Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 8: July 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 8 of the thread for the Fashion and Style of royal men!

You can find the old thread here:

** Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 7: September 2021 - July 2022 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Harry wore a Dior suit in NY, as confirmed by a tweet by Dior.

Might this be product placement by Harry?
Not more product placement than all the clothes worn by royal ladies. We often see labels communicate when their clothes are worn by royal ladies. The suit looks good on Harry. Nicely tailored and with a nice fit. It's a pity that he kept it unbuttoned.

Last edited:
Now I'm wondering if Joachim has more than one pair of red shoes or if those are the same ones from, like, last year?

:previous: I didn't get passed the shoes. Are they radioactive?:previous: ?

:previous: I didn't get passed the shoes. Are they radioactive?:previous: ?

There is of course a perfectly rational explanation.

You see Joachim, our Marie and the children are fond of late evening walks in the vicinity of Chateau Cayz.
Being out in the countryside the paths and lanes are not lit by streetlights and that means you can't see your feet when it gets dark. As such it's easy to become separated.
So Joachim's footwear, apart from being refreshingly festive as can be expected by a man of Joachim's caliber, also acts as a beacon, should members of his family not least the family dog become separated.
The glowing red hue emitted from his shoes can be seen far and wide in the dark.
Thus Joachim keeps his family safe. :cool:

Very nice!
Frederik is in his summer mode shorts ;)

What's the pattern? Can't make it out. Camouflage or curtain?

I notice that some of the gentlemen forgot to breathe in and hold their breath. A very common omission when you get past 45... ;)

:previous: OMG, they're floral! Where was Mary when he purchased them or does he perhaps have a secret shopper? Still, he has the legs for board shorts so we shouldn't complain . . . I guess . . .

:previous: OMG, they're floral! Where was Mary when he purchased them or does he perhaps have a secret shopper? Still, he has the legs for board shorts so we shouldn't complain . . . I guess . . .

Shorts like these with floral prints and / or camouflage were very popular around 2010, I suspect Fred's are lingering around from then.

I am not fussed with the pattern of Fred's boardshorts. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shorts like these with floral prints and / or camouflage were very popular around 2010, I suspect Fred's are lingering around from then.

I found of a picture of Frederik with these shorts from 2012...so at least 10 years :flowers:
He looks good

It is all down to the fact that Joachim is a perfect gentleman.

Normally Joachim would never wear such... additions... outside dark lanes near Chateau Cayz.
However, our Marie found his shoes so endearing - infatuated ladies sometimes do - that she purchased a pair of shoes and a matching belt for him to wear for other occasions.
She laid out the belt and shoes for at home and seeing the loving expression in the eyes of his wife, with his daughter also expressing her expectation for dad to wear this, Joachim suppressed a very natural urge of throwing the shoes and belt out the window and put them on.
A perfect gentleman will never ever refuse a lady's wish - that is an impossibility.

So Joachim, as we can see here, put on his best face and suffered in silence.

These shoes and the belt will no doubt soon be mislaid and end up adorning a scarecrow somewhere.

- A perfectly rational explanation, told to me by sources. ?

I think he's a perfect gentleman enjoying wearing them in summer while he can. :cool:

Now whether he'll make Carl Gustav-sized seasonal fashion missteps over the next twenty years, we'll see.

The slacks that Prince Joachim chose to wear do not clash with his red belt. The color of his slacks is a safe summer color.

King Felipe casual and colour coordinating with daughter Sofia ;) for dinner in Palma last night, August 5:

** Full view **

Those aren't "jeans", but simply looser white pants which are quite common in climates and places like Mallorca, especially considering it's summer and especially with long guyabera-style shirts.

He is a dad. I'm not sure how he's meant to dress any more stylishly or how he's very different from most of his royal contemporaries, but I think Felipe looks pretty good, even with shorts. His beard could possibly use a touch of color to make it greyer instead of white, but that's his business (for all we know, he stopped coloring it). He's got gravitas with it either way.

There are kings who make me want to cry with the difference in their professional and casual wardrobes, but Felipe isn't one of them.

As perfect as Felipe is dressed professionally it really goes downhill in private outfits. Very dated and frumpy. Those white dad jeans - ick!
http://estaticos-cdn.prensaiberica....5700a0490e2_source-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

The beard may be there to give a more serious image but it easily adds five or more years to the suspected age.

Not quite sure I expect HM The King to be dressed in the cutting edge of fashion. Personally, I do not see Felipe's clothing to be dated or frumpy, they were perfectly acceptable summer wear on an island, IMO.

The Belgian men and boys always have excellent taste on tie, they are neither some common pattern like striped or checked pattern, nor some dramatic design with overwhelming colour, but just interesting enough to attract you to look at them.

Back
Top Bottom