXAqi4LpGv8M3o5ssV-QCLcB/s595/Stephanie-1.jpg
https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...88b1a/1518837388507/_LUX0643.jpg?format=1500w
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/13/53/8e/13538eee7f3544f089fdf4fbe8513e50.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HX20UPLS...PAULE-KA-Coral-bow-embellished-midi-dress.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tMf2oBob...B/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/2017-0511-katelux6.png

This dress is better but way too much volume. I saw it on the model, will try to post, it couldn’t look good on anyone

I love this fantastic dress with the wonderful colours. Original and beautiful !

I agree with you, I think due to the pregnancy she is not back to her previous shape, which is normal, I think she should had chosen another dress, another colour, with sleeves may be even a little bit more formal, with high heels, and her hair was incredible!

I keep seeing Stephanie's dress described as yellow, but I don't see it. It looks peach, imo.:ermm:

Stephanie’s dress reminds me of Cheeto’s, even a cheese color....how about it’s a yellow orange dress or an orange yellow dress. No matter she was one happy and proud mommy!

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie during an interview with RTL Today that was aired yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Really beautiful ! Radiant with happiness ! She deserves it !

She and Guillaume seem very relaxed and bonded with Charles, as if they have been parents for years instead of months. They also spoke in the interview about how exhausting it was for the first few weeks.

I wonder if they have a baby nurse?

There is casual and there is sloppy, this is sloppy. Everyone lease, including her husband looks casual but presentable

They dress as if they are 80+ years of age and it indeed looks sloppy, even for an informal occasion.
But it is great to see them both look so happy since the birth of their son.

Last edited:
I like Stephanie a lot.....she is brave, intelligent and dignified. But her fashion sense is quite frankly atrocious. She can do better because we have seen her.

No one is expecting her to look like a model or a fashionista but in the not too distant future she is going to be the wife of a Head of State...the face of the Grand Duchy. The Luxembourgers deserve better.

She has the means to hire a stylist...and she should. Soon.:ermm:

This look is fine for a very casual events imho. I am a big Stephanie fan.

So am I however fashion has never been in her wheelhouse and even some of her formal events are cringeworthy. She is a very intelligent, well-educated woman with an empathic nature. (IMO). But her wardrobe should be designated as a disaster area. Not because her clothes and accessories are awful, quite the opposite in fact.

Stephanie probably spent more time selecting necessities for her baby than she has choosing her own clothes. What she needs is someone special to renovate her wardrobe. Chuck out too small items, arrange for a seamstress to alter what's left to fit her properly and organize hats, shoes and handbags in such a way that she doesn't need to worry about what clashes with what.

I say play to your strengths and seek assistance to minimize stress for what's left over.

This look is fine for a very casual events imho. I am a big Stephanie fan.

The appearance at Fischbach with the midwives was fine. My comments were directed at the getup she wore to the wedding with that ratty looking fur stole....NOT good at all imo.:ermm:

The appearance at Fischbach with the midwives was fine. My comments were directed at the getup she wore to the wedding with that ratty looking fur stole....NOT good at all imo.:ermm:

The wedding was a private event, her personal down time. Not even the most stylish royals use a stylist in their down time usually.

Now if she showed up to some formal official event with that fur stole an such that would be another matter.

Stephanie wore the fur stole to the Dutch inauguration water pageant and dinner in 2013. Maria Teresa previously wore it during the state visit to Belgium in 2007.

Luxarazzi 101: Royal Recycling and Clothes Sharing Vol. 7

As for the meeting with Luxembourg association of midwives, I think Stephanie's outfit was fine (draped cardigan, plain top, narrow pants) but hair could have been better.

The wedding was a private event, her personal down time. Not even the most stylish royals use a stylist in their down time usually.

Now if she showed up to some formal official event with that fur stole an such that would be another matter.

Private or public she looked like Ma Kettle at that wedding.

Sorry to say so because of all the current crop of young Princesses, I feel the most affinity for her. I have always rooted for HGD Stephanie.

Last edited:
I can't be objective. I adore her. And I love to see she is not desperate to lose weight after she had their Beautiful baby. She seems to be enjoying everything happening to her and anything she wears suits her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom