Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 15: June 2020 - May 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On their visit to Somao.

I like Sofia's look, always loved vests, and her overall look was very stylish, though it looks more of a night to the cinema than an official visit to a village to give an award.

Leonor's look is more formal than her sister's. But I'm not a fan of that coat on Leonor. It ages her a little bit (not in a good way). I loved last year's looks much much more.

I don't love Leonor's dress. I usually like what both she and Sofia wear, but this looks a little dowdy and matronly for me, like something that her grandmother would be more likely to wear. I do like that she wore heels while Sofia wore flats... Sofia is quite tall and mature-looking, and I think she looks older in general than Leonor, so I wonder if this was a subtle way for Leonor to be the mature one tonight.

I think so! Except for the color I like this dress and heels on Leonor. The color of Sofia's dress looks very nice on her, but the style doesn't. Pretty dress but not the fit.

At the end of the day this is The section to discuss the clothing and dress choices of Kid Royals. Of course people are going to have different opinions and disagree with the choices the young people( or their parents make).

Very rarely has Anyone ever criticized the young Royals In Question Personally or made derogatory/nasty comments. Those passing trolls are quickly sent packing. saying you don’t Personally like a color or length or design of So and So girls dress Is ridiculously far from that.

Absolutely agree with this. Perhaps we have all understandably become a bit more sensitive during the pandemic, but I don't think anyone here was making particularly nasty remarks. Most people on TRF are generally respectful, as they should be, when the royal children and teens are concerned.

"

Who do you think actually has final say what they wear for engagements? Is it the girls, Letizia, a stylist, by committee or all three?

Probably Letizia with input from a stylist. The girls may have a say in casual wear, but probably not in an event like the Princess of Asturias Awards Ceremony.

Absolutely agree with this. Perhaps we have all understandably become a bit more sensitive during the pandemic, but I don't think anyone here was making particularly nasty remarks. Most people on TRF are generally respectful, as they should be, when the royal children and teens are concerned.

Well, I think it is nasty, or at least unnecessary to say that a 14-year-old girl was dressed like she "had borrowed her dress from her grandmother", which more than one poster said in this thread.

Last edited:
Well, I think it is nasty, or at least unnecessary to say that a 14-year-old girl was dressed like she "had borrowed her dress from her grandmother", which more than one poster said in this thread.

As more than one poster has said, no one is criticizing Leonor, who almost certainly did not have 100% say whether she wanted to wear that dress — or not!

There is nothing nasty about factually pointing out it was unflattering in nearly all ways (color, cut, ornamentation, and style), or that it did unfortunately look more suited to Queen Sofia's taste. That's fashion. (Yaya Sofia also probably has tons of authentic vintage things Leonor could or will look great in.)

The Princess of Asturias is a lovely child. This is where we discuss whether her clothes (again, almost certainly not entirely by her choice) are reflecting that. Or not. Just the clothes. Not the girl inside them. Not just her. All the young royal ladies (and the boys, should they happen to wear anything of note). Right now she and her sister are walking the purple carpet.

Last edited:
As more than one poster has said, no one is criticizing Leonor, who almost certainly did not have 100% say whether she wanted to wear that dress — or not!

There is nothing nasty about factually pointing out it was unflattering in nearly all ways (color, cut, ornamentation, and style), or that it did unfortunately look more suited to Queen Sofia's taste. That's fashion. (Yaya Sofia also probably has tons of authentic vintage things Leonor could or will look great in.)

The Princess of Asturias is a lovely child. This is where we discuss whether her clothes (again, almost certainly not entirely by her choice) are reflecting that. Or not. Just the clothes. Not the girl inside them. Not just her. All the young royal ladies (and the boys, should they happen to wear anything of note). Right now she and her sister are walking the purple carpet.

Agree. I think this is being blown out of proportion. I do not like to criticise the younger children’s outfits, but Leonor is getting of an age where she is wearing clothes from adult brands with more adult like appearances. As long as criticism is done constructively and left at the clothes themselves rather than the children (because I agree that would be nasty), I do not see a problem with it.

I can’t speak for all posters who share the opinion that the dress looked like something from Queen Sofia’s closet, but when I made the observation I thought that in more of the style of THE DRESS itself rather than Leonor. And I would have said the same if any other royal were wearing it. It’s the clothes people are criticising, not Leonor.

I think Leonor is at a difficult age to dress especially for more formal events - she is growing up but it can be a difficult stage to get the right balance between young girl and young adult.

On this occasion the outfit for the evening event at the PoA Awards didn't work - it was too straight, too dull and too old for her.

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella at the 2nd International Pétanque Challenge of Prince Hereditaire Jacques of Monaco last weekend:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

It is simply that in Spain, a 13-year-old girl does not wear heels.

Last edited:
I don't love Leonor's dress. I usually like what both she and Sofia wear, but this looks a little dowdy and matronly for me, like something that her grandmother would be more likely to wear. I do like that she wore heels while Sofia wore flats... Sofia is quite tall and mature-looking, and I think she looks older in general than Leonor, so I wonder if this was a subtle way for Leonor to be the mature one tonight.

It is simply that in Spain, a 13-year-old girl does not wear heels.

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella at the 2nd International Pétanque Challenge of Prince Hereditaire Jacques of Monaco last weekend:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I love Gabriella's little cape- very chic!

They are beautiful children. I cannot get over how quickly they are growing up, Jacques in particular is going to be very tall. I LOVE Gabriella's hairstyle!

Best looking of the three :) And really fun how she is wearing the same type of overcoat as her mother; but combined with black (which looks better imho and works well with her grandfather's outfit).

Estelle is showing quite an eye for style her last few outfits/outings.

Estelle has gotten so pretty! I also love her "mature" style, and I can feel that she chooses some of the clothes herself ;)

I like the brown-beige coat, which combines with her mother's coat. But also the black elements, which go well with grandpa's attire. I also like her with long hair.

I love the look. Estelle looks so mature. :flowers:

A coat very similar to mom but black accessories like grandpa’s coat.

Estelle looks so grown up! It seems like this'll be a glimpse of her tween/teen style for public events.

Best looking of the three :) And really fun how she is wearing the same type of overcoat as her mother; but combined with black (which looks better imho and works well with her grandfather's outfit).

Agreed. She is the best dressed. The black combination really makes outfit work.

Estelle is very cute, and very stylish! I like the combination of the brown and the black and the colours really suit her.
And, of course, the bag with the horse on it is great accessorizing! ?

Gabriella's whole look was very lovely aligned with Jacques' uniform, nice to see:

** Pic **

Is Gabriella’s hair cut short or turned under and pinned up? She is so cute.

I love the picture of Jacques saluting. He and daddy have been practicing.

The three, mom and children, colored coordinated! Such precious memories. Very well behaved children....all of them.

Gabriella is really cute! Her dress is really beautiful and, while certainly it has been chosen to coordinate her with her brother and her parents as well, I find a bit of resemblance with the Duchess of Cambridge's outfit from the Remembrance Sunday of 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom