Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 7: September 2021 - July 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Would Haakon's tie look better if the colors were eliminated except for the light blue?

They are windshields. Something to do with him walking fast.
So someone told me. - Or perhaps I dreamed it... :ermm:

Daniel is a perfect gentleman and therefore above reproach.

And being a perfect gentleman, he usually walks with his hands behind his back. However, one should wear a double-breasted suit when one has one's hands behind the back. Otherwise the tie will "drip" below the button. And we don't want that, no.
He has no handkerchief. Which is most re missive of him - had he been anyone but Daniel. No doubt a lady was in some kind of predicament and Daniel, being a gentleman, offered her his handkerchief. ?:knight::verysad:
That is the only explanation. :cool:

I'm afraid I have to agree with polyesco. The black tie makes him look like he's going to a funeral.

Crown Prince Frederik participated in a honor ceremony in connection with the Danish Sports Federations‘ 125th anniversary this evening - nice fabric for his suit!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

:previous: Hmm. Has he accidentally used a napkin as a tie?

True the tie is off but that suit! One of my favorites. Cool and stylish for this Sports evening

That green is shades of his sherwani from Pakistan.

What the... no.
At least this time he did not wear his velvet slippers.

What the... no.
At least this time he did not wear his velvet slippers.

Not sure about the polo neck this evening, but I did like the velvet shoes William wore recently to an event at the Camden Roundhouse.

I agree the only thing that could have made that outfit worse would have been the green shoes. He reminds me of Carl Sagan - :) Maybe it is a homage - Carl Sagan would have loved this initiative.

No, no, no - and I repeat: No!

He looks like a beer-bottle.

The only think working are his shoes and watch.

Fair enough that he for incongruous reasons donned a rifle-green velvet jacket but with a dark shirt or whatever it is, I can't even make it out. No! (It's a turtleneck! William knows I hate turtlenecks. I've written him many times saying so.)
Where is the contrast? Where is the action? Where is the pang? Where is the fun?

For once William decides to be bold and wear something other than blue, and then he spoils it.

I can just hear him saying to Kate: "I'm going all out this time! But I'll do it dull."

:doh::doh::doh: from me.

I actually like the green jacket, it reminds me of them both looking great in green in Pakistan but noooo on the polo neck. A regular white shirt and bow tie would have worked better with that.

Agree. That black turtleneck shirt is a big no!
The green velvet needed a lighter shirt underneath.

I agree the only thing that could have made that outfit worse would have been the green shoes. He reminds me of Carl Sagan - :) Maybe it is a homage - Carl Sagan would have loved this initiative.

Y'know, I thought of Carl Sagan too when I saw that. Carl Sagan is one of the top 10 list of men I admire and I can still hear him echo "billions and billions" to emphasize a point. I think if Sagan had lived, he'd be right there among those promoting doing what we can to preserve our earth as well as keep on continuing to explore our universe around us. Humans are good at multitasking and can do both!

I have to give William credit: this IS different! Not his usual attire at all.

You have to admit that this outfit does make William look more "scholarly". Just needed a tweed jacket with patches on the elbows to go with that polo neck shirt. I like that kind of casual look. But.... it didn't mesh well with what Catherine was wearing at all.

The green velvet suit jacket works very well for Prince William. He is tall and this type of jacket is one which looks best when worn by a fellow of good stature.

I actually like the look very much but it should not have been worn to this event.

Velvet is not sustainable or good for the environment at all. I guess no one bothered to check or tell the Duke this.

Back
Top Bottom