The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-24-2018, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Máxima is over a decade older and looks more youthful when it comes to dress choices. I see no reason for Stephanie to wear the hand me downs from MT. Even though they are great dresses, they do nothing for her.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Stephanie's gown tonight is stunning.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Pretty dress, excellent hair, and great jewels! Another Elie Saab gown from GD Maria Teresa and more successfully altered.

https://twitter.com/SydneyLux/status/999737123690438656

https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/9e0f...f331ea0d217247
Perfect! That gown suits Stephanie to an absolute "T"...she looks like an angel!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-24-2018, 08:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Look at the bling on her neck!

LaRae
Old 05-24-2018, 08:10 PM
Royal Highness

Poor girl! This family should allow her to have her own dresses.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:23 PM
Majesty

Perhaps ... the hand me downs on Luxembourg younger royal women are meant to demonstrate thriftiness. At the same time, the dress per se was not the best piece by Elie Saab. Hairstyle and jewllery were nice though.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:26 PM
Courtier

Neither of these two dresses was flattering on Stephanie. She needs to ditch this upper body design.

Happy to see the bling though.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Last night's look was an example of why dresses recycled by other people often doesn't work out. Tonight though is a prime example of when it does.

This is an occasion when the gown actually looks much better on the second wearer. Maria Theresa it didn't flatter at all. It looked like she was shopping in her daughter's closet and not the other way around. It reminds me of a woman who lost a lot of weight and found their old prom dress and said 'wow look what I fit into again'. It looked way too young on her.

It looks beautiful on Stephanie. A lovely summer look on her.

And wow on the stunning hair and the gorgeous jewels as well.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:45 PM
Heir Apparent

A more successful alteration but still doesn’t suit. MT wore both with the shoulder straps very wide or shoulders bare. Stephanie seems to wear both dresses with the shoulder straps as far in as possible. Her body language mist starting to worry me after almost six years in the public eye.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:11 AM
Majesty

(..)
Even in her more successful outings like her stunning appearance at Cannes last year in that white gown and dripping jewels, she did not seem quite at ease.

Charlene of Monaco was once the same way. Motherhood was THE game changer for her. My hope-prayer actually- is that it will be the same for Stephanie.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-25-2018, 05:59 AM
Commoner

Stephanie is stunning and it is disappointing to see her in "hand me downs". Especially when they come from a lady who was unhappy with her own Mother in Law some years ago.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:59 AM
Royal Highness

I, too, am perplexed as to why she wears hand-me-downs on such a consistent basis. Being thrifty is one thing —- but this has. Ie crosses into the strange territory.

JMHO —- but, I don’t think Stephanie is into being a royal and all that entails.

Once again —- JMHO!
Old 05-25-2018, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Stéphanie looking lovely in white with some yellow highlights during the send-off for the Dutch guests today, May 25:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Back view **
Old 05-25-2018, 10:41 AM
Courtier

Is the hat supposed to worn like this? It looks like a calot to me, which should've been worn at the back of the head, unlike like a percher?
Old 05-25-2018, 10:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know what all they do, if they do more than what we see...but they don't seem to have huge amounts of engagements. The sharing of the clothing isn't so odd I guess, the Swedish (royal family) women do that too. Difference, to me, is that due to the height and different body types it doesn't seem like Stephanie would fit well into her mother in laws clothing.

(..)

The hat is definately a miss for me.

LaRae
Old 05-25-2018, 10:59 AM
Majesty

(..)

That white dress is okay, but I do not like the hat at all.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Good send-off outfit. I remember seeing this dress on Paule Ka? Unfortunately, I can't find it right now. Will wait for Luxarazzi's fashion post. While not the best hat, I like the tilted placement and would love to see the dress without the belt.

(..)
Old 05-25-2018, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

She looks really nice, I, too, would like to see the dress without the belt.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:36 PM
Administrator

A number of off-topic posts have been deleted. Please discuss fashion issues only, thank you!
Old 05-26-2018, 01:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
Stephanie is stunning and it is disappointing to see her in "hand me downs". Especially when they come from a lady who was unhappy with her own Mother in Law some years ago.
I get the idea that Stephanie is not exactly a master shopper. It really doesn't seem to matter all that much. As to Maria Theresa, she is a very well loved mother-in-law to all her daughters in law. Having been so badly treated herself, she wants her family to be happy. I think that is why all of the women have worn their MIL's gowns. Stephanie just needs a stylist.

And then, of course, there was the return dinner', gorgeous floral chiffon in the must delicious colour imaginable. And doesn't it make our Stephanie look positively blooming?

https://scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram...60557312_n.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
(..)

That white dress is okay, but I do not like the hat at all.
I think the white dress is very flattering and the belt does work with the hat, however, I think the hat is set at the worst possible angle as opposed to the right one.